Total Posts:65|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

School spying on students at home

dogparktom
Posts: 112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 6:20:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.newsrealblog.com...

How could "educators" be so stupid?

I answer: The best students are not seeking careers in education in the US. The best go into business, medicine, law, et cetera, where there is more challenge and more money. The public school system is one giant federal bureaucracy filled with drones.

I'm glad I'm not a student today.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 6:42:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
My teacher watches me at home too, see knows what I eat for dinner, she knows if I washed my clothes, she even knows if I tie my shoes before I go somewhere. Of course....I am home-schooled.
kfc
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 6:52:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 6:42:40 AM, Koopin wrote:
I am home-schooled.

Aha!!

That explains the antiquated social conservativeness in seemingly cool person.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 6:54:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yes but she is not a stranger who watches you undressing, playing with yourself, or secretly copulating with a bucket of kfc now is she?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Aesius
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 7:23:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
"The public school system is one giant federal bureaucracy filled with drones."

You're saying that every public school teacher in the United states is a "Drone". I'd like to see you back that up. I can disprove it myself with only one example.

My father has been an art teacher for 39 years. While growing up, every day I would see him talk about his projects at school, and go to school early. When there was not adequate air filtration in a kiln room at one of his schools, he fought for his kids, so they would not suffer any adverse health effects.

While I am sure there are teachers who teach simply for the job, there are teachers who are dedicated and passionate about their job, bureaucracy or not.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:33:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is extreme violation of personal privacy. Stolen computers can be found other ways. They're just coming up with excuses. I think they should all be sued.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:44:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I heard about this yesterday. This is the beginning stages of Big Brother dictatorship run by the Illuminati.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:46:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:44:49 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I heard about this yesterday. This is the beginning stages of Big Brother dictatorship run by the Illuminati.

Well I can say I half way agree with you...

It reminds me of the telescreens in 1984.

Both a method of indoctrination and monitoring.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:48:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 6:54:52 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes but she is not a stranger who watches you undressing, playing with yourself, or secretly copulating with a bucket of kfc now is she?

I don't want to know the answer to this.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:54:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:33:55 PM, Mirza wrote:
This is extreme violation of personal privacy. Stolen computers can be found other ways. They're just coming up with excuses. I think they should all be sued.

Yeah, it is possible to get lojack for laptops, and those don't submit anything other then the location. No webcams or anything. And a GPS pinpoint would be better then a webcam shot of the surroundings.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:54:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Lol @ Geo and matt who believe nonsensical conspiracy theories.

This is just another reason why parents should be up to date on technology and their legal rights in regards to this sort of thing. This was only able to happen because the parents had no idea what to check for. If they did, it probably could have been prevented.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:57:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:54:40 PM, Volkov wrote:
Lol @ Geo and matt who believe nonsensical conspiracy theories.

This is just another reason why parents should be up to date on technology and their legal rights in regards to this sort of thing. This was only able to happen because the parents had no idea what to check for. If they did, it probably could have been prevented.

It's not a theory. It actually happened. Government funded spy laptops.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:58:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:54:40 PM, Volkov wrote:
Lol @ Geo and matt who believe nonsensical conspiracy theories.

I wouldn't say it's an active conspiracy so much as a progression towards that end.

I don't think there's anyone "behind" it.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:00:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:57:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's not a theory. It actually happened. Government funded spy laptops.

Geo, this seriously fails if they've been caught and will be sued for it. For worldwide dictators, the Illuminati really fail when setting up these nefarious programs.

@Matt; ah, gotcha.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:05:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:00:12 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/23/2010 12:57:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's not a theory. It actually happened. Government funded spy laptops.

Geo, this seriously fails if they've been caught and will be sued for it. For worldwide dictators, the Illuminati really fail when setting up these nefarious programs.

@Matt; ah, gotcha.

They didn't get caught. They provide the lower pawns with the tools and then they got caught. Right now I don't have evidence that the Illuminati was involved, however, if it's government funded, it's highly likely.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:06:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
One thing that really bites about online posts, is that it is harder to tell if someone is seriously delusional or just pulling people's legs.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
collegekitchen
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:08:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:54:40 PM, Volkov wrote:
Lol @ Geo and matt who believe nonsensical conspiracy theories.

This is just another reason why parents should be up to date on technology and their legal rights in regards to this sort of thing. This was only able to happen because the parents had no idea what to check for. If they did, it probably could have been prevented.

No one should have to check to make sure they're being stalked by the government.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:09:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:05:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
They didn't get caught. They provide the lower pawns with the tools and then they got caught. Right now I don't have evidence that the Illuminati was involved, however, if it's government funded, it's highly likely.

So, its just likely.... but you have no proof for it. But, its likely, because it was funded by the government.

Geo, your income is from the government. I now find you a likely Illuminati agent. I have no proof, but this is just a 'likely' assertion. You can't really argue with it either, because I'm not saying I have proof, just that its likely you're an Illuminati agent, because you're paid by the government.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:10:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:08:22 PM, collegekitchen wrote:
At 2/23/2010 12:54:40 PM, Volkov wrote:
Lol @ Geo and matt who believe nonsensical conspiracy theories.

This is just another reason why parents should be up to date on technology and their legal rights in regards to this sort of thing. This was only able to happen because the parents had no idea what to check for. If they did, it probably could have been prevented.

No one should have to check to make sure they're being stalked by the government.

Also, it is likely that if the spyware was removed, the school would have recalled the laptops that were "cleaned," re-put the spyware back on and re-given them out.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:12:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:08:22 PM, collegekitchen wrote:
No one should have to check to make sure they're being stalked by the government.

Sure, in the ideal world. But, for those of us connected to reality, we realize there are freaks, perverts, and some nefarious characters out there that can use this technology and most people's general stupidity surrounding it to their advantage.

I mean, sure, no one should have to lock their door at night, but for those of us who live in certain areas, we know its better we do, just in case.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:12:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Also, it is likely that if the spyware was removed, the school would have recalled the laptops that were "cleaned," re-put the spyware back on and re-given them out.

But of course, if that wasn't the case why would they've bothered putting it on in the first place.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:13:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:09:16 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/23/2010 1:05:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
They didn't get caught. They provide the lower pawns with the tools and then they got caught. Right now I don't have evidence that the Illuminati was involved, however, if it's government funded, it's highly likely.

So, its just likely.... but you have no proof for it. But, its likely, because it was funded by the government.

Geo, your income is from the government. I now find you a likely Illuminati agent. I have no proof, but this is just a 'likely' assertion. You can't really argue with it either, because I'm not saying I have proof, just that its likely you're an Illuminati agent, because you're paid by the government.

And you're likely because you're Canadian, and they are socialists!!! and say "eh" way too much (according to stereotypes made by Americans).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:14:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:12:38 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Also, it is likely that if the spyware was removed, the school would have recalled the laptops that were "cleaned," re-put the spyware back on and re-given them out.

But of course, if that wasn't the case why would they've bothered putting it on in the first place.

So checking it and clearing the computer, would be a meaningless step, since it would accomplish nothing.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:14:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:13:14 PM, OreEle wrote:
And you're likely because you're Canadian, and they are socialists!!! and say "eh" way too much (according to stereotypes made by Americans).

Whats your point, eh?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:15:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:12:08 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/23/2010 1:08:22 PM, collegekitchen wrote:
No one should have to check to make sure they're being stalked by the government.

Sure, in the ideal world.

In this world... THE GOVERNMENT shouldn't be doing such things.
(Not that I would trust them not to :)

I hope we can all agree on that.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:15:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:14:22 PM, OreEle wrote:
So checking it and clearing the computer, would be a meaningless step, since it would accomplish nothing.

No it wouldn't, because you could report the fact that the spyware as there, which would end the entire business altogether.
collegekitchen
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:16:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:12:08 PM, Volkov wrote:
we realize there are freaks, perverts, and some nefarious characters out there

I don't think many expect these kinds of people to be in the form a highschool administration.

I mean, sure, no one should have to lock their door at night, but for those of us who live in certain areas, we know its better we do, just in case.

There's a difference between locking your door and knowing proper security on an Apple operating system that is normally devoid of viruses and thus devoid of malware. Furthermore I'm betting money that students were given lowered credentials that would prevent them and parents from even installing new software to detect that type of thing.

Locking a door is one thing, knowing computer security on an operating system that only 17% of computer users use is entirely another.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:16:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:15:07 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
In this world... THE GOVERNMENT shouldn't be doing such things.
(Not that I would trust them not to :)

I hope we can all agree on that.

We can agree - but it doesn't mean they don't. :P

Besides, I'm having a tough time thinking its the government doing it. What would be the purpose? There isn't one. I think it was just a bunch of weirdo teachers who went a bit too far in "mentoring."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:17:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:15:17 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/23/2010 1:14:22 PM, OreEle wrote:
So checking it and clearing the computer, would be a meaningless step, since it would accomplish nothing.

No it wouldn't, because you could report the fact that the spyware as there, which would end the entire business altogether.

No it wouldn't. They would simply put a different spyware on, and maybe a lock so that you cannot install any antivirus program that will find said spyware. The fact that they put it on in the first place means that they want in on the computer. If you catch them, they are only going to try harder.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:20:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 1:16:32 PM, collegekitchen wrote:
There's a difference between locking your door and knowing proper security on an Apple operating system that is normally devoid of viruses and thus devoid of malware. Furthermore I'm betting money that students were given lowered credentials that would prevent them and parents from even installing new software to detect that type of thing.

Locking a door is one thing, knowing computer security on an operating system that only 17% of computer users use is entirely another.

So you're essentially saying its hopeless. Too complicated to figure out, etc. Right? Because you certainly addressed nothing else.

Anyone can agree that these people SHOULDN'T be doing this - it doesn't mean they WON'T still. So what do you do then, hm? Do nothing to double check and make sure? Have blind trust? Abandon all hope? What? Suggest something useful, or gtfo.