Jump to topic:

"The Bible says nothing..."

Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 2:33:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was doing a multiple-choice quiz for physics, and a question came up. What the question was about is irrelevant, but it one of the choices caught me off guard.

A. No one knows. The Bible says nothing about such a situation.

I am an atheist, so this cracked me up. But I'm wondering if schools can do this or if this is insulting to anyone.
0x5f3759df
HJA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 5:57:04 AM
Psychics is a scientific discipline, so it's not just insulting, it's shambolic. I really can't understand why this sort of thing is allowed to go on.
WhoWouldnt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 6:46:21 PM
At 2/1/2014 2:33:17 PM, Bullish wrote:
I was doing a multiple-choice quiz for physics, and a question came up. What the question was about is irrelevant, but it one of the choices caught me off guard.

A. No one knows. The Bible says nothing about such a situation.

I am an atheist, so this cracked me up. But I'm wondering if schools can do this or if this is insulting to anyone.

That seems like an odd multiple choice answer that implies that if the Bible doesn't state something that it can't be known. Please tell me that it wasn't the "correct choice."
Taylur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:45:37 PM
This shouldn't be allowed in schools, especially when children are involved.

I am atheist and would find this funny, but some people would find this incredibly insulting. Depending on the age of the students, this could also be very unfair and result in a Christian pupil being marked down or even ridiculed by peers/the teacher.
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 4:15:04 PM
I'm Catholic and I actually find that hilarious. Anyway, I think the teacher should have used better judgment and withheld that choice as an answer. There are certain implications and interpretations that can made from it, and with the teacher being a role model for respecting others' beliefs, it wasn't the best idea. Just my opinion :P
zym313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 9:00:21 AM
I believe that it won't be that insulting. Religion and Science are two different aspects that don't go together. Religion basically speaks of faith which is unacceptable for science which needs proof and evidences.

That choice is for those who don't know the answer. :D LOL
I would choose that myself when faced in a difficult question. :D
OliveJuice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 4:21:30 PM
Some teachers randomly throw in an obvious incorrect choice during multiple choice tests, many of which, in my personal experience, and intended to be humorous. I am not stating that this is wrong or right, I am simply saying that it may have had less meaning than you thought. On the contrary, if you attend a public school where the majority of students are Christians and the option was correct and/or a legitimate option, that seems like a problem..
.Innocence is news to me.
OliveJuice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 4:22:20 PM
At 4/10/2014 4:21:30 PM, OliveJuice wrote:
Some teachers randomly throw in an obvious incorrect choice during multiple choice tests, many of which, in my personal experience, and intended to be humorous.

are intended*
.Innocence is news to me.