Jump to topic:

Destruction of the Educat. Regime!!

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:13:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The political issue that I am single most passionate about is a reformation of the educational system.

The compulsory system we have now is based on indoctrination for achieving knowledge rather than through free-thought.

And I'm not just talking about public school, no! This includes public school, home-school and other private schools.

This is what you must learn, this is what you must not.
This is how you must learn it, this is how you must not.
This is where you must learn it from, this is where you must not.
This is when you must learn it, this is when you must not.
This is what place you must be and when you must be there and this is everything else your not aloud to do.
This is where you must sit and be quiet while you listen to the teacher who definitely knows better than you about everything.
No need to ask questions, just do what your told.
This is how much you must focus on this issue and on this one. Who cares which things really interest you.
This is who will be teaching you, better get on their good side, this is also who will be grading you.
This is all the tedious work and mountains of pages you must fill out, as if that really teaches you anything.
This is where you come to become settled in with the rest of society.
Forget who you are and the things you desire, your one of us now.
This is the place where you come to be instilled with the glorious values of our society that will finally mold you into a good person, like obedience and loyalty and how to be content with running through the motions, OH, and lets not forget the most important one! PATRIOTISM.
Now bow-down, shut-up and get back to work you silly ignorant child.

What I advise is this:

Either upon reaching a certain age, such as ten, or proving that you have reached a basic knowledge, such as math, reading, writing, etc, you would be able to participate in the system I am to describe.

You work at your own pace, your studying hours are under your control.

You study what you want, there is no involuntary curriculum. Though you are given advice on what to learn; particularly which fields of knowledge are in high demand in the work-place.

You have free access to a giant library containing all relevant fields of inquiry. You don't have to use these books but they are there for your convenience.

There are various teachers throughout the facility that each specialize in one or several fields. You may use these teachers if you wish but are not required.

If any teacher is inefficient at their job than they can be fired by the students through a popular vote.

Upon learning what you want, when you wanted to and from whom you wanted to, you can then ask for a test for you to be tested on specific fields of your choice.

After taking said test you will receive a certificate showing the fields you chose and how well you know them so that it may be shown to a potential employer or anything else you would wish it for.

There is no graduation date. You can update your certificate anytime you want with any fields you want on it.

The facility would also include places for the arts and sports which you are not tested on.

This new system would not only increase the standard of living by directly making lives easier on those seeking an education but also, I argue, would create a smarter free-thinking generation that would progress the rest of society into a better future.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:23:08 PM
teenagers are known for being impulsive and moody. giving them the ability to vote their teachers out of a job is a terrible idea.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:26:23 PM
At 3/17/2010 11:23:08 PM, belle wrote:
teenagers are known for being impulsive and moody. giving them the ability to vote their teachers out of a job is a terrible idea.

I wouldn't even use a teacher.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:32:27 PM
Knowledge is hierarchical, trying to remove that in analogous learning, with brains largely incapable of meta though is going to give you simply wasted years.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:32:41 PM
At 3/17/2010 11:26:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:

you'd probably end up with a lot of misunderstandings then :P

i do like the idea of predicating graduation on competence rather than an ability fo fulfill arcane requirements but i suspect its not as easy to detect through a single test as you think.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:40:33 PM
At 3/17/2010 11:32:41 PM, belle wrote:
At 3/17/2010 11:26:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:

you'd probably end up with a lot of misunderstandings then :P

i do like the idea of predicating graduation on competence rather than an ability fo fulfill arcane requirements but i suspect its not as easy to detect through a single test as you think.

You have a point about the tests. I haven't figured out yet who makes them.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:50:00 PM
I just created a video of David Icke destroying the education system. Take a look. You'll probably enjoy this vid Freedo, :)
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 11:52:16 PM
At 3/17/2010 11:50:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I just created a video of David Icke destroying the education system. Take a look. You'll probably enjoy this vid Freedo, :)

Interesting.

Explain to me the difference between the left and right sides of the brain.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 12:00:03 AM
left brain is supposed to be logical, serial processing. language is usually stored there. right brain is considered more "intuitive" and "holistic"

and really, if you want to teach yourself you're going to have to learn to use google at the very least :P
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 12:03:07 AM
Here's a good description of the difference between the two:

http://i39.tinypic.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 2:09:01 AM
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 2:33:20 AM
Shut. Up. David. Icke.

@OP: This proposal is massively flawed - what you'll get as a result will be a generation of mostly idiots. I highly doubt a 10 year old, or in many cases teenagers to young adults, will have the mental maturity to realize intelligence is importance. The only feasible way of having this become actualized is if an entire cultural paradigm shift happens in which intelligence is a virtue -- kind of like a quasi-Aristotelian society.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 2:42:06 AM
At 3/18/2010 2:33:20 AM, TheSkeptic wrote:
Shut. Up. David. Icke.

His new book will be out in May and can be found in fine bookstores everywhere.

@OP: This proposal is massively flawed - what you'll get as a result will be a generation of mostly idiots. I highly doubt a 10 year old, or in many cases teenagers to young adults, will have the mental maturity to realize intelligence is importance. The only feasible way of having this become actualized is if an entire cultural paradigm shift happens in which intelligence is a virtue -- kind of like a quasi-Aristotelian society.

