Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Hey...

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I have just scanned through some of the forums and thought what is the point?

I do not want eveything in return. One person has their view, and another has theirs. What has happened, I ask genuinely, where did it go wrong? One believes in God another does not, another is a Christian another is an atheist, another is a hetrosexual another is a homosexual. One person says fornication is fine another says it isn't, another says drunkenness is fine another says it isn't. One believe in evolution and another does not, one believes in no life after death another does.

Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:29:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have just scanned through some of the forums and thought what is the point?

I do not want eveything in return. One person has their view, and another has theirs. What has happened, I ask genuinely, where did it go wrong? One believes in God another does not, another is a Christian another is an atheist, another is a hetrosexual another is a homosexual. One person says fornication is fine another says it isn't, another says drunkenness is fine another says it isn't. One believe in evolution and another does not, one believes in no life after death another does.

Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

What's wrong with differences in opinion, especially on a debate website?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:37:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:29:48 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
What's wrong with differences in opinion, especially on a debate website?

They don't agree with him.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:37:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

"There is no teacher, no pupil, there is no leader, there's no guru, there's no master, no savior. You yourself are the teacher, the pupil, the master, the guru, you are the leader. You are everything." - Krishnamurti

"One has to be light to oneself, and you cannot possibly depend on anyone. You cannot have light from another. It cannot be lit by whoever it is, by God or by saviors and Buddhas. It cannot be handed down to another. One has to be totally, completely, a light to oneself." - Krishnamurti

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/29/2009 4:29:48 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have just scanned through some of the forums and thought what is the point?

I do not want eveything in return. One person has their view, and another has theirs. What has happened, I ask genuinely, where did it go wrong? One believes in God another does not, another is a Christian another is an atheist, another is a hetrosexual another is a homosexual. One person says fornication is fine another says it isn't, another says drunkenness is fine another says it isn't. One believe in evolution and another does not, one believes in no life after death another does.

Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

What's wrong with differences in opinion, especially on a debate website?


I don't know? Isn't there something wrong? Look, the site debate.org was set up because of our differences, our differences demanded this site. The site did not demand us, it was here as a net so that we may argue in silence.

My point is, does anyone care? Who could care enough for our points of view, go do something that will make a difference, that too would end up on here. Is it out of interest we debate, is it the fact of debating that we like, or to really undertsand others and their views? Who will change first? Me or you or that person over there?

Where does the point come where your debating counts for something? You have your views I am mine, is that it? If it is, what is the point?
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:42:47 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/29/2009 4:37:11 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

"There is no teacher, no pupil, there is no leader, there's no guru, there's no master, no savior. You yourself are the teacher, the pupil, the master, the guru, you are the leader. You are everything." - Krishnamurti

"One has to be light to oneself, and you cannot possibly depend on anyone. You cannot have light from another. It cannot be lit by whoever it is, by God or by saviors and Buddhas. It cannot be handed down to another. One has to be totally, completely, a light to oneself." - Krishnamurti


.

Then let that happen!
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:44:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 4:29:48 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have just scanned through some of the forums and thought what is the point?

I do not want eveything in return. One person has their view, and another has theirs. What has happened, I ask genuinely, where did it go wrong? One believes in God another does not, another is a Christian another is an atheist, another is a hetrosexual another is a homosexual. One person says fornication is fine another says it isn't, another says drunkenness is fine another says it isn't. One believe in evolution and another does not, one believes in no life after death another does.

Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

What's wrong with differences in opinion, especially on a debate website?


I don't know? Isn't there something wrong? Look, the site debate.org was set up because of our differences, our differences demanded this site. The site did not demand us, it was here as a net so that we may argue in silence.

My point is, does anyone care? Who could care enough for our points of view, go do something that will make a difference, that too would end up on here. Is it out of interest we debate, is it the fact of debating that we like, or to really undertsand others and their views? Who will change first? Me or you or that person over there?

Where does the point come where your debating counts for something? You have your views I am mine, is that it? If it is, what is the point?

Well, in the grand scheme of things, nothing really matters.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:46:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 4:29:48 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have just scanned through some of the forums and thought what is the point?

I do not want eveything in return. One person has their view, and another has theirs. What has happened, I ask genuinely, where did it go wrong? One believes in God another does not, another is a Christian another is an atheist, another is a hetrosexual another is a homosexual. One person says fornication is fine another says it isn't, another says drunkenness is fine another says it isn't. One believe in evolution and another does not, one believes in no life after death another does.

Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

What's wrong with differences in opinion, especially on a debate website?


I don't know? Isn't there something wrong? Look, the site debate.org was set up because of our differences, our differences demanded this site. The site did not demand us, it was here as a net so that we may argue in silence.

My point is, does anyone care? Who could care enough for our points of view, go do something that will make a difference, that too would end up on here. Is it out of interest we debate, is it the fact of debating that we like, or to really undertsand others and their views? Who will change first? Me or you or that person over there?

Where does the point come where your debating counts for something? You have your views I am mine, is that it? If it is, what is the point?

This website has changed my views and opinions on a lot of things, and allowed me to learn things I was previously ignorant about or didn't care about. If you opened your mind a little, you'd have changed your opinion on many things by now but you refuse to do so.

Take my most recent attempt to teach you something simple... that under any reliable definition of the word "religion", Christianity is a religion. You have refused to budge and inch, and I actually believe you've refused to read my posts in their entirety or even attempt to understand the truth of the matter. You've also refused to accept my debate on the subject.

This site can and does change opinions, but you have to be willing to learn.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:48:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
Look, the site debate.org was set up because of our differences, our differences demanded this site. The site did not demand us, it was here as a net so that we may argue in silence.

Oh that's rich
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:50:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/29/2009 4:44:33 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 4:29:48 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have just scanned through some of the forums and thought what is the point?

I do not want eveything in return. One person has their view, and another has theirs. What has happened, I ask genuinely, where did it go wrong? One believes in God another does not, another is a Christian another is an atheist, another is a hetrosexual another is a homosexual. One person says fornication is fine another says it isn't, another says drunkenness is fine another says it isn't. One believe in evolution and another does not, one believes in no life after death another does.

Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

What's wrong with differences in opinion, especially on a debate website?


I don't know? Isn't there something wrong? Look, the site debate.org was set up because of our differences, our differences demanded this site. The site did not demand us, it was here as a net so that we may argue in silence.

My point is, does anyone care? Who could care enough for our points of view, go do something that will make a difference, that too would end up on here. Is it out of interest we debate, is it the fact of debating that we like, or to really undertsand others and their views? Who will change first? Me or you or that person over there?

Where does the point come where your debating counts for something? You have your views I am mine, is that it? If it is, what is the point?

Well, in the grand scheme of things, nothing really matters.


Why don't our views matter? Because you can say that, maybe they are worth everything to us, why not? You could say, "Everything matters." In stead of, "Nothing matters." Because you can say either, both matter or both do not matter. One is true.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:52:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Because you can say either, both matter or both do not matter. One is true.

False dichotomy.... perhaps some things matter and some don't.

All of this is obviously very subjective anyway... things that matter to me don't matter to some others and vice-versa.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:56:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/29/2009 4:52:36 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Because you can say either, both matter or both do not matter. One is true.

False dichotomy.... perhaps some things matter and some don't.

All of this is obviously very subjective anyway... things that matter to me don't matter to some others and vice-versa.


You missed the point, because things matter to you and not to others, maybe nothing matters, or everything matters.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:02:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/29/2009 4:46:17 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 4:29:48 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have just scanned through some of the forums and thought what is the point?

I do not want eveything in return. One person has their view, and another has theirs. What has happened, I ask genuinely, where did it go wrong? One believes in God another does not, another is a Christian another is an atheist, another is a hetrosexual another is a homosexual. One person says fornication is fine another says it isn't, another says drunkenness is fine another says it isn't. One believe in evolution and another does not, one believes in no life after death another does.

Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

What's wrong with differences in opinion, especially on a debate website?


I don't know? Isn't there something wrong? Look, the site debate.org was set up because of our differences, our differences demanded this site. The site did not demand us, it was here as a net so that we may argue in silence.

My point is, does anyone care? Who could care enough for our points of view, go do something that will make a difference, that too would end up on here. Is it out of interest we debate, is it the fact of debating that we like, or to really undertsand others and their views? Who will change first? Me or you or that person over there?

Where does the point come where your debating counts for something? You have your views I am mine, is that it? If it is, what is the point?

This website has changed my views and opinions on a lot of things, and allowed me to learn things I was previously ignorant about or didn't care about. If you opened your mind a little, you'd have changed your opinion on many things by now but you refuse to do so.

Take my most recent attempt to teach you something simple... that under any reliable definition of the word "religion", Christianity is a religion. You have refused to budge and inch, and I actually believe you've refused to read my posts in their entirety or even attempt to understand the truth of the matter. You've also refused to accept my debate on the subject.

This site can and does change opinions, but you have to be willing to learn.


I am not talking od arrogance or ignorance, of things that you may misunderstand or have a lack of, but of beliefs and views which cannot be change with correction. Where did I say to begin with, "One person says 14+7=21 and another says 14+7=22."?
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:03:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Sig update
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:07:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:56:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 4:52:36 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Because you can say either, both matter or both do not matter. One is true.

False dichotomy.... perhaps some things matter and some don't.

All of this is obviously very subjective anyway... things that matter to me don't matter to some others and vice-versa.


You missed the point, because things matter to you and not to others, maybe nothing matters, or everything matters.

No, I think you missed the point. The word "matters" is subjective to each person. Something can not objectively matter. If you want to talk about either nothing, everything or some things "mattering", you'll have to specify who you're talking about them mattering to.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:09:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I am not talking od arrogance or ignorance, of things that you may misunderstand or have a lack of, but of beliefs and views which cannot be change with correction.

Ok, but there are some things which are correct and true no matter what individuals choose to believe, such as the definition of words like "religion." Just because I believe the word "religion" to mean "a large donkey", that doesn't make it so.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:09:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 5:08:03 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 5:03:50 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Sig update

I also said 14+7=21. So why have you said I think 14+7=22?

For a lol I would presume.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:10:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:46:17 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 4:29:48 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:27:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have just scanned through some of the forums and thought what is the point?

I do not want eveything in return. One person has their view, and another has theirs. What has happened, I ask genuinely, where did it go wrong? One believes in God another does not, another is a Christian another is an atheist, another is a hetrosexual another is a homosexual. One person says fornication is fine another says it isn't, another says drunkenness is fine another says it isn't. One believe in evolution and another does not, one believes in no life after death another does.

Who can help us, will these differences go on forever? Who can help? Our selves or someone else?

What's wrong with differences in opinion, especially on a debate website?


I don't know? Isn't there something wrong? Look, the site debate.org was set up because of our differences, our differences demanded this site. The site did not demand us, it was here as a net so that we may argue in silence.

My point is, does anyone care? Who could care enough for our points of view, go do something that will make a difference, that too would end up on here. Is it out of interest we debate, is it the fact of debating that we like, or to really undertsand others and their views? Who will change first? Me or you or that person over there?

Where does the point come where your debating counts for something? You have your views I am mine, is that it? If it is, what is the point?

This website has changed my views and opinions on a lot of things, and allowed me to learn things I was previously ignorant about or didn't care about. If you opened your mind a little, you'd have changed your opinion on many things by now but you refuse to do so.

Take my most recent attempt to teach you something simple... that under any reliable definition of the word "religion", Christianity is a religion. You have refused to budge and inch, and I actually believe you've refused to read my posts in their entirety or even attempt to understand the truth of the matter. You've also refused to accept my debate on the subject.

This site can and does change opinions, but you have to be willing to learn.

Me too.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:11:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
Where does the point come where your debating counts for something? You have your views I am mine, is that it? If it is, what is the point?

It comes from being aware of what other people think. It has to do with communication, being open-minded, of using reason and logic to understand others, and to possibly change our opinions based on what other people think.

Debate.org is like a giant potluck, where everyone brings in a platter of food to share, and everyone who participates gets a taste of home-made cooking they wouldn't have been able to experience in any other way, discovering new foods they like, new foods they dislike, trading tips on how to improve their dishes, etc.

For you, what do you have? You're just alone, eating the same meal over and over and over. It's the only thing you've ever eaten, and it's the only thing you will ever eat. You lie to yourself and say that your food is the best, but that's just an excuse.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:12:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/29/2009 5:07:14 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:56:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 4:52:36 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Because you can say either, both matter or both do not matter. One is true.

False dichotomy.... perhaps some things matter and some don't.

All of this is obviously very subjective anyway... things that matter to me don't matter to some others and vice-versa.


You missed the point, because things matter to you and not to others, maybe nothing matters, or everything matters.

No, I think you missed the point. The word "matters" is subjective to each person. Something can not objectively matter. If you want to talk about either nothing, everything or some things "mattering", you'll have to specify who you're talking about them mattering to.


Who are you, everyone or just your self? If you are everyone then I would guess you know what you talk of, if you are only your self then I would guess you do not know what you speak of?

Different things matter to different people, I agree, but why? It is because nothing matters objectively or because everything matter objectively?
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:14:40 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
No, I think you missed the point. The word "matters" is subjective to each person. Something can not objectively matter. If you want to talk about either nothing, everything or some things "mattering", you'll have to specify who you're talking about them mattering to.

Different things matter to different people, I agree, but why? It is because nothing matters objectively or because everything matter objectively?

It is because nothing objectively matters, as I've said above.

We have to watch our wording here though. You have said that "nothing matters objectively", and that's true. It's not true that "objectively, nothing matters".
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:17:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
We need to compile a list of concepts that GodSands is incapable of understanding:

1. Subjectivity and Objectivity
2. The Equivocation Fallacy
3. The definition of Religion
4. Spelling and Grammar
5. The exchange of ideas
6. Logical Arguments
etc.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:30:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/29/2009 5:11:00 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:41:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
Where does the point come where your debating counts for something? You have your views I am mine, is that it? If it is, what is the point?

It comes from being aware of what other people think. It has to do with communication, being open-minded, of using reason and logic to understand others, and to possibly change our opinions based on what other people think.

Debate.org is like a giant potluck, where everyone brings in a platter of food to share, and everyone who participates gets a taste of home-made cooking they wouldn't have been able to experience in any other way, discovering new foods they like, new foods they dislike, trading tips on how to improve their dishes, etc.

For you, what do you have? You're just alone, eating the same meal over and over and over. It's the only thing you've ever eaten, and it's the only thing you will ever eat. You lie to yourself and say that your food is the best, but that's just an excuse.


Maybe I do, but just as equally maybe I don't? In our own ways doesn't everyone do that, stick to what they think is right, to the same food, isn't that what makes them who they are? We take pieces of food from others and put it on our main dish, if we like it, it will be a side dish, if we don't we will spit it out. But who we are will always be the same, our main dish will always be the same. Isn't that so, that Josh Crisp (me) a believer in God? If you were to change me, you would have to grab my comfortable, familiar dish and throw it away, I will start to believe in something else that suits the new me or something that the new me suits. Maybe that is athism or Islam?

Maybe something new, or out dated? How does one take away anothers belief and places their belief in front of them, and say, "Believe that this is healthy, and it will become healthy." Do you sit aside a participate a little so they see your humble side and want to be humble like you, or do you break apart their belief by persaution and through testing them?

Where are beliefs stored, in the mind, in the brain in the soul, in the heart, the inner being of a person? When I bring up my views people will say, "They are false." Or, "They are right." But they are either right or false, they cannot be neither or both, but what was Jesus Christ about? Doesn't humbleness lead to greatness? Have I just contridicted my self?
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:36:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: It is because nothing objectively matters, as I've said above.

