Jump to topic:

College rejections

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:17:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What schools, if any, rejected your application for admission? I was rejected from Harvard
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:18:20 PM
lol most people apply to Harvard just for the fun of it.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:18:59 PM
At 5/1/2013 5:18:20 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
lol most people apply to Harvard just for the fun of it.

I applied because my father told me to, my chances were pretty low
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:28:41 PM
Do you get a college interview before they reject you? Or is not being interviewed a sign that they're going to reject you?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:29:33 PM
Cornell University. Technically Grinnell, but that's only because I forgot to send them my SAT score. Otherwise I'm 90% positive I would've gotten in since I got into better schools.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:33:15 PM
I got rejected by this girl Jessica who was in my College biology class, she had cute eyes and she had the nicest rack...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:33:45 PM
Oh what SCHOOLS have rejected us.....

Thats what I get for reading only the title -__________-
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:34:17 PM
At 5/1/2013 5:28:41 PM, 000ike wrote:
Do you get a college interview before they reject you? Or is not being interviewed a sign that they're going to reject you?

They offer interviews to as many applicants as they can, Harvard alums throughout the country will volunteer to do interviews
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:35:22 PM
At 5/1/2013 5:34:17 PM, thett3 wrote:

They offer interviews to as many applicants as they can, Harvard alums throughout the country will volunteer to do interviews

My sis and I both got one and both were rejected so evidently it isnt indicative of anything :P
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:00:04 PM
I wish I had applied to a school like MIT or something just to see. Only applied to Rose Hulman and Purdue.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:11:36 PM
I got rejected from Buffalo State College because I completely forgot to send them my gap statement. I didn't get rejected from any Ivies, but I never applied. I kind of wish I had done so just out of curiosity, but then again, I got into a good state school and financial aid pays for it (so I'll have minimal debt) and it's close enough to home that a dorm room is optional.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 1:49:33 AM
I only applied to four schools, because I had to pay the application fees myself; I was accepted to all four. My dad didn't want to pay for NYU and neither did I, so I go to WVU now. I honestly don't know why I cared so much about AP classes or my SAT score.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 11:23:21 AM
I still sometimes get bummed out by the fact that I missed my top college by 4 marks.

Especially because some of my classmates with lower percentage got in.

Reservation sucks.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 3:43:20 AM
At 5/1/2013 5:17:20 PM, thett3 wrote:
What schools, if any, rejected your application for admission? I was rejected from Harvard

I got into every school I applied to in the United States. Got one rejection from a school in the United Kingdom, but that was to be expected.

My SAT's were pretty good; all of them. My GPA was alright. I had a few nice letters of recommendation too, which helped.
Tsar of DDO
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 3:47:25 AM
I was rejected by Cambridge.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 5:28:28 AM
At 5/1/2013 5:34:17 PM, thett3 wrote:

Same here, I got a Harvard interview, but I still got rejected.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 7:16:57 PM
At 5/2/2013 1:49:33 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I only applied to four schools, because I had to pay the application fees myself; I was accepted to all four. My dad didn't want to pay for NYU and neither did I, so I go to WVU now. I honestly don't know why I cared so much about AP classes or my SAT score.

Why did I think you went to Dartmouth?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 8:11:13 PM
If I were a college admissions guy, I'd have to resist the urge to staple a Burger King job application to my rejections for the lulz.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 5:50:00 AM
At 5/3/2013 3:43:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/1/2013 5:17:20 PM, thett3 wrote:

I got into every school I applied to in the United States. Got one rejection from a school in the United Kingdom, but that was to be expected.

Which one? And schools in the UK are for 5-18 year olds. We call them universities here
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 6:16:06 AM
I got into forest hill college without too much hassle, a maths test, general knowledge test and abstract reasoning test (an IQ test that actually works), then an interview. Interesting that they prefer younger students to older students. My first year had a total student size of people my level at only ~90 students. Only one or two were above 12 years of age.

What is it like to desperately want to get into a certain college then get rejected?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 9:16:41 AM
At 5/3/2013 7:16:57 PM, 000ike wrote:

Why did I think you went to Dartmouth?

I thought he did too...
Tsar of DDO
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 9:25:29 AM
Comedian Adam Carolla has a book, "Not Taco Bell Material" named from the rejection of his job application at Taco Bell. That's got to be discouraging.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 10:59:32 AM
At 5/5/2013 9:25:29 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Comedian Adam Carolla has a book, "Not Taco Bell Material" named from the rejection of his job application at Taco Bell. That's got to be discouraging.

Overqualified? I've heard that surprisingly often, that someone was rejected for being overqualified.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 11:03:33 AM

AP classes because they count as college credit right? I assumed that was the only reason to take them. Damn my 3.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 11:52:58 AM
At 5/5/2013 11:03:33 AM, lewis20 wrote:

AP classes because they count as college credit right? I assumed that was the only reason to take them. Damn my 3.

the best thing about AP classes is being in a class with more intelligent people and getting a better education. What AP class did you take?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 11:58:46 AM
At 5/5/2013 11:52:58 AM, thett3 wrote:

the best thing about AP classes is being in a class with more intelligent people and getting a better education. What AP class did you take?

I disagree. There are plenty of stupid, stupid people in AP classes, and smart people who just didn't care for AP work. I'd say the distribution of intelligent people is only slightly better in AP classes. Also, the best part of them is that they look good on an application, which is all that matters in high school.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 12:01:53 PM
At 5/5/2013 11:58:46 AM, 000ike wrote:

I disagree. There are plenty of stupid, stupid people in AP classes, and smart people who just didn't care for AP work.

Agreed 100%, but dude have you been in a regular class? Far worse from my experience

I'd say the distribution of intelligent people is only slightly better in AP classes. Also, the best part of them is that they look good on an application, which is all that matters in high school.

This is a good point if a bit unfortunate. No APs or IBs looks really bad on a college ap
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 12:05:44 PM
At 5/5/2013 12:01:53 PM, thett3 wrote:

I disagree. There are plenty of stupid, stupid people in AP classes, and smart people who just didn't care for AP work.

Agreed 100%, but dude have you been in a regular class? Far worse from my experience

I'd say the distribution of intelligent people is only slightly better in AP classes. Also, the best part of them is that they look good on an application, which is all that matters in high school.

This is a good point if a bit unfortunate. No APs or IBs looks really bad on a college ap

How does the difficulty level of AP compare to that of normal classes?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 12:06:29 PM

How can an AP look bad on a college app? It's like a prerequisite to even being considered for admission. Princeton isn't going to accept somebody who took the lowest level classes his school offered and Got As over someone who took the highest level classes and got As.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 12:07:35 PM
At 5/5/2013 12:06:29 PM, 000ike wrote:

How can an AP look bad on a college app? It's like a prerequisite to even being considered for admission. Princeton isn't going to accept somebody who took the lowest level classes his school offered and Got As over someone who took the highest level classes and got As.

She meant that having taken no AP or IB classes looks bad on one's application.