Total Posts:74|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

You are loved.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:34:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
#

I am betting that many who watch this, will not be changed in the slightest. They will just continue as if nothing has happened.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:40:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I am betting that you have watched this, and will not be changed in the slightest. You will just continue as if nothing has happened.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:43:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I watched this show on The Discovery Channel last night talking about how they found the oldest fossil connecting humans to apes. It was pretty awesome.
President of DDO
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:44:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I have no time for evolution, it is apart of my past life, I have been there done that. Evolution means so little to me. Not because I will not listen to those who want me to believe in evolution but because it has no value to anyone. I WILL not be lowered into a life of sex and drunkenness and worldy fun. Jesus invites you into a life of suffering and eternal life which is knowing God.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:45:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 12:43:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I watched this show on The Discovery Channel last night talking about how they found the oldest fossil connecting humans to apes. It was pretty awesome.

Oh, I missed that! I wanted to watch the one about Ardi but I had Thanksgiving dinner... I hope I can catch it on the reruns.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:46:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 12:44:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have no time for evolution, it is apart of my past life, I have been there done that. Evolution means so little to me. Not because I will not listen to those who want me to believe in evolution but because it has no value to anyone. I WILL not be lowered into a life of sex and drunkenness and worldy fun. Jesus invites you into a life of suffering and eternal life which is knowing God.

Great -I'll burn in hell - Yippee!

Seriously, do you think people who believe in evolution have NO morals? There are Atheists who are more moral than you.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:49:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 12:45:18 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 10/12/2009 12:43:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I watched this show on The Discovery Channel last night talking about how they found the oldest fossil connecting humans to apes. It was pretty awesome.

Oh, I missed that! I wanted to watch the one about Ardi but I had Thanksgiving dinner... I hope I can catch it on the reruns.

Yes, it was the one about Ardi and premiered last night :)
President of DDO
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:53:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 10/12/2009 12:46:57 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/12/2009 12:44:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have no time for evolution, it is apart of my past life, I have been there done that. Evolution means so little to me. Not because I will not listen to those who want me to believe in evolution but because it has no value to anyone. I WILL not be lowered into a life of sex and drunkenness and worldy fun. Jesus invites you into a life of suffering and eternal life which is knowing God.

: Great -I'll burn in hell - Yippee!

I have tried and tried and all I get back is an approval to go to hell because you would rather burn up and dehumanize, with nashing teeth than to bow down to God as your Master.

: Seriously, do you think people who believe in evolution have NO morals? There are Atheists who are more moral than you.

People who are not Christians excape the law by the skin of their teeth every single day. Even Christians, and you think that is moral! Being a atheists is nothing great, it is the easiest thing to be.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:57:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 12:44:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
I WILL not be lowered into a life of sex and drunkenness and worldy fun. Jesus invites :you into a life of suffering and eternal life which is knowing God.

Translation: I can't get any, no one invites me to parties, the only person who loves me is my imaginary friend, and I rationalize my loneliness by pretending to be a misunderstood higher intelligence with loftier moral goals, even though I'm not fooling anyone but myself.

PsychoanalysisPWNED.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:57:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 12:53:41 PM, GodSands wrote:
People who are not Christians excape the law by the skin of their teeth every single day. Even Christians, and you think that is moral! Being a atheists is nothing great, it is the easiest thing to be.

You're an idiot, and I've accepted that, but what the hell kind of assumption is this? Escape the law by the "skin of their teeth?" You'll have to prove that stupidity before you say this again.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:00:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 12:53:41 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 10/12/2009 12:46:57 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/12/2009 12:44:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have no time for evolution, it is apart of my past life, I have been there done that. Evolution means so little to me. Not because I will not listen to those who want me to believe in evolution but because it has no value to anyone. I WILL not be lowered into a life of sex and drunkenness and worldy fun. Jesus invites you into a life of suffering and eternal life which is knowing God.

: Great -I'll burn in hell - Yippee!

I have tried and tried and all I get back is an approval to go to hell because you would rather burn up and dehumanize, with nashing teeth than to bow down to God as your Master.

Proof of hell?


: Seriously, do you think people who believe in evolution have NO morals? There are Atheists who are more moral than you.

People who are not Christians excape the law by the skin of their teeth every single day. Even Christians, and you think that is moral! Being a atheists is nothing great, it is the easiest thing to be.

Being an Atheist is easy? How about facing the fact the majority of the world is theist? And arguing with friends over religion, or being the awkward one out in class.

It's comparatively easier to be a Christian than an Atheist - An atheist has to find proof but Christian sit there and have a pastor feed them it course by course. But the served food is poisoned.

Watch the video. It's great. Just great.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:04:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 10/12/2009 12:57:25 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/12/2009 12:44:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
I WILL not be lowered into a life of sex and drunkenness and worldy fun. Jesus invites :you into a life of suffering and eternal life which is knowing God.

