Jump to topic:

"This should keep us all thinking."

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 8:31:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
For about 3 seconds. Then one realizes that anger causes an increase in sweat and a decrease in coordination-- and an increase in unpredictable early dropping.

Now if this experiment had been repeated for 20 trials after the fellow stood up, since that seems to be the argued cause for the intervention-- and 20 times, the chalk survived-- you might have an argument.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 8:46:37 AM
At 11/10/2009 8:31:50 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
For about 3 seconds. Then one realizes that anger causes an increase in sweat and a decrease in coordination-- and an increase in unpredictable early dropping.

Now if this experiment had been repeated for 20 trials after the fellow stood up, since that seems to be the argued cause for the intervention-- and 20 times, the chalk survived-- you might have an argument.

May God use His own creation.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 8:48:47 AM
Youre kidding me, right?

I was expecting the chalk to grow wings and levitate. Now that would be a miracle.

Instead, what do we have? A clumsy professor who was surprised and managed to drop the chalk in a way that it rolls harmlessly off his shoes.

So, out of the many years this professor taught, and out of every time he dropped the chalk and it shattered, once, just once, he manages to drop a chalk in a way that makes it roll harmlessly on the ground.

Congrats. I love your Gods track record.

If a thousand babies die, but one miraculously lives, that is proof of God! What a miracle!!!

This video fails miserably.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 5:15:28 PM
At 11/10/2009 5:12:50 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I, too, want to be a fiction writer someday: http://www.snopes.com...

Snopes rules.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 5:19:18 PM
Poejoe you bastard, you beat me to snopes by 15 seconds.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 5:39:48 PM
At 11/10/2009 8:48:47 AM, tkubok wrote:
Youre kidding me, right?

I was expecting the chalk to grow wings and levitate. Now that would be a miracle.

Instead, what do we have? A clumsy professor who was surprised and managed to drop the chalk in a way that it rolls harmlessly off his shoes.

So, out of the many years this professor taught, and out of every time he dropped the chalk and it shattered, once, just once, he manages to drop a chalk in a way that makes it roll harmlessly on the ground.

Congrats. I love your Gods track record.

If a thousand babies die, but one miraculously lives, that is proof of God! What a miracle!!!

This video fails miserably.

On a side note the chalk broke only once because only once did a student stand up.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 11:11:49 PM
At 11/10/2009 5:19:18 PM, Kleptin wrote:
Poejoe you bastard, you beat me to snopes by 15 seconds.

Watch yaself. People here have small cojones. Even smaller than you Asianz. Jk.
President of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 11:20:19 PM
God can take the time to stop a piece of chalk from breaking, but he won't try to end world suffering. That's just great.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 1:40:56 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2009 7:30:56 PM
I was about to post making sure we all knew that GodSands' video from the first post was a work of fiction, but it looks like that's already been pointed out.

A fictional story proves nothing.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2009 7:47:14 PM
At 11/12/2009 7:30:56 PM, omelet wrote:
I was about to post making sure we all knew that GodSands' video from the first post was a work of fiction, but it looks like that's already been pointed out.

A fictional story proves nothing.

Even if it were a true story it would prove nothing, accept that the teacher was ridiculous for running out of the room instead of saying oops, and then dropping it proper.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 3:06:50 AM
Beside the point there, it fell to the ground, everyone saw it did according to the story, wouldn't matter if he picked it up a shattered it into 12 cazillion pieces.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 7:42:38 AM
Even if this story was true, it doesn't prove anything. Yeah, the odds are slim that the chalk won't break, but big deal. The odds are also slim that you win the lottery, but people still do win the lottery, and they don't blame it on God. Improbability =/= impossibility, which certainly =/= miracles.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 8:54:47 AM
: At 11/14/2009 7:42:38 AM, Nags wrote:
Even if this story was true, it doesn't prove anything. Yeah, the odds are slim that the chalk won't break, but big deal. The odds are also slim that you win the lottery, but people still do win the lottery, and they don't blame it on God. Improbability =/= impossibility, which certainly =/= miracles.

Tighten your lips, believe it or do not.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 9:19:17 PM
That was an amazing video....

I almost felt like crying. And not because I am real sentimental, but if you all open your eyes to the truth and meaning of this video it can go past religion.

Guys, lets say we were talking about someone's good morality here instead of religion. Would you still criticize it?
If this video was talking about the good in not killing innocents, would you laugh and say these same things?
For just a moment, look past the beliefs of the religion, and look at what the properties and values religion holds.
Would you see a Christian church preach and tell people to swear, use violence, murder, and dis-courtesy towards others?
We all believe different beliefs, but every one with a conscious mind knows that the implications that this video, and the Christian religions in general, only stand by what is good and right.
Whether you believe in god or not, this chalk story has more than just a meaning for god.
Its meaning is to stand up for what is right.
Whether god had something to do with that chalk falling harmlessly to the ground, or not, it shows us the morality and good will of people.
This teacher had struck fear into every one of the students who believed anything other than what he believes.
What good will, or morality was this teacher proving upon calling any one who thought against his opinion, a fool?
And after twenty years of the same lesson, one student gets up. One student stands up for what he believes to be right. One student gets up and attempts to make a difference in the world.
One student has possibly created a chain reaction of a mass plethora of people to stand up for what they know to be true and right.
As this video says, how many of us choose to email nasty jokes rather than send those which have the content of good will? Why would someone rather encourage inappropriate, rather than inspiration and the good will of humanity?
Is that how far we've gone? We can make excuses for our faults, and make what we do seem right.
What is the basic principle of god?
You don't have to believe in god, but would you say loving one another, and trying to spread love to others is a bad thing? Because that is what the Christian god stands for real or not.
This video has got me thinking.
I for one, am one who needs to change my life and habits. I hope this video has inspired others to change, because its implications can provide a much better world.
You can take religion completely out of this. Believe what you believe. If that means being atheist because you believe in no god, then fine. But one thing you cannot argue is the morality of this video. This video in no way harms anyone. Its entire purpose is to motivate and raise determination to do what is right.
If you think that is wrong or immoral, then I pity you.
I believe it should be every one's common goal to work together as a society to bring about peace and love, no matter your religion, beliefs, and opinions. What separates us from each other but these things?
We are all the same. We are all made of the same things. We all have feelings, and we all know what is right. So I encourage you all to watch this video. After its ending, can you really tell me that this video is at all negative?
Or does it support what humanity's goal should be?
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 9:41:14 PM
At 11/14/2009 9:19:17 PM, philosphical wrote:
That was an amazing video....

I almost felt like crying. And not because I am real sentimental, but if you all open your eyes to the truth and meaning of this video it can go past religion.

Guys, lets say we were talking about someone's good morality here instead of religion. Would you still criticize it?
If this video was talking about the good in not killing innocents, would you laugh and say these same things?
For just a moment, look past the beliefs of the religion, and look at what the properties and values religion holds.
Would you see a Christian church preach and tell people to swear, use violence, murder, and dis-courtesy towards others?
We all believe different beliefs, but every one with a conscious mind knows that the implications that this video, and the Christian religions in general, only stand by what is good and right.
Whether you believe in god or not, this chalk story has more than just a meaning for god.
Its meaning is to stand up for what is right.
Whether god had something to do with that chalk falling harmlessly to the ground, or not, it shows us the morality and good will of people.
This teacher had struck fear into every one of the students who believed anything other than what he believes.
What good will, or morality was this teacher proving upon calling any one who thought against his opinion, a fool?
And after twenty years of the same lesson, one student gets up. One student stands up for what he believes to be right. One student gets up and attempts to make a difference in the world.
One student has possibly created a chain reaction of a mass plethora of people to stand up for what they know to be true and right.
As this video says, how many of us choose to email nasty jokes rather than send those which have the content of good will? Why would someone rather encourage inappropriate, rather than inspiration and the good will of humanity?
Is that how far we've gone? We can make excuses for our faults, and make what we do seem right.
What is the basic principle of god?
You don't have to believe in god, but would you say loving one another, and trying to spread love to others is a bad thing? Because that is what the Christian god stands for real or not.
This video has got me thinking.
I for one, am one who needs to change my life and habits. I hope this video has inspired others to change, because its implications can provide a much better world.
You can take religion completely out of this. Believe what you believe. If that means being atheist because you believe in no god, then fine. But one thing you cannot argue is the morality of this video. This video in no way harms anyone. Its entire purpose is to motivate and raise determination to do what is right.
If you think that is wrong or immoral, then I pity you.
I believe it should be every one's common goal to work together as a society to bring about peace and love, no matter your religion, beliefs, and opinions. What separates us from each other but these things?
We are all the same. We are all made of the same things. We all have feelings, and we all know what is right. So I encourage you all to watch this video. After its ending, can you really tell me that this video is at all negative?
Or does it support what humanity's goal should be?

I care about the truth, not a misguided and frankly pathetic video.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 9:43:19 PM
I care about the truth, not a misguided and frankly pathetic video.

Taking the religous aspect out of this video, how is it "misguided and pathetic"?
Do you not believe in the morality behind spreading love and peace?
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 9:51:41 PM
At 11/14/2009 9:44:56 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/14/2009 9:43:19 PM, philosphical wrote:
a lot of stuff

Good lord the video is contagious KILL PHILOSPHICAL NOW

That is the purpose of the video, to spread good will and virtue! You all seem to think that it is somehow minipulitive
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 10:11:54 PM
At 11/14/2009 9:51:41 PM, philosphical wrote:
At 11/14/2009 9:44:56 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/14/2009 9:43:19 PM, philosphical wrote:
a lot of stuff

Good lord the video is contagious KILL PHILOSPHICAL NOW

That is the purpose of the video, to spread good will and virtue! You all seem to think that it is somehow minipulitive

It is because good will and virtue do not exist.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2009 11:26:46 PM
the Christian religions in general, only stand by what is good and right.

"I will bring evil upon the house of Jerobo'am, and will cut off from Jerobo'am him that pisseth (pee) against the wall" (I Kings 14:10)

Here, the Christian God threatens to bring evil upon those who don't use the restroom in designated areas.

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalms 137:9, KJV)

Here, we see the Christian God suggesting smashing little children agaisnt rocks to achieve happiness.

philosophical = FAIL
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 5:32:12 AM
: At 11/14/2009 11:26:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
the Christian religions in general, only stand by what is good and right.

"I will bring evil upon the house of Jerobo'am, and will cut off from Jerobo'am him that pisseth (pee) against the wall" (I Kings 14:10)

Here, the Christian God threatens to bring evil upon those who don't use the restroom in designated areas.

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalms 137:9, KJV)

Here, we see the Christian God suggesting smashing little children agaisnt rocks to achieve happiness.

philosophical = FAIL

I do not come in half way between one thing, you think that because no one can settle the argument about evolution and creation. Your religion has come half way to settle, lets make spiritual evolution. No! Let us not, let the truth rain and I am sorry you do not like some quotes from the Bible.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 11:35:41 AM
only mildy mis-interpreted.

You look for every little thing in the bible and interpret everything you read from it as negative as possible, when really these things have different meanings.

You fail to look at the positive in the bible, and when it is presented in front of you, you ignore it and find other things which you can twist and turn into negativity the bible "creates".

Instead of trying to find every way possibly to downsize the bible, look at the virtue and good will it does offer.