Jump to topic:

Exchange student

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2013 8:31:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Anybody on here currently an exchange student? My daughter went to India and we have a girl from Japan at our house. Interesting to see how she reacts to everything. Took her to the Christmas boat parade here in Sarasota tonight, she was dumbfounded. Better still we watched from our boat rather from land. good times all around.
Any how, if you are an exchange student, do you like your host parents and do you have regrets getting into the exchange program? Do you like your location, do you like the school you are in?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
matthewrobins620
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 2:58:56 AM
I am a foreign exchange student and recently I transferred my college credits at ICC for my fast bachelors degree, the process is quiet simple if the college allows you to transfer it and so I did from UK to a US online university and am really content.
http://www.institutesofcollegecredits.com...
selu21st
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 7:08:32 AM
At 12/14/2013 8:31:28 PM, sadolite wrote:
Anybody on here currently an exchange student? My daughter went to India and we have a girl from Japan at our house. Interesting to see how she reacts to everything. Took her to the Christmas boat parade here in Sarasota tonight, she was dumbfounded. Better still we watched from our boat rather from land. good times all around.
Any how, if you are an exchange student, do you like your host parents and do you have regrets getting into the exchange program? Do you like your location, do you like the school you are in?
My son went to Germany for a year at 16-17. He was with 1 family for a month of intensive language, then 1 family that didn't work out, but the program is 50 years old, & they are very experienced & professional & everything was taken care of with good results. His last family is his German family-he was there for 7 months. They are coming to visit us in April, including his German brother. He liked his location, & they did lots of things outdoors & in surrounding cities. He rode bikes & took public transportation. His organization arranged three trips, I think, to bigger cities for the entire German group of students. If you don't want your kid drinking beer, or don't think they can handle it, don't send them to Germany. For my son, he's moderate, so he drank some, was mature about it, & acquired the German disdain for drinking & driving, etc. He has a healthy attitude towards that, and was spoiled on German beer-I don't think he'll be getting drunk on American. (He's older now). His school was fantastic-a gymnasium. Some of the classes he simply couldn't do much, though, like Honors German Literature. Now he probably could since he continued his studies. He got cool opportunities there for extracurricular stuff, like boxing and kayak trips for health class. It's funny the intangibles they learn & pick up. He came back with a fresh eye to tell me how to manage things more efficiently around the house, and was all about the specs on cars and high performance engines & fuel efficiency. Really! Skype was a wonderful tool to keep up with his German family, once he got back.
He has no regrets-he just misses his friends & wants to get back. His final year of high school was hard getting credits to transfer, and not all of them did. It was inexplicable & arbitrary, it seemed, but at least he graduated on time. No doubt his experiences helped him get into a fine college, and they have opened up a part of the world to him forever. I am sure he will use his language skills in his career.