Translation: I can't get any, no one invites me to parties, the only person who loves me is my imaginary friend, and I rationalize my loneliness by pretending to be a misunderstood higher intelligence with loftier moral goals, even though I'm not fooling anyone but myself.

PsychoanalysisPWNED.


I don't get invited to many parties, but that was not why I became a Christian, since I have been a Christian I have been drunk and I have fornicated.

By the skin of their teeth, if your thoughts were able to become physical, you would be put to death by the law in America, it is different in England.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:06:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 1:04:15 PM, GodSands wrote
if your thoughts were able to become physical, you would be put to death by the law in America, it is different in England.

lolwut?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:11:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Proof of hell?

If there was then everyone would turn to Christ. There is no evidence saying there is no hell.

Being an Atheist is easy? How about facing the fact the majority of the world is theist? And arguing with friends over religion, or being the awkward one out in class.

You choose to do all those things, you gain nothing either way, argue or not. That is a poor, poor excuse. Being an atheist is probably the easiest thing to be. You just need to LIVE YOUR LIFE and nothing more. Whatever goes, goes.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:17:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 1:11:19 PM, GodSands wrote:
Proof of hell?

If there was then everyone would turn to Christ. There is no evidence saying there is no hell.

You're the one making the difficult assertion, give proof.


Being an Atheist is easy? How about facing the fact the majority of the world is theist? And arguing with friends over religion, or being the awkward one out in class.

You choose to do all those things, you gain nothing either way, argue or not. That is a poor, poor excuse. Being an atheist is probably the easiest thing to be. You just need to LIVE YOUR LIFE and nothing more. Whatever goes, goes.

Yeah my choice, but it isn't an easy one. And Pascal's Wager is the biggest fail ever. Besides, you are morally immature, you only believe in God so you won't burn (Fear of punishment) and want to get into heaven (Benefits for being good).
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:21:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 10/12/2009 1:17:02 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/12/2009 1:11:19 PM, GodSands wrote:
Proof of hell?

If there was then everyone would turn to Christ. There is no evidence saying there is no hell.

You're the one making the difficult assertion, give proof.


Being an Atheist is easy? How about facing the fact the majority of the world is theist? And arguing with friends over religion, or being the awkward one out in class.

You choose to do all those things, you gain nothing either way, argue or not. That is a poor, poor excuse. Being an atheist is probably the easiest thing to be. You just need to LIVE YOUR LIFE and nothing more. Whatever goes, goes.

Yeah my choice, but it isn't an easy one. And Pascal's Wager is the biggest fail ever. Besides, you are morally immature, you only believe in God so you won't burn (Fear of punishment) and want to get into heaven (Benefits for being good).


Proof you give proof there is no hell, see the dilemma? Stop trying to be popular. Give it a break.

Your choice end of. I couldn't care what you do with your choices, may they be hard or not.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:23:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 1:21:07 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 10/12/2009 1:17:02 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/12/2009 1:11:19 PM, GodSands wrote:
Proof of hell?

If there was then everyone would turn to Christ. There is no evidence saying there is no hell.

You're the one making the difficult assertion, give proof.


Being an Atheist is easy? How about facing the fact the majority of the world is theist? And arguing with friends over religion, or being the awkward one out in class.

You choose to do all those things, you gain nothing either way, argue or not. That is a poor, poor excuse. Being an atheist is probably the easiest thing to be. You just need to LIVE YOUR LIFE and nothing more. Whatever goes, goes.

Yeah my choice, but it isn't an easy one. And Pascal's Wager is the biggest fail ever. Besides, you are morally immature, you only believe in God so you won't burn (Fear of punishment) and want to get into heaven (Benefits for being good).


Proof you give proof there is no hell, see the dilemma? Stop trying to be popular. Give it a break.

Proof there is no hell? Simple, we can't see on. You're the one making the claim that requires evidence, I have all the evidence - There is no hell we can see.

And stop being popular? I'm not being Atheist out of popularity, I think it's the correct belief system.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:27:31 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Heck, atheists are the least popular minority in America.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:29:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Most people in America arn't even Christian, but mere people who only think they are Christians, no more. Their relationship with God is barrian and empty. They live in sin like an atheist, I know because I used to be a luke warm Christian.
PervRat
Posts: 963
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:31:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
When Hitler rallied Christians to join the fight to get rid of the heathen Jews, was that love?

When a regular church-goer decided to represent God's hatred of f@gs by shooting at me while I was in my own yard, was that love?

When one of my best friends had "god hates f@gs" protesters when he wed his lover of 5 years, was that love?

