Jump to topic:

AP classes

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 8:48:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What AP classes if any did you take in High School? I took AP World History, US History, European History, Statistics, English Lit, English Lang, Psychology, Government, and Economics.

What did you think of the classes/tests you took? Which were easiest and hardest? I would say Psychology or Stats were the easiest, and Euro the hardest class wise.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 8:56:45 PM
I just took the AP World History test today. How would you say that class is on average?

I legally though cannot say much more.

Next year, I am taking (signed up for) AP Psychology and AP U.S. Government. I'm excited for both, because I have a passion for both areas.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:00:50 PM
At 5/16/2013 8:56:45 PM, Contra wrote:
I just took the AP World History test today. How would you say that class is on average?

It was ok. As you can see all of my AP courses except Stats and arguably econ were humanities-like courses, which I think are generally easier than the science/math ones.

Next year, I am taking (signed up for) AP Psychology and AP U.S. Government. I'm excited for both, because I have a passion for both areas.

Psych is pretty easy, I took gov Tuesday and it wasnt bad at all. The actual class on the other hand was a b!tch, but they were both really fun classes
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:02:44 PM
At 5/16/2013 8:48:31 PM, thett3 wrote:
What AP classes if any did you take in High School? I took AP World History, US History, European History, Statistics, English Lit, English Lang, Psychology, Government, and Microeconomics.

What did you think of the classes/tests you took? Which were easiest and hardest? I would say Psychology or Stats were the easiest, and Euro the hardest class wise.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:09:19 PM
So did AP Gov just have a lot of homework, or essays, what? Do you ever get to discuss your own opinions, or only subtlety, which is what I expect? Though I'm taking this class over the internet because my teacher retired.

And hey Thett, do you still think I'm an elitist arrogant jerk in your honest opinion? If you can maybe recall...
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:11:51 PM
At 5/16/2013 9:09:19 PM, Contra wrote:
So did AP Gov just have a lot of homework, or essays, what? Do you ever get to discuss your own opinions, or only subtlety, which is what I expect? Though I'm taking this class over the internet because my teacher retired.

Lots of homework and essays (we called them essays but really they were FRQs.), incredibly hard tests and quizzes. We were really well prepared though, our teacher has a Ph.D and also teaches at a college (and a pretty good one at that). And yea we got to debate things all the time :) and one of the grades was to go volunteer for a presidential campaign

And hey Thett, do you still think I'm an elitist arrogant jerk in your honest opinion? If you can maybe recall...

If Isaid that in the past i take it back
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:15:14 PM
At 5/16/2013 9:11:51 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 5/16/2013 9:09:19 PM, Contra wrote:

Lots of homework and essays (we called them essays but really they were FRQs.), incredibly hard tests and quizzes. We were really well prepared though, our teacher has a Ph.D and also teaches at a college (and a pretty good one at that). And yea we got to debate things all the time :) and one of the grades was to go volunteer for a presidential campaign

That sounds like a lot fun actually. I tried volunteering for a Congressman in my area, but the state of Michigan passed a law that prohibits Congressmen from having volunteers, unless they are interns (and they were already full).

If Isaid that in the past i take it back

Ok, I hope I don't come off that way.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:19:01 PM

weren't the questions really stupid?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:21:37 PM
so far I've taken APUSH, WHAP and Lang & Comp. Next year I'll be taking Stats, Calc, Gov., and Bio.

But to be honest, my APUSH class is the only one I consider worthwhile in content. Lang comp is some of the most useless information imaginable and whap was just flat out stupid, and I'm not sure how else to describe it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:23:10 PM
At 5/16/2013 9:21:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
so far I've taken APUSH, WHAP and Lang & Comp. Next year I'll be taking Stats, Calc, Gov., and Bio.

But to be honest, my APUSH class is the only one I consider worthwhile in content. Lang comp is some of the most useless information imaginable and whap was just flat out stupid, and I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Lol in lang all we did was talk with the teacher. Literally, every day. Other than reading some very good books and learning vocab
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:30:51 PM
It's too bad they arent sending scores in the mail anymore, that ruled. Last year when I they came I was in Austin and my mom texted me:

"Oh I forgot to tell you, you got a letter from college board three days ago"
Me:"Well what did I get?????"
Mom: "Oh, I dont know I didnt open it."
Me:"OPEN IT"

*mom doesnt text back for 45 minutes*

fun stuff
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 10:55:38 PM
How's AP Chem?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 11:01:55 PM
Oh god....

Uhhh....I took APUSH, AP English III, AP Stats, and AP Environmental Sciences. That's not counting Pre-AP classes.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 11:04:23 PM
I only ever took the APUSH and AP English III tests. I didn't learn enough from AP Stats or AP Environemtnal Science to actually pass the tests.