But eqally couldn't it be because everything either matters or doesn't matter. I agree what you are saying and understand you, but do you understand me?
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:46:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 5:36:21 PM, GodSands wrote:
: It is because nothing objectively matters, as I've said above.

But eqally couldn't it be because everything either matters or doesn't matter. I agree what you are saying and understand you, but do you understand me?

I do understand what you're getting at, but I disagree. Again, there is no objective standard by which we can say "everything matters" or "nothing matters". It is up to each individual to decide what matters to them.

Once again, I'm not saying that "objectively speaking, nothing matters", I'm saying that "nothing matters in an objective way", if you get the distinction?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 5:50:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 11/29/2009 5:46:07 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/29/2009 5:36:21 PM, GodSands wrote:
: It is because nothing objectively matters, as I've said above.

But eqally couldn't it be because everything either matters or doesn't matter. I agree what you are saying and understand you, but do you understand me?

I do understand what you're getting at, but I disagree. Again, there is no objective standard by which we can say "everything matters" or "nothing matters". It is up to each individual to decide what matters to them.

Once again, I'm not saying that "objectively speaking, nothing matters", I'm saying that "nothing matters in an objective way", if you get the distinction?


But because of the very fact that we cannot decide what really matters and what doesn't, dispite if we can know what matters or does not matter, that is beside the point.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 6:01:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 5:50:10 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 11/29/2009 5:46:07 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/29/2009 5:36:21 PM, GodSands wrote:
: It is because nothing objectively matters, as I've said above.

But eqally couldn't it be because everything either matters or doesn't matter. I agree what you are saying and understand you, but do you understand me?

I do understand what you're getting at, but I disagree. Again, there is no objective standard by which we can say "everything matters" or "nothing matters". It is up to each individual to decide what matters to them.

Once again, I'm not saying that "objectively speaking, nothing matters", I'm saying that "nothing matters in an objective way", if you get the distinction?


But because of the very fact that we cannot decide what really matters and what doesn't, dispite if we can know what matters or does not matter, that is beside the point.

I don't get what you're saying here mate. We CAN decide what really matters and what doesn't, but only to ourselves.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 6:07:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
To our selves we can, overall we cannot, it is impossible without God, but who cares if God exists? Isn't that also what matters to some people?

We are either God our selves, and what matters to our selves is all that matters, even if we think what other people think matter, that matters to us. The fact that things matter to others, matter to us. Is that clear?

Or there is a God where all things matter to Him, and we are apart of that matter because we have matters. Why would there be matters if all was good and well?
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 6:19:26 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 6:07:17 PM, GodSands wrote:
To our selves we can, overall we cannot,

Exactly, there is no way of saying something OBJECTIVELY matters.

it is impossible without God, but who cares if God exists? Isn't that also what matters to some people?

Yes, it matters to those who believe he exists, to those who don't it doesn't matter at all.

We are either God our selves, and what matters to our selves is all that matters, even if we think what other people think matter, that matters to us. The fact that things matter to others, matter to us. Is that clear?

Not really to be honest.

Or there is a God where all things matter to Him, and we are apart of that matter because we have matters. Why would there be matters if all was good and well?

I think you're looking far too much into this whole "what matters" business man.

Consider this:

I enjoy video games. My friend doesn't.
I read a review of a new video game and the review says it sucks. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, but now that I've read the reviews I'm let down. The negative reviews and the situation in general MATTERS to me.
I tell my friend that the latest game is apparently no good, and because he doesn't enjoy playing video games, he responds that "it doesn't matter".

So, who's right and who's wrong? Does it matter or doesn't it? The only logical conclusion is that it matters to me, but doesn't matter to him. That's it, we don't need to bring God into it or an objective standard for the word "matter"... what matters to each person is due to their interests, their needs and wants, their situations, their expectations, etc.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5