Jump to topic:

Delusional teacher dilemma

BblackkBbirdd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 2:33:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay, for citizenship I had to write a letter to a politician. On may 2nd I got a reply containing letters from two politicians, my local MP and the Under Secretary of State for Education and childcare. I meant to show it to my teacher for weeks but didn't because I don't really like her and I can never find her (because she only works on three school days and is head of citizenship so always goes to meetings) so I didn't show it to her after we started a second piece of coursework, which also involved sending letters to MPs.

....Anyway, she thinks the letter I showed her was from my current coursework (even though the letter I showed her was about Child abuse, we're doing Human Trafficking now). She also thinks that the letter was from the Home Secretary, Theresa May MP so keeps telling everyone she teaches in my year I got a letter from Theresa May, dispute the fact them when she asked me if my letter was from Theresa May I said No.

She even said to my class while she was lecturing us (because someone said 'b!tch') "...Someone in this class has receive national recognition and has already received their reply from a prominent politician..." 0_0 then everyone started staring at me.

At lunch they were like: "Seriously, stop making us look bad" I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, SHE JUST THINKS I DID!!! That's why I hate it when she praises me in front of the whole class, it makes me feel uncomfortable because I don't want them to get mad at me if they think I'm trying to upstage them (Newsflash, you're in top set you're supposed to work hard).

I don't want her overreacting if I tell her she made a mistake about the 'Theresa May' thing.

What should I do?
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 6:03:06 PM
I don't want her overreacting if I tell her she made a mistake about the 'Theresa May' thing.

What should I do?

I would say something like, "Hey, Mrs. [name], I don't know if I confused you, but I didn't actually get a letter from Theresa May."

Since you already told her "no", it wasn't from that politician, she probably realizes this. So if her response parallels that, I would take the opportunity to express my feelings. Explain your embarrassment or annoyance concerning the other students. e.g. "Oh okay, it's just that the other students [fill in the blank]"

Hope that helps :)
jassica1084us
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 2:22:21 AM
Masters Trainers International provides excellent training to customers to bring knowledge and the skills to reach their business goals.Masters Trainers InternationalIhelps and assist customer in anyway possible to become more competitive and keep them abreast of the latest trend in management to be ahead of the competition and create sustainable http://www.mti-pm.com... for their customers and shareholders.
It has various courses which you can join and take advantages of that. MTI is offering you excellent instructor-led and virtual Project Management Principles, Contracting for Project Managers, Certification Criteria, exam review boot camp classes.