Jump to topic:

Reading books are healthy!!!!!!!!!

JesseR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 1:19:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have recently started to read adult fiction and let me tell you that, it is not only enjoying to read but you feel extremely good about yourself because you have accomplished something. Reading or paying attention to satire in general will make you a more intellectual savvy person. I hate math but reading has gave me the power to understand words more clearly and explicable. so math now is 10% easier because i understand the vocabulary. My point is READ BOOKS. my opinion is get one non-fiction and one fiction, then when you come across a word you do not know look it up in the dictionary. I was a person that hated books more than I hated Obama. But I gave it a chance and I am hooked so just to let you know READ BOOKS NOW.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 3:49:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Very good, I'm sad to see that your generation has to discover the practice of reading... I assure you it was not always so. You are growing up in a time when easy-fixes, flashy screens, and other indulgences are all around you and you will have to work hard against the grain to discover the simple pleasures of life which are far greater than these shock-value-based electronic media that everybody is so enthralled with. Everybody around you is zombified by their smart-phone - if you haven't fallen victim already, get rid of it! It will be tough for a little bit of time but I promise you that you will wake up very soon and see all of your friends as very sad cases, dependent and chained to their electronics in a truly pathetic fashion. Carry a book with you instead, and while your friends are facebooking and texting like morons in three word sentences, you'll be expanding and strengthening your abilities instead of dulling them.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.