Total Posts:87|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I am a Christian, are you?

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 6:27:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
A Christian!! I want to share that those who say they are Christian, might not really be Christian. I stress that many of you who think for some odd reason you are a Christian will end up in hell.

Those who live in sin, those boys on this site who masterbate as if it meant nothing to God, and those girls who dress to draw in attention from boys without any affection to God. Those who do these things without remorse and a feeling of self corruption within, YOU ARE NOT CHRISTIAN!!

I am sick of you who claim to be Christian and are clearly not Christian. Maybe I am being too angry, but this is nothing to compare to what Jesus will do to those who confess faith and look at the world and joyfully join in with the world.

Many people on this site which profiles I have been confess to be Christians, in fact most people on this site do. And there is no talk of God or Jesus Christ, their information which they give out on their beliefs and on them selves give no service to Christ and his work in their lives.

To say that you are a Christian is not like a stamp on a post card, it is not like a ticket which you have brought and it is not a piece of mind where you believe that you are a Christian and because of that, it makes you a Christian.

Being a Christian will transform your very inner being, which will have huge effects on your conscious and your attitude towards sin. I know this because I was once a person who thought once upon a time was Christian. You would not be able to separate me from any other person who confessed not to be a Christian.

And to you atheists, I do not respect your beliefs, nor your life styles but I respect your confessions.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 6:35:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/31/2009 6:27:57 PM, GodSands wrote:

Those who live in sin, those boys on this site who masterbate as if it meant nothing to God, and those girls who dress to draw in attention from boys without any affection to God. Those who do these things without remorse and a feeling of self corruption within, YOU ARE NOT CHRISTIAN!!

lol, if every Chistian was turned Atheist due to being Apathetic, there would be very few Christians left.

Many people on this site which profiles I have been confess to be Christians, in fact most people on this site do. And there is no talk of God or Jesus Christ, their information which they give out on their beliefs and on them selves give no service to Christ and his work in their lives.

See, some people respect others believes and realise there is an appropriate forum for this. Furthermore, they use scientific reason, not an age old document.


And to you atheists, I do not respect your beliefs, nor your life styles but I respect your confessions.

Our confessions? That we aren't restricted by a book which tells us it's okay to stone disobedient children and non-chaste brides, to sell our children into slavery? You pick and choose your morals from the bible. If you truly believe your bible is the word of God, you will accept every moral it lays down, including the aforementioned ones.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 6:46:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Step away, I do not mean to be rude but please, say something useful or go away. But what I meant by a confession of an atheist is that then admit and tell the truth about them selves.

Maybe these people who confess to be Christian are lacking knowledge, I really don't blame them in such but their upbrings and those people who say to them, "You are a Christian..." For such and such reason, maybe they prayed a prayer once to invite Jesus into their lives? I don't know. Maybe it was because they believed that they are Christians because of their perents being Christians. I even would say that their perents, some of them, aren't Christians. I can't say who's however.

But I can say this, this site is full of uncoverted people who have the notion of being Christian in their lives and no more. I know IAAP because I was once like that.

You personally IAAP cannot know what you talk of until you have been through it your self.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 6:56:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/31/2009 6:46:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
Step away, I do not mean to be rude but please, say something useful or go away. But what I meant by a confession of an atheist is that then admit and tell the truth about them selves.

I tackle your argument, and you fail to refute my response and yet your callign me the idiotic one. Wake up and smell the coffee


Maybe these people who confess to be Christian are lacking knowledge, I really don't blame them in such but their upbrings and those people who say to them, "You are a Christian..." For such and such reason, maybe they prayed a prayer once to invite Jesus into their lives? I don't know. Maybe it was because they believed that they are Christians because of their perents being Christians. I even would say that their perents, some of them, aren't Christians. I can't say who's however.

Right, the non-Christian stigma is prevalent in America, or in reality, the Atheist stigma. If people actually challenged the premise theology instead of following the pack, we would have a lot more Atheists.


But I can say this, this site is full of uncoverted people who have the notion of being Christian in their lives and no more. I know IAAP because I was once like that.

IAAP??


You personally IAAP cannot know what you talk of until you have been through it your self.

