Jump to topic:

Questions for GodSands

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2009 10:14:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Alright GodSands, I like your message, which is to believe in God. However, you want the Atheists to respond to your question regarding belief in God, which is why they don't believe in Him. Let me ask, why don't you become open-minded and tell me why I should believe in the Bible? It's so absurd that you call Atheists to Christianity, but you come with no reason to choose the Bible over any other monotheistic religious book. Why is the Bible correct?
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2009 10:21:26 AM
"Because God said so and all other Gods are false."
There, I saved him the trouble of posting.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 6:09:58 PM
At 12/16/2009 11:28:59 AM, omelet wrote:
inb4 because the bible has jeezus

Haha. So does the Qur'an. But seriously though, I would love to hear Godsand's reasoning behind this stuff.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 9:27:42 PM
Obviously because Jesus was the original. He's like the mountain dew, Mohammed is like Mellow Yellow. Weaker and unoriginal.

Plus I'd like to know why Muslims believe Jesus was a godly man. He claimed to be the son of God. If he isn't he's a liar, and certainly not godly.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2010 1:46:51 PM
At 1/2/2010 9:27:42 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Obviously because Jesus was the original. He's like the mountain dew, Mohammed is like Mellow Yellow. Weaker and unoriginal.
This makes no sense. In which way were they different in terms of behavior and their religion?

Plus I'd like to know why Muslims believe Jesus was a godly man. He claimed to be the son of God. If he isn't he's a liar, and certainly not godly.
We believe he was one of the greatest prophets, but nothing divine. He also never claimed to be the son of God, nor God himself. Just because your interpretation of the Bible says so, doesn't make it right.

This is what Jesus said:

"When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him -- this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!"
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 1:38:46 AM
At 1/8/2010 1:46:51 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 1/2/2010 9:27:42 PM, johngriswald wrote:
This makes no sense. In which way were they different in terms of behavior and their religion?

Jesus was a pacifist, Mohammed was a warlord.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 6:48:12 AM
At 1/8/2010 1:46:51 PM, Mirza wrote:
Jesus Came first. Thats all there is to it.

Furthermore, when you look at the fact that the Quran is utterly void of miracles, where the New testament is chalked full of it, thats the difference.

We believe he was one of the greatest prophets, but nothing divine. He also never claimed to be the son of God, nor God himself. Just because your interpretation of the Bible says so, doesn't make it right.

Ever read the epistles of paul?

This is what Jesus said:

"When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him -- this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!"

Christians, or rather Godsands, would say, why would Jesus want you to obey him, and not God? Clearly, because Jesus WAS God! Easy as that, mate.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 6:50:24 AM
And also, what cerebral said. Muhammad was a warlord, he waged many wars and tried to unite fellow tribes under a banner of war. Jesus never raised an army and never wanted an army. He never raised a sword or a hand for that matter. infact his answer to violence was "Okay, youve hit me on the cheek once. Do you want me to turn my face so that you can hit my other cheek?"