No other religion on the planet has had more blood spilt in its name than Christianity. That, to me, does not bear the mark of love, it bears the mark of evil and hate. Try living your own life instead of waging a hate war against those who have chosen for themselves that Christ's murderous fanclub is not for them.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:32:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 1:29:46 PM, GodSands wrote:
Most people in America arn't even Christian, but mere people who only think they are Christians, no more. Their relationship with God is barrian and empty. They live in sin like an atheist, I know because I used to be a luke warm Christian.

Your experience =/= everyone's experience.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 2:05:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 1:29:46 PM, GodSands wrote:
Most people in America arn't even Christian, but mere people who only think they are Christians, no more. Their relationship with God is barrian and empty. They live in sin like an atheist, I know because I used to be a luke warm Christian.

They still follow your moral code. That should be enough for your God to get into your haven.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 2:39:05 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 1:04:15 PM, GodSands wrote:
I don't get invited to many parties, but that was not why I became a Christian, since I have been a Christian I have been drunk and I have fornicated.

Drinking away your loneliness and having impure thoughts about a nurse when you went to get your check-up don't really count as drunkenness and fornication.

By the skin of their teeth, if your thoughts were able to become physical, you would be put to death by the law in America, it is different in England.

There's no skin on my teeth, and if my thoughts were able to become physical, *you* would be put to death by the law of the Great Holy Republic of Master Warlord and World Emperor Kleptin.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 9:17:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 2:39:05 PM, Kleptin wrote:

There's no skin on my teeth, and if my thoughts were able to become physical, *you* would be put to death by the law of the Great Holy Republic of Master Warlord and World Emperor Kleptin.

Hey now... why do you get all the fun?
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 5:29:56 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 10/12/2009 2:39:05 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/12/2009 1:04:15 PM, GodSands wrote:
I don't get invited to many parties, but that was not why I became a Christian, since I have been a Christian I have been drunk and I have fornicated.

Drinking away your loneliness and having impure thoughts about a nurse when you went to get your check-up don't really count as drunkenness and fornication.

By the skin of their teeth, if your thoughts were able to become physical, you would be put to death by the law in America, it is different in England.

There's no skin on my teeth, and if my thoughts were able to become physical, *you* would be put to death by the law of the Great Holy Republic of Master Warlord and World Emperor Kleptin.


Now you are just calling God another name. You are blink Kleptin that beliefs are very, very powerful, they shape how one sees the world and all around him, I get the impression you do not get it.

You oppose that, and I can never get a straight answer from you. Our words mean nothing to our beliefs, it is our actions that do the speaking. You can say what you want, it makes no difference, if you are alive, you are under the Grace of God.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 10:57:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
You totally get my point. Smart boy. No one can be punished based on their beliefs because our beliefs do not directly dictate our actions. Sure, they may play some effect, but as you have deduced, my point is that in the end, our effect on the world can be reduced down to the minimum of our actions, not by our beliefs, and as such, the beliefs we have are meaningless.

As for my being alive, I am alive by the grace of my parents and my society. God has never intervened in my life, as far as I can tell. And if there was some deity responsible for aiding me, it was most likely Chinese Goddess Guan Yin :P
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 1:21:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 10/13/2009 10:57:00 AM, Kleptin wrote:
You totally get my point. Smart boy. No one can be punished based on their beliefs because our beliefs do not directly dictate our actions. Sure, they may play some effect, but as you have deduced, my point is that in the end, our effect on the world can be reduced down to the minimum of our actions, not by our beliefs, and as such, the beliefs we have are meaningless.

As for my being alive, I am alive by the grace of my parents and my society. God has never intervened in my life, as far as I can tell. And if there was some deity responsible for aiding me, it was most likely Chinese Goddess Guan Yin :P


For one your beliefs drive your actions, well they should drive them. Secondly your mum and dad never had you because of grace, because you never did anything against them before birth, and no action of yours will match up to murder by your mum and dad. That is for Jesus to take care of.

God's grace is letting you have that free will that you could never live without. You believe there is nothing after death because it is the only place to escape to righteous, just and good judgement of Jesus Christ. You just will not accept, you just won't, and there is nothing else to it.

You sin is all you have done, you have done nothing but sin, so imagine that missing from you life. That is the scale I am talking about.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 1:26:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/13/2009 1:21:22 PM, GodSands wrote:
For one your beliefs drive your actions, well they should drive them.

They do drive them, but they do not determine them.

Secondly your mum and dad never had you because of grace, because you never did anything against them before birth, and no action of yours will match up to murder by your mum and dad. That is for Jesus to take care of.

This is another instance of you *thinking* that what you said makes sense, but in reality, it doesn't.

God's grace is letting you have that free will that you could never live without. You believe there is nothing after death because it is the only place to escape to righteous, just and good judgement of Jesus Christ. You just will not accept, you just won't, and there is nothing else to it.

Prove that it's God and not Guan Yin :P

You sin is all you have done, you have done nothing but sin, so imagine that missing from you life. That is the scale I am talking about.

It's not sin if God doesn't exist ;]
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.