Again, IAAP?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 7:01:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 10/31/2009 6:56:59 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/31/2009 6:46:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
Step away, I do not mean to be rude but please, say something useful or go away. But what I meant by a confession of an atheist is that then admit and tell the truth about them selves.

I tackle your argument, and you fail to refute my response and yet your callign me the idiotic one. Wake up and smell the coffee


Maybe these people who confess to be Christian are lacking knowledge, I really don't blame them in such but their upbrings and those people who say to them, "You are a Christian..." For such and such reason, maybe they prayed a prayer once to invite Jesus into their lives? I don't know. Maybe it was because they believed that they are Christians because of their perents being Christians. I even would say that their perents, some of them, aren't Christians. I can't say who's however.

Right, the non-Christian stigma is prevalent in America, or in reality, the Atheist stigma. If people actually challenged the premise theology instead of following the pack, we would have a lot more Atheists.


But I can say this, this site is full of uncoverted people who have the notion of being Christian in their lives and no more. I know IAAP because I was once like that.

IAAP??


You personally IAAP cannot know what you talk of until you have been through it your self.

Again, IAAP?


You are not a Christain, nor are you a confessing one. What do you want?

IAAP = You. I am a Panda.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 7:08:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/31/2009 7:07:08 PM, twsurber wrote:
You two could make a good debate out of this :o)

Hehe, many have done so. It's like jumping head first into a brick wall.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
ournamestoolong
Posts: 1,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 7:40:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/31/2009 6:27:57 PM, GodSands wrote:
A Christian!! I want to share that those who say they are Christian, might not really be Christian. I stress that many of you who think for some odd reason you are a Christian will end up in hell.

So that's swell. Thank's for ruining my Saturday

Those who live in sin, those boys on this site who masterbate as if it meant nothing to God

You masturbate. I can gurantee you have.

and those girls who dress to draw in attention from boys without any affection to God.

And these people aren't Christian? You aren't very inclusive, are you.

I am sick of you who claim to be Christian and are clearly not Christian. Maybe I am being too angry, but this is nothing to compare to what Jesus will do to those who confess faith and look at the world and joyfully join in with the world.

Like me, right? Because you decide who is Christian. You just set some guidelines. But you can do this, can't you. Because you're the judge? Your sick version ofhristian doctrine disgusts me.

Many people on this site which profiles I have been confess to be Christians, in fact most people on this site do. And there is no talk of God or Jesus Christ, their information which they give out on their beliefs and on them selves give no service to Christ and his work in their lives.

I do charity work, as opposed totrying to convert people on the internet.That is how I serve Christ.

To say that you are a Christian is not like a stamp on a post card, it is not like a ticket which you have brought and it is not a piece of mind where you believe that you are a Christian and because of that, it makes you a Christian.

Being a Christian means you have a belief in Christ. Thereofre, it is all about what you think.

Being a Christian will transform your very inner being, which will have huge effects on your conscious and your attitude towards sin. I know this because I was once a person who thought once upon a time was Christian. You would not be able to separate me from any other person who confessed not to be a Christian.

Your point?

And to you atheists, I do not respect your beliefs, nor your life styles but I respect your confessions.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 8:08:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Actually, excluding most of the specific things godsands said (burning in hell, those with different opinions or lifestyles should not be respected), this is an interesting subject. In history and everyday, modern life, it seems that people often pay lip service to moral codes and their alleged consequences, yet completely disregard them in practice. I would even go as far to call it double-think, of a form.

If people really always embraced those moral codes that they celebrate, the world would be a very different. But in this world, people kill each other by the justification of that god which specifically says to not kill.
audrina1000
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 9:09:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
just because you do those things dosent mean your not a Christian. it means your in sin and you need to repent. you saying that means your judging people which is also a sin. :)
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 9:24:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/31/2009 9:09:35 PM, audrina1000 wrote:
just because you do those things dosent mean your not a Christian. it means your in sin and you need to repent. you saying that means your judging people which is also a sin. :)

Your judging that his statement is judging something. Doth that make you a sinner?
Renzzy
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 10:51:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Sinning does not exclude you from the body of Christ. Sinning continually Does not exclude you from the body of Christ. Denying Christ does not exclude you from the body of Christ (see Mark 14), because we know the apostle Peter did it three times, and yet he was a Christian. God is patient.

