Jump to topic:

Student aptitude should be assessed

nachoman11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 5:52:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Student aptitude should be assessed through standardized testing.....can someone take this topic? and debate it..sounds interesting to me
nachoman11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 5:27:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
its not a homework assignment...first of all....and second i would like to have it as soon as possible...its just a project i decided to do..
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 4:33:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2010 5:52:19 PM, nachoman11 wrote:
Student aptitude should be assessed through standardized testing.....can someone take this topic? and debate it..sounds interesting to me

I disagree. A test, and a set of mathematical and English questions, cannot assess the different areas of achievement in a student.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 4:40:30 PM
At 2/8/2010 6:30:11 PM, Puck wrote:
When is the assignment due? :P

It's due Monday; the requirements are that it must be written in the font, Times by Roman, and in a maximum number of ten paragraphs. You must give a complete analysis, and contemplation, of historical events and their correlation to corresponding society and subsequent events. Historical figures must be given and personified. Sources, quotes, citations must be used. And most of all, write in invisible ink!

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 5:21:50 PM
At 7/16/2011 5:11:29 PM, Kinesis wrote:
How do people find these random ancient threads?

I just looked them up and chose them randomly....I'm starting a campaign to stimulate interest in these old threads.