If you're looking for an AP Math class that will push your skills and really make you work hard and learn a lot, DON'T take stats. I swear to god it's the biggest blow off AP class I've ever had.

Actually, take that back. APES is the biggest blow-off AP class ever, but that's just because my teacher insists on showing us documentaries all the time and the rest of the time just hands us study guides (to which she posts the answers online, then takes it for a grade after a few weeks).
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 11:22:11 PM
I took Calculus 1 and 2, English Literature, US History, Art History, Music Theory, US Government, Macroeconomics, and Spanish Literature. I thought the hardest was by far Art History.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 11:23:57 PM
English Literature and Spanish Literature are probably the easiest, you can get a 5 without even taking the class if you're a decent writer/reader in either language.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 11:28:05 PM
btw Art History is worth taking even if it's the hardest because you'll most likely end up getting college credit for 2 classes, Art History 1 and Art History 2. Something like 99% of colleges split the Art History sequence into two classes, and the AP test covers both parts of the survey.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 3:11:09 AM
I attended predominantly "regular" classes throughout my schooling, yet I did endure the sluggish pace of several remedial english and science classes. However, I commend those of you who possess the requisite diligence and wit to excel in advanced placement courses.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
x2MuzioPlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 11:06:32 AM
Um, let's see: US History, World History, Lang&Comp, Lit&Comp, Physics, Chemistry, BC Calculus, Statistics, Psychology, and Biology. I think that's it. I'd have to say AP Psychology was the easiest, although AP Statistics is right up there with it. The hardest I'd have to say was probably AP World History. Dat FRQ for the AP test... How was I supposed to know the cultural and political influence of the introduction of cricket to India in the late 1800s and early 1900s? I much preferred the AP Chemistry test... at least that one was manageable.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 11:17:22 AM
Took Euro, Stats.

Going to take APUSH, Chem, Computer, Calc BC.

Then going to take Physics C. Maybe more but haven't decided yet.
0x5f3759df
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 11:55:07 AM
At 5/18/2013 11:06:32 AM, x2MuzioPlayer wrote:
Um, let's see: US History, World History, Lang&Comp, Lit&Comp, Physics, Chemistry, BC Calculus, Statistics, Psychology, and Biology. I think that's it. I'd have to say AP Psychology was the easiest, although AP Statistics is right up there with it. The hardest I'd have to say was probably AP World History. Dat FRQ for the AP test... How was I supposed to know the cultural and political influence of the introduction of cricket to India in the late 1800s and early 1900s? I much preferred the AP Chemistry test... at least that one was manageable.

The DBQ (you mean) was the easiest essay to BS out of every essay I've ever taken. You kind of just parrot what the documents say, but do it such that it sounds like you know what you're talking about.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:01:09 PM

Lol I heard about that prompt. It can't get worse than that xD
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:03:51 PM
At 5/16/2013 9:19:01 PM, 000ike wrote:

Most of them were not how I expected. There was a lot of reading involved.

I excelled on the free response questions though, at least two of the three.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:13:13 PM
At 5/18/2013 12:03:51 PM, Contra wrote:

Yeah, I hated that we had to read so much - and their questions barely covered a 1/5 of world history.

What did you compare for the 3rd essay? I did Japan and China.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:17:21 PM
At 5/18/2013 12:13:13 PM, 000ike wrote:

Yeah, I hated that we had to read so much - and their questions barely covered a 1/5 of world history.

It has been over 48 hours. I used Russia.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:19:50 PM
At 5/18/2013 12:17:21 PM, Contra wrote:

Lol you know nobody follows those rules right?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:29:27 PM
At 5/18/2013 12:19:50 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 5/18/2013 12:17:21 PM, Contra wrote:

Lol you know nobody follows those rules right?

Yeah. I'm just paranoid.

On a separate topic, I was viciously attacked by a dog about a year ago, when I was running. The hospital wouldn't treat me, because they didn't accept my HMO. So yeah, I was bleeding and injured and they wouldn't treat me. The inhumanity.

x2MuzioPlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:45:55 PM
At 5/18/2013 11:55:07 AM, 000ike wrote:

The DBQ (you mean) was the easiest essay to BS out of every essay I've ever taken. You kind of just parrot what the documents say, but do it such that it sounds like you know what you're talking about.

(Right, DBQ) That's true to an extent, but it's very difficult to get those last two or three points by parroting the documents. I would have preferred a DBQ on just about anything else. It may have been the "dafuq?" reaction more than anything.
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 12:04:39 PM

That dbq was a freak. The year before was the green revolution, and this year it was imperialism, so it is hard to judge from year to year.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush