Jump to topic:

Child Labour should be allow?

suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 3:24:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Child do not suppose to work because they should go to school and develop their future. However what if the child found an opportunity to work to be more worth while than education? If spend time working instead of studying would make a different out of starvation, shouldn't children be allowed to chose part they want to follow.

Funny is that I used to think that if I had never pay for my education and save all that money for investment. I would be 10 times richer than what I am right now :D
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 5:09:15 PM
Good! Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 6:47:32 PM
I've always thought that apprenticeships served people going into a trade much better than most education on the subject. Academia helps academics; it's not for everyone.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Celarix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 8:29:49 PM
Children aren't ready to make those kind of decisions, though. Education isn't only about teaching kids math and science, it (along, of course, with good parental influence) is there to teach kids how the world works, the difference between right and wrong, and all the important life lessons.

They have a lot to lose if they choose wrongly, and they might get in a situation in which they're being exploited or overworked because they don't know any better.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 8:58:19 PM
How do you define child labor in this case. I have been working since I was 13, but I didn't leave school either.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 9:03:13 PM
At 3/25/2013 8:29:49 PM, Celarix wrote:
Children aren't ready to make those kind of decisions, though. Education isn't only about teaching kids math and science, it (along, of course, with good parental influence) is there to teach kids how the world works, the difference between right and wrong, and all the important life lessons.

Maybe in theory, ever look at kids our public education system graduates? They aren't too bright, show up to class 70% of the time and they'll move you right on out the door with a poor grasp on basic math skills, very little practical knowledge and pretty little square hat to show for it.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 2:13:45 AM
At 3/25/2013 8:58:19 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
How do you define child labor in this case. I have been working since I was 13, but I didn't leave school either.

How about full-time underage worker?

Actually, lewis is right, there are over 100 people in my high school, most of them go on to university but less than 10 had finished their graduation with any meaningful effect. Many left for professional education, designer, chef etc.