Jump to topic:

Is college tuition too high?

TheJesusParadox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 5:25:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is a group starting on Facebook called lowertuition geared towards making college more affordable. It hopes to do this by starting protests at colleges across the nation.
What does everyone think is college: too high, too low or just right?

Here is an article about the effectiveness of student movements and strategy. http://mobilizingideas.wordpress.com...
johnsonbalke
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2013 12:56:50 AM
Yes to some extent the fees nowadays being offered by colleges are too high for many students to afford. Being an online educational counselor I come across many stats and numbers and every year they keep rising especially for business management subjects. It is due to this that I advise many students to enroll in courses that are offered to them online

http://www.woodbridgeuniversity.com...
miketheman1200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2013 8:51:37 PM
College's can jack up the tuition as long as they know students will in-debt themselves to pay for it. As soon as we find a way to reduce the availability of student loans, the sooner colleges will lower their tuition rates so that they can actually get students to come.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 8:25:27 PM
Tuition itself is okay. It's when you add on all the various fees (which added up to almost twice my tuition) and books that I wonder why I even bother.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 8:42:37 PM
Yes.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
jhops400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 3:20:55 AM
no wonder the rates are flying high due to inflation in today's world but there are still places where we can save and be more efficient like talking in terms of education online colleges and universities are providing online courses and degrees at best reasonable rates so that students cannot quit studying because of any such factor. http://www.universaldegrees.com...
SCHUMAN8R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 9:43:32 PM
In America this is a huge problem. So many college kids can't pay their loans off after they graduate. The college system in general seems to be failing because thousands of graduates can't seem to get jobs in their field.
Can't touch this!
SloppyJoe6412
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 1:08:00 PM
For purely educational purposes you bet it's too high.

But colleges are businesses. So as long as they can attract more new recruits than those who drop off because they can't pay, they'll keep hiking tuition.

Market logic at its cruelest.
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 7:33:42 PM
Yea my dad was telling me how in the 80's he went to college and stayed on campus for four years on about 20k. To do that at the college I'm attending is roughly double that, without staying on campus.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 9:31:15 PM
College tuition isn't high enough. More people need to go into more debt to ensure that only the one percent of society can ever be prosperous and to ensue that all those not born into opulent material wealth will renin indentured servants their entire lives.
Tsar of DDO