I agree that this system won't work until we reach a new enlightenment era.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 3:04:33 AM
At 3/18/2010 2:42:06 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Shut. Up. David. Icke.

I agree that this system won't work until we reach a new enlightenment era.

No, I say this "enlightenment" era cannot be reached without it. If it can just be tested I think you will indeed see that people can be trusted to learn.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 4:06:50 AM
At 3/18/2010 2:42:06 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Shut. Up. David. Icke.

Haha.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 4:09:25 AM
DAVID ICKE'S SENSATIONAL NEW BOOK NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER TO ENSURE A COPY FROM THE FIRST PRINT RUN

Nearly 700 pages, 355,000 words, 325 illustrations and 32 pages of original colour art by Neil Hague

A Monumental Work

The book is estimated to be ready for shipping at the end of April/early May

David Icke marks his 20th year of uncovering astounding secrets and suppressed information with the publication of his most amazing book yet.

He takes the manipulation of the human race and the nature of reality to still new levels of understanding and he calls for humanity to rise from its knees and take back the world from the sinister network of families and non-human entities that covertly control us from cradle to grave.

David has moved the global cutting edge so many times since his incredible ‘awakening’ in 1990 and here he does it again - and then some.

His most staggering revelation is that the Earth and the collective human mind is manipulated from the Moon, which, he says, is not a ‘heavenly body’, but an artificial construct – a gigantic ‘spacecraft’ (probably a hollowed-out 'planetoid') – which is home to the extraterrestrial group that has been manipulating humanity for aeons.

He describes what he calls the ‘Moon Matrix’, a fake reality broadcast from the Moon which is decoded by the human body/mind in much the same way as portrayed in the Matrix movie trilogy. The Moon Matrix has ‘hacked’ into the human ‘body-computer’ system, he says, and it is feeding us a manipulated sense of self and the world 24/7.

We live in extraordinary times. On one side we are seeing the imposition of a global Orwellian State of total surveillance and control by those who serve the Moon Matrix, and on the other a fantastic energetic transformation is taking place – what David calls the ‘Truth Vibrations’, a phenomenon he first predicted in 1990 and used as the title of his first book after his ‘eyes opened’.

The Truth Vibrations are awakening vast numbers of people to remember who they really are – infinite, eternal Consciousness.

Humanity is at a fork in the road and it is time to make a choice. Are we going to awaken to our true genius and potential as Infinite Consciousness? Or are we going to remain entrapped in body/mind and the manufactured illusions of the Moon Matrix?

One choice will give us freedom and potential on a scale we could not have thought possible, while the other will condemn us and our children to a global fascist/communist dictatorship on a scale that would make George Orwell wince.

You cannot read Human Race Get Off Your Knees and be the same person you were when you picked it up. It is life-changing, reality-changing and its information, if acted upon, will set us free.

Ahahaha haha aaaaaaaaaaaaah.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 4:50:56 AM
His most staggering revelation is that the Earth and the collective human mind is manipulated from the Moon, which, he says, is not a ‘heavenly body’, but an artificial construct – a gigantic ‘spacecraft’ (probably a hollowed-out 'planetoid') – which is home to the extraterrestrial group that has been manipulating humanity for aeons.

... -_-
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 7:59:36 AM
At 3/17/2010 11:13:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Either upon reaching a certain age, such as ten, or proving that you have reached a basic knowledge, such as math, reading, writing, etc, you would be able to participate in the system I am to describe.

You work at your own pace, your studying hours are under your control.
What if you decide you'd rather attend an institution with different rules?

If any teacher is inefficient at their job than they can be fired by the students through a popular vote.
A popular vote is the most inefficient selection process on earth. It is sufficient to remove the compulsory nature of education. You can "vote" against a teacher by attending a school that employs different types of teachers. It is none of the 51%'s business to take away a teacher 49% are happy with. Love a class or leave it.

Upon learning what you want, when you wanted to and from whom you wanted to, you can then ask for a test for you to be tested on specific fields of your choice.
A good thing to expand, but it needn't accompany any sort of abolition of more traditional formats. The system already has some of this (Clep for example, and you can also take AP tests without taking the classes if you happen to learn enough. Many colleges also allow "challenging courses" by asking for a professor to craft a test to prove you have the knowledge gleaned from their course. Remove compulsory classes and an expanded offering of these sorts of things follows naturally from demand without other impetus.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:34:53 PM
Unschooling sounds like a much better "system".
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 6:49:56 PM
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 9:59:48 PM
Subjects have a structure, so education needs direction til that structure is learned. Young people do not derstand that some things are genuinely more important than others, and what interests em may be irrelevant to surviving on this planet. Students prefer teachers entertain them rather than teach them things.Rich kids are the worst. One of the most important lessons in learning isself-discipline, and that does not come naturally.

You have silly ideas. You should get back to work.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 10:05:03 PM
http://www.edu-lu-tion.com...
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?