Sinning continually without repentance, conforming to the world with no remorse, and neglecting the Word of God, prayer, and church is good evidence and only good evidence that a person is not a Christian. Almost nothing is certain. We cannot know the hearts of men; that knowledge is for God alone.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 9:10:25 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 10/31/2009 10:51:24 PM, Renzzy wrote:
Sinning does not exclude you from the body of Christ. Sinning continually Does not exclude you from the body of Christ. Denying Christ does not exclude you from the body of Christ (see Mark 14), because we know the apostle Peter did it three times, and yet he was a Christian. God is patient.

Sinning continually without repentance, conforming to the world with no remorse, and neglecting the Word of God, prayer, and church is good evidence and only good evidence that a person is not a Christian. Almost nothing is certain. We cannot know the hearts of men; that knowledge is for God alone.


Peter was not a Christian until the time after Jesus died and rose to heaven. A Christian will fall into sin many times, there is no doubt there. I have fallen down that path many times, but I never dwell there comfortably, I do not rest in sin, I am like a man bare footed on hot coal wanting to be lifted into cold refreshing water, when in sin. Is that the same for most of you? Answer me.

If you confess to be a Christian and you live happily in sin, you will be thrown into hell like a person who wishes nothing of God. If you are not growing in the spirit and progressing towards God more and more, understanding Him and wanting Him, you never received Christ. For if you have your very inner being would be changed. And it would not be something that you may or may not have noticed. YOU WILL NOTICE IT! Not only that but everyone who you knew before you were converted will have to get to know you again.

Stop saying you are a Christian when you aren't one. You might think you are, because what you think is a Christian seems to be a Christian for you. That is idolatry. How have you become this Christian you think you are? Were you brought up in a Christian home, or even have you been brought up in a family who thinks they are Christian? Knowing God is knowing that you are in Christ. Even worse, have you read a prayer and thought you were saved?

If so then recheck that, becoming a Christian will depart you from the world, to Christ. You calling your self a Christian because your mum is one or you father is one is like jumping out of a plane, at 30,000ft and thinking you will be saved because your mum has a parachute. Your confession means nothing, it is just a word you speak out. No more. I could say I am an atheist, but would that make me one?

If I put on my profile saying I am an atheist would that make me an atheist knowing who I am? No it wouldn't. Your actions and the way you live and how you act towards Christ will say to another that you are a Christian because of your spiritual fruit you produce throughout your entire life.

"Many in their day will say, "Lord, Lord I cursed out demons and did many miracles in your name." And I will turn to them clearly and say, "Depart I never knew you." - Matthew 7:22-23. And you sir, or miss will be thrown into the perfect wrath of God forever! Seek God, want Him and seek His son Jesus Christ!

The path to heaven is hard, not easy, the path to hell is wide and broad and many go there. Few who confess Jesus will be in the presents of Jesus forever, not those who confess but few of those who confess his name.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 9:11:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 10/31/2009 7:40:15 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:
At 10/31/2009 6:27:57 PM, GodSands wrote:
A Christian!! I want to share that those who say they are Christian, might not really be Christian. I stress that many of you who think for some odd reason you are a Christian will end up in hell.

So that's swell. Thank's for ruining my Saturday

Those who live in sin, those boys on this site who masterbate as if it meant nothing to God

You masturbate. I can gurantee you have.

and those girls who dress to draw in attention from boys without any affection to God.

And these people aren't Christian? You aren't very inclusive, are you.

I am sick of you who claim to be Christian and are clearly not Christian. Maybe I am being too angry, but this is nothing to compare to what Jesus will do to those who confess faith and look at the world and joyfully join in with the world.


Like me, right? Because you decide who is Christian. You just set some guidelines. But you can do this, can't you. Because you're the judge? Your sick version ofhristian doctrine disgusts me.

Many people on this site which profiles I have been confess to be Christians, in fact most people on this site do. And there is no talk of God or Jesus Christ, their information which they give out on their beliefs and on them selves give no service to Christ and his work in their lives.

I do charity work, as opposed totrying to convert people on the internet.That is how I serve Christ.

To say that you are a Christian is not like a stamp on a post card, it is not like a ticket which you have brought and it is not a piece of mind where you believe that you are a Christian and because of that, it makes you a Christian.

