Jump to topic:

What education should really be like?

holyzinc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 11:47:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"By now you must have experienced some faults in education system that you have been a part of. Or perhaps if you are fortunate you may have never been in an education system. Whatever may be the case, what do you think the revolutionized Education system should be like? What is your idea of a better educational system? And what do you think are the deficiencies in the current system? What should we, as a society, expect from Education system?
Education is an ongoing process. But education system does not seem to encourage this process. As Sir Ken Robinson has pointed out in this talk, is it not that aim of this education system is to create employees? Is it not that the education system reflects what we as a society put emphasis on[?] Perhaps it is time that we should get out of temporary influences and create education system that would not be an end unto itself but a stepping stone for a more evolved life.
What then do you think we must include in such a system? What should its characteristics be like? What should it must have and what should it must not include? Your thoughts on education system..Discuss!"

Anyway, The credit of the writing goes to Dipraj Zagade, tedster. I paste it here as I trust his words can better put this issue that we all concerns and resonates deeply in sentence than I can.

The related talk by Sir Ken Robinson on "Bring on the learning revolution" and his other talks are among the most inspiring talks I've ever watched and I hope they would inspire you too. He's quite funny as well...Enjoy!
http://www.ted.com...
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:53:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/7/2014 11:47:28 AM, holyzinc wrote:
"By now you must have experienced some faults in education system that you have been a part of. Or perhaps if you are fortunate you may have never been in an education system. Whatever may be the case, what do you think the revolutionized Education system should be like? What is your idea of a better educational system? And what do you think are the deficiencies in the current system? What should we, as a society, expect from Education system?
Education is an ongoing process. But education system does not seem to encourage this process. As Sir Ken Robinson has pointed out in this talk, is it not that aim of this education system is to create employees? Is it not that the education system reflects what we as a society put emphasis on[?] Perhaps it is time that we should get out of temporary influences and create education system that would not be an end unto itself but a stepping stone for a more evolved life.
What then do you think we must include in such a system? What should its characteristics be like? What should it must have and what should it must not include? Your thoughts on education system..Discuss!"

Anyway, The credit of the writing goes to Dipraj Zagade, tedster. I paste it here as I trust his words can better put this issue that we all concerns and resonates deeply in sentence than I can.

The related talk by Sir Ken Robinson on "Bring on the learning revolution" and his other talks are among the most inspiring talks I've ever watched and I hope they would inspire you too. He's quite funny as well...Enjoy!
http://www.ted.com...

It should be student driven. Mentors should be available to kids to expose them to things they would not have discovered by themselves. Mentors should also be available to provide basic forms of help in achiving the childs education goals - and perhaps to provide some structure and regimentation if the child requests it. Education should be provided at home or in an educational institution that respects the child. Sudbury is an example of this kind of institution.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it