Jump to topic:

Elementary School Tests Are Hard

grant61712
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 3:21:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Its bad enough that kids have to rush past their school year and are based on a simple test if they fail or pass but now the test are getting harder.
Is it fair to the kids?
The Junior With Problems
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 10:20:12 PM
Elementary school tests are easy as fvck. In social studies, all you do is memorize dates. In science, you learn the most basic of basic fundamentals that an intelligent chimpanzee could learn it. In math.... well, if you fail elementary math, then you're a retard. We're left with english, in which your grade mainly consists of essays- not tests (in elementary school). Although I do have to admit that english is probably the most challenging because I've never seen a person get taught how to write an excellent essay- it's either an innate ability or it isn't.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 10:21:48 PM
Btw, I seriously hope you mean elementary as in 1-9, not 1-6. If you think 1-6 is hard, then you have larger problems than worrying about tests. Then again, grades 7-9 aren't exactly rocket science either.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
grant61712
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 6:03:40 PM
For grades 1-5, the tests are getting harder. The children are forced to encounter topics that they wont be seeing until middle school. My younger brother is in 3rd grade and he's learning math that I haven't seen until the end of 6th grade. That's not fair to the kids. These tests aren't creating a smarter generation of kids.. they are making a dumber one.
The Junior With Problems
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 1:25:02 PM
In international tests, the U.S. scores very well on elementary school education, while falling way behind in the upper grades. So whatever they are doing seems to be working.

If the tests are hard, why it that unfair? Is it unfair to have a hard test to become a physician or plumber or truck driver? The evidence for elementary school tests being too hard would have to be that too few children are advancing to higher grades. In recent years, the theory of social advancement has been pushing too many, not too few.