Being a Christian means you have a belief in Christ. Thereofre, it is all about what you think.

Being a Christian will transform your very inner being, which will have huge effects on your conscious and your attitude towards sin. I know this because I was once a person who thought once upon a time was Christian. You would not be able to separate me from any other person who confessed not to be a Christian.

Your point?

And to you atheists, I do not respect your beliefs, nor your life styles but I respect your confessions.

If you are truly are Christian, you would agree with me here. That's my point, you made it for me.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:25:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/31/2009 8:08:28 PM, Harlan wrote:
If people really always embraced those moral codes that they celebrate, the world would be a very different. But in this world, people kill each other by the justification of that god which specifically says to not kill.

I disagree there. It says not to kill, but then it also commands people to kill.

"Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman (non-believers and pagans), which have committed that wicked thing (worshiping other gods), unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die." - Deuteronomy 17:3

GodSands, if you were truly Christian, why don't you stone all of us just as Yahweh commanded? Or are you gonna just pick and choose the verses that you like and ignore the rest.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:50:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
GodSands, if you were truly Christian, why don't you stone all of us just as Yahweh commanded? Or are you gonna just pick and choose the verses that you like and ignore the rest.

There are a number of problems here, one Jesus said to love your enermies, secondly I cannot even if I wanted to, and thirdly God needed to be very strict with His laws given to His people, for one reason mainly, so that Jesus Christ may be born to save us from the wrath of God. If God was not strict then the Israelites would probably have gone there own ways and not have obeyed God to stay in the promise land. The whole point of the Bible is for Jesus Christ to save us for him. Because he is WORTHY!

Thats nice IAAP.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:21:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/1/2009 1:18:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
Is Jesus God according to you, GodSands?

Jesus IS God, yes indeed. I see you are in the faith of Islam.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:25:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/1/2009 1:21:30 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/1/2009 1:18:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
Is Jesus God according to you, GodSands?

Jesus IS God, yes indeed. I see you are in the faith of Islam.

So is he going to Hell?

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:25:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/1/2009 1:21:30 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/1/2009 1:18:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
Is Jesus God according to you, GodSands?

Jesus IS God, yes indeed. I see you are in the faith of Islam.
Yes because there's no reason for me to be a Christian. The Qur'an is more authentic than the Bible (unchanged since it existed), it is consistent, it give the real status to Jesus (peace be upon him), it has more historical evidence, it has no unfulfilled prophecies, it tells me that it is the last book of God (and the Bible doesn't), and it tells me that Islam is the only true religion (the Bible doesn't say that Christianity is the only true religion).
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:34:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Yes because there's no reason for me to be a Christian. The Qur'an is more authentic than the Bible (unchanged since it existed), it is consistent, it give the real status to Jesus (peace be upon him), it has more historical evidence, it has no unfulfilled prophecies, it tells me that it is the last book of God (and the Bible doesn't), and it tells me that Islam is the only true religion (the Bible doesn't say that Christianity is the only true religion).

How do you make eternal life?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:35:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/1/2009 1:34:15 PM, GodSands wrote:
Yes because there's no reason for me to be a Christian. The Qur'an is more authentic than the Bible (unchanged since it existed), it is consistent, it give the real status to Jesus (peace be upon him), it has more historical evidence, it has no unfulfilled prophecies, it tells me that it is the last book of God (and the Bible doesn't), and it tells me that Islam is the only true religion (the Bible doesn't say that Christianity is the only true religion).

How do you make eternal life?
Can you explain what you mean by that?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:39:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/1/2009 1:38:39 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I think many Christians believe that Muslims can go to heaven, but Hebrews cannot.
We'll, there's no reason for why they shouldn't. The Bible never spoke about being the last word of God.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:45:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/1/2009 1:39:56 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/1/2009 1:38:39 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I think many Christians believe that Muslims can go to heaven, but Hebrews cannot.
We'll, there's no reason for why they shouldn't. The Bible never spoke about being the last word of God.

Although I respect the Muslim religion, I sort of have mixed feelings about how Muslims practice their religion. I've seen to many events, heard too many stories, and viewed too many movies that display the poor treatment of women and barbaric ways of Islam. I've heard if practiced correctly, it's very peaceful, but I believe the religion itself has gone too far for me.