Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

I think I made huge mistake at college

GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 5:53:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I received some bad marks back on my essay, and where the teacher wrote his critique, I circled what I thought was wrong and put a potentially more grammatical spin, to make myself feel better about my writing. The teacher asked for my fix and the initial one to compare, AND I TURNED IT IN FORGETTING I WAS TRYING TO TAKE APART THE CRITIQUE!! I FEEL LIKE THE TEACHER IS GOING TO GET MAD BECAUSE I WAS CIRCLING HIS CRITIQUE ,AND WELL, CRITICIZING IT STRONGLY THINKING I WASN'T GOING TO TURN IT IN

I am sure people are going to say I am screwed, but if anyone thinks they can make me feel better, I could use it.
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 5:56:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 5:53:18 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
I received some bad marks back on my essay, and where the teacher wrote his critique, I circled what I thought was wrong and put a potentially more grammatical spin, to make myself feel better about my writing. The teacher asked for my fix and the initial one to compare, AND I TURNED IT IN FORGETTING I WAS TRYING TO TAKE APART THE CRITIQUE!! I FEEL LIKE THE TEACHER IS GOING TO GET MAD BECAUSE I WAS CIRCLING HIS CRITIQUE ,AND WELL, CRITICIZING IT STRONGLY THINKING I WASN'T GOING TO TURN IT IN

I am sure people are going to say I am screwed, but if anyone thinks they can make me feel better, I could use it.

It depends a lot on the professor and what exactly you wrote. If you wrote "You're a butthead" next to one of his comments, that won't exactly look great, but if you wrote "I disagree because of (x)" or "I addressed this in para. (y)," I don't see much of an issue.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not even sure if professors check past copies; I think there would need to be an extreme case.

There isn't much I can add without knowing what exactly you wrote or what the circumstances are. But, at least from what I've heard so far, I don't think I could say you're "screwed." If it's that bad, why not apologize? Professors are humans, too; I'm sure they could understand a moment of frustration at not earning the grade you thought you deserved.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 5:57:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 5:53:18 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
I received some bad marks back on my essay, and where the teacher wrote his critique, I circled what I thought was wrong and put a potentially more grammatical spin, to make myself feel better about my writing. The teacher asked for my fix and the initial one to compare, AND I TURNED IT IN FORGETTING I WAS TRYING TO TAKE APART THE CRITIQUE!! I FEEL LIKE THE TEACHER IS GOING TO GET MAD BECAUSE I WAS CIRCLING HIS CRITIQUE ,AND WELL, CRITICIZING IT STRONGLY THINKING I WASN'T GOING TO TURN IT IN

I am sure people are going to say I am screwed, but if anyone thinks they can make me feel better, I could use it.

Maybe your teacher will see that you were intially trying to correct it but didn't do it on another paper?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:15:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 5:56:37 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 7/2/2014 5:53:18 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
I received some bad marks back on my essay, and where the teacher wrote his critique, I circled what I thought was wrong and put a potentially more grammatical spin, to make myself feel better about my writing. The teacher asked for my fix and the initial one to compare, AND I TURNED IT IN FORGETTING I WAS TRYING TO TAKE APART THE CRITIQUE!! I FEEL LIKE THE TEACHER IS GOING TO GET MAD BECAUSE I WAS CIRCLING HIS CRITIQUE ,AND WELL, CRITICIZING IT STRONGLY THINKING I WASN'T GOING TO TURN IT IN

I am sure people are going to say I am screwed, but if anyone thinks they can make me feel better, I could use it.

It depends a lot on the professor and what exactly you wrote. If you wrote "You're a butthead" next to one of his comments, that won't exactly look great, but if you wrote "I disagree because of (x)" or "I addressed this in para. (y)," I don't see much of an issue.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not even sure if professors check past copies; I think there would need to be an extreme case.

There isn't much I can add without knowing what exactly you wrote or what the circumstances are. But, at least from what I've heard so far, I don't think I could say you're "screwed." If it's that bad, why not apologize? Professors are humans, too; I'm sure they could understand a moment of frustration at not earning the grade you thought you deserved.

