Is college superior to self-learning?

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 8:31:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
>implying there's a difference

I was homeschooled and I was still astounded at how much I had to teach myself when I got to college. College doesn't teach you what you need to know, it teaches you how to learn it. Graduate school even more so than undergrad.
demy910
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 8:56:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I believe that college is always superior for self learning, specially if you are studying in an online college. Online education creates self learning abilities in the college students that make them self-motivated and confident in future.
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 8:13:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Self-learning is superior in real terms, but an employer will not assume, on the basis of your lack of a degree, that you are self-learned. He will assume that you are too stupid to get through college.
SunainaRoy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 2:51:56 AM
I believe that college learning and self learning goes hand in hand. One is always in the phase of learning no matter what his age is. College learning is better because they have formalized practices and they have the expertise of professional. http://www.iao.org... is a global practice to enhance quality education and colleges must follow it to improve their learning environment.
DAC-design
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 11:45:10 AM
I think it depends on what you want to learn
Out of the top 100 UK millionaires only 1 has higher education.
Education tends to teach people to be employees mainly because it is set up and run by employers.
kiryasjoelvillage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 3:37:58 AM
At 11/12/2013 8:56:38 AM, demy910 wrote:
I believe that college is always superior for self learning, specially if you are studying in an online college. Online education creates self learning abilities in the college students that make them self-motivated and confident in future.
Hi
College is definitely more superior than self learning as you learn to be confident,smart and adjust with a lot people.Education which is taught at college is more higher than a normal learning.
katt.pr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 12:02:21 AM
Self learning has now taken the shape of online learning. I have been reading a post few days back shared by http://bit.ly... that discussed the impact of online learning. They concluded that the productivity and work efficiency of employees have been proved due to the inclusion of online mode of learning. Further they also shared an analysis according to which around 4 million students now take at least one online course each semester. It is the fact that it can never replace the physical mode of learning but it"s a good option for working adults.
katty
DB9KIT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 5:09:28 PM
I personally think this is contingent. It doesn't apply to every student. For typical"or average"students, college seems superior, I guess. But for those with high IQ scores or who are relatively fast-paced learners, I would say they'd better go for self-learning. They might feel getting to college almost every day is a boring affair as there is no point in sitting in class for weeks to learn a subject even if they can learn all stuff in a matter of hours. To them, college might be a waste of time.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:57:32 PM
Self learning is better. School is crap. I've had to relearn so much, because idiot teachers taught me that Columbus thought the Earth was flat, Edison invented the lightbulb, the south was the bad guys in the civil war etc.
AnthonyMatthews
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 5:17:26 AM
Well I believe that in all sorts of learning, self learning is involved. Every student has to study and understand on his own whether he is studying in a college or online. Online education is more empowering and demands more self study. Online institutes like http://www.cob.ac... offer various professional courses which I believe offer far more superior and premium education than any ordinary traditional college.