Jump to topic:

IGCSE, SAT, Baccalaureat, CNT, CSE

Togzhan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:58:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do you think that these exams, IGCSE, SAT, Baccalaureat, CNT, CSE are suitable for students nowadays? Can you explain your position?
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 11:07:33 PM
The IGSCE and Baccalaureate are both fine curriculums. From my knowledge the CSE is decent as well. Can't comment on the SAT (not American) and I'm not aware what the CNT is, for reasons you are probably not aware of the HSC.

Explaining my position would take a very long time. Suffice to say, certain exams are good given certain situations. Plus, the IGSCE and Baccalaureate (especially this one) have curriculums which I broadly support, as opposed to say, the HSC which I am taking in NSW (I'm from Australia) .

As to the broad matter of standardised testing, there's a time and place for it. The extent to which there's a time and place for it... maybe another day we can discuss that.

On a sidenote, there's an incredible no. of acronyms in this post.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Togzhan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:48:51 AM
thank you for your answer. CNT is the test which is taken in Kazakhstan. Can you please discribe me positive and gative aspects of HSW, i need to develop my project.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 5:27:30 PM
At 4/23/2013 10:53:40 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Wtf are these tests? Out of the list above, I've only heard of SAT.

I've only heard of SAT and Baccalaureat (pretty much French equivalent of SAT). don't know what the others are
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault