Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Should I be concerned?

studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:15:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
When I Die

When I die
I do not expect anyone to cry.
For God only truly knows why
I was here and understands my alibi.

Why waste time concerning yourself with others,
It will only cause your emotions to smother.
Your "heart" will control your mind as a person demands another,
And you realize life is too quick to make commitment with fellow brothers.

There is no point in expecting people to change,
People are naturally evil, selfish, and intolerable to engage.
Should I die at this moment of uneventful arrange,
I will be pleased and satisfied that I have lived at least within my own range.

One less person for society to care for,
One less person for a family to worry about and galore.
A person who cares too much is filthy poor,
In respects to fulfilling a life in modern society contaminated with whores.

These whores are not just sluts on random streets,
These whores are the nasty, vile people you meet.
It's sad that people choose to conform to the standard beat,
What fun is it to merely live an existence without unique feat?

I am not special; if you think about it, no one is,
I am ready to blow and erupt like a Coke filled with fizz.
The individual is nothing, nothing more than a part of the "biz,"
The "biz" which takes people from reality into a world of abyss.

When I die,
You may as well bake and cut yourself a pie.
Rejoice in the fact that you have one less person to encourage or "fry,"
I, for a fact, can't wait for Purgatory and the chance to try.

I encountered this poem today. Should I be concerned?
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:23:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/6/2010 4:19:37 PM, Nags wrote:
When you [everyone] dies, you will rot. That's all that happens.

I'm not afraid of death.

I'm asking if I should consider this "poem" valid or not. Thoughts?
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:27:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/6/2010 4:24:50 PM, Puck wrote:
Oh it's not from you. Is it suicidal? No. Is it despondent? Yes. Is that normal? Within reason.

Ha. Actually, I created this poem within two minutes. I have a lot more to say, but don't really feel like typing it. Plus, I really should have checked it and revised it, but it was a kind of "quick-thinking" operation.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:28:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The poem itself really does not portray my "ideals" and "values" that well. I will work on really writing how I feel and may post it on here in the future.
True2GaGa
Posts: 1,574
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:29:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/6/2010 4:27:33 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 2/6/2010 4:24:50 PM, Puck wrote:
Oh it's not from you. Is it suicidal? No. Is it despondent? Yes. Is that normal? Within reason.

Ha. Actually, I created this poem within two minutes. I have a lot more to say, but don't really feel like typing it. Plus, I really should have checked it and revised it, but it was a kind of "quick-thinking" operation.

Nice.
I thought it was like a forward.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:30:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/6/2010 4:27:33 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 2/6/2010 4:24:50 PM, Puck wrote:
Oh it's not from you. Is it suicidal? No. Is it despondent? Yes. Is that normal? Within reason.

Ha. Actually, I created this poem within two minutes. I have a lot more to say, but don't really feel like typing it. Plus, I really should have checked it and revised it, but it was a kind of "quick-thinking" operation.

Fair enough. Seems like you have trouble with self worth/esteem.
alto2osu
Posts: 277
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 9:12:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just out of curiosity, when you say "valid," are you referring to thematic qualities, literary qualities, or "truth" qualities? I have opinions on all three, but you may not like them...
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 7:43:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/8/2010 9:12:17 AM, alto2osu wrote:
Just out of curiosity, when you say "valid," are you referring to thematic qualities, literary qualities, or "truth" qualities? I have opinions on all three, but you may not like them...

Ha. Trust me, I would have come up with something much better had I spent more than two and a half minutes on it.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 7:48:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/6/2010 4:31:52 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Test your theory. Become an hero. http://images.starcraftmazter.net...

ha ha, silly non-americans with your h-dropping. "Be an hero."
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 7:50:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/8/2010 7:48:32 PM, Harlan wrote:
At 2/6/2010 4:31:52 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Test your theory. Become an hero. http://images.starcraftmazter.net...

ha ha, silly non-americans with your h-dropping. "Be an hero."

http://knowyourmeme.com...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 7:57:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/8/2010 7:55:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
NO STUDENT NO!!!
Just because the Colts failed the super bowl is reason to jump of that cliff!

This was before. And it took me less than two and a half minutes. No editing. I think I'll become like the depressed poets of the post WWII days and end up jumping off of a building.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 8:14:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/8/2010 7:57:55 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 2/8/2010 7:55:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
NO STUDENT NO!!!
Just because the Colts failed the super bowl is reason to jump of that cliff!

This was before. And it took me less than two and a half minutes. No editing. I think I'll become like the depressed poets of the post WWII days and end up jumping off of a building.

stick your head in a stove? worked for sylvia plath...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 8:33:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/6/2010 4:15:53 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
When I Die

When I die
I do not expect anyone to cry.
For God only truly knows why
I was here and understands my alibi.

Why waste time concerning yourself with others,
mmm... Tell that to Jesus when he sends you to Hell for me, wouldja
It will only cause your emotions to smother.
Your "heart" will control your mind as a person demands another,
And you realize life is too quick to make commitment with fellow brothers.

There is no point in expecting people to change,
People are naturally evil, selfish, and intolerable to engage.
Should I die at this moment of uneventful arrange,
I will be pleased and satisfied that I have lived at least within my own range.

One less person for society to care for,
One less person for a family to worry about and galore.
A person who cares too much is filthy poor,
In respects to fulfilling a life in modern society contaminated with whores.

These whores are not just sluts on random streets,
These whores are the nasty, vile people you meet.
It's sad that people choose to conform to the standard beat,
What fun is it to merely live an existence without unique feat?



I am not special; if you think about it, no one is,
I am ready to blow and erupt like a Coke filled with fizz.
The individual is nothing, nothing more than a part of the "biz,"
The "biz" which takes people from reality into a world of abyss.

When I die,
You may as well bake and cut yourself a pie.
Rejoice in the fact that you have one less person to encourage or "fry,"
I, for a fact, can't wait for Purgatory and the chance to try.

I encountered this poem today. Should I be concerned?

Oh, if it's not your poem... I guess not, but whoever wrote it should stop being a whiner.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."