It was a little teachers note at the bottom of my essay saying I needed to see the tutor with my wording and coherency. (I love logic so I just got my feeling hurt)

I ended up circling one of the teachers sentences and next to wrote one I thought was more grammatical but said the same thing. I also wrote "Fragmented" and put an arrow to one of his sentence which wasn't really fragmented, it just seemed like it was. (because I had a fragmented sentence the teacher pointed out, and I was just stupidly trying to do the same thing back)

Thank you so much for your words, I means a lot to me.
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:42:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 7:15:49 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
At 7/2/2014 5:56:37 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 7/2/2014 5:53:18 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
I received some bad marks back on my essay, and where the teacher wrote his critique, I circled what I thought was wrong and put a potentially more grammatical spin, to make myself feel better about my writing. The teacher asked for my fix and the initial one to compare, AND I TURNED IT IN FORGETTING I WAS TRYING TO TAKE APART THE CRITIQUE!! I FEEL LIKE THE TEACHER IS GOING TO GET MAD BECAUSE I WAS CIRCLING HIS CRITIQUE ,AND WELL, CRITICIZING IT STRONGLY THINKING I WASN'T GOING TO TURN IT IN

I am sure people are going to say I am screwed, but if anyone thinks they can make me feel better, I could use it.

It depends a lot on the professor and what exactly you wrote. If you wrote "You're a butthead" next to one of his comments, that won't exactly look great, but if you wrote "I disagree because of (x)" or "I addressed this in para. (y)," I don't see much of an issue.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not even sure if professors check past copies; I think there would need to be an extreme case.

There isn't much I can add without knowing what exactly you wrote or what the circumstances are. But, at least from what I've heard so far, I don't think I could say you're "screwed." If it's that bad, why not apologize? Professors are humans, too; I'm sure they could understand a moment of frustration at not earning the grade you thought you deserved.


It was a little teachers note at the bottom of my essay saying I needed to see the tutor with my wording and coherency. (I love logic so I just got my feeling hurt)

I ended up circling one of the teachers sentences and next to wrote one I thought was more grammatical but said the same thing. I also wrote "Fragmented" and put an arrow to one of his sentence which wasn't really fragmented, it just seemed like it was. (because I had a fragmented sentence the teacher pointed out, and I was just stupidly trying to do the same thing back)

Thank you so much for your words, I means a lot to me.

Ah, ok. That's not that bad lol. Depending on who the professor is, he may laugh at it. I would, if I were in his place. He could write something snarky next to it, but save for that, I don't see much else happening.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:49:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Thank you so much for your words, I means a lot to me.

Ah, ok. That's not that bad lol. Depending on who the professor is, he may laugh at it. I would, if I were in his place. He could write something snarky next to it, but save for that, I don't see much else happening.

Thanks man, seriously, I have been driving myself crazy with this. You are so so awesome!
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:50:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/2/2014 7:49:51 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
Thank you so much for your words, I means a lot to me.

Ah, ok. That's not that bad lol. Depending on who the professor is, he may laugh at it. I would, if I were in his place. He could write something snarky next to it, but save for that, I don't see much else happening.

Thanks man, seriously, I have been driving myself crazy with this. You are so so awesome!

Haha, no problem. Good luck!
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
ThoughtsandThoughts
Posts: 178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 8:18:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It was a little teachers note at the bottom of my essay saying I needed to see the tutor with my wording and coherency. (I love logic so I just got my feeling hurt)

I ended up circling one of the teachers sentences and next to wrote one I thought was more grammatical but said the same thing. I also wrote "Fragmented" and put an arrow to one of his sentence which wasn't really fragmented, it just seemed like it was. (because I had a fragmented sentence the teacher pointed out, and I was just stupidly trying to do the same thing back)


Ahaha, if I was the professor, I would think it was funny. It's not as though you called him vulgar names :P Don't worry too much about it =)

Lastly, used correctly, a sentence fragments can be a nice touch to your paper. Style-wise, anyway. See what I did there?