Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

College Degrees

idkmybffbill
Posts: 87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:08:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just Wondering: What are the levels of college degrees, and how long does it take to get them?

Thanks so much, you guys! Ya'll are always really helpful! (:
idkmybffbill
Posts: 87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:17:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/20/2010 7:08:42 PM, idkmybffbill wrote:
Just Wondering: What are the levels of college degrees, and how long does it take to get them?

Thanks so much, you guys! Ya'll are always really helpful! (:

Also, do all of the levels of degrees have to be in the same area? For example, could you get a Bachelor's degree in law and then a Master's degree in international relations?
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:18:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
From AfroPuffsAndPonytails.com (http://afropuffsandponytails.com...):

"Doctorate degree. This is the highest level of academic award, and can represent up to six full-time academic years. While you might think of doctors most commonly in connection with medicine, there are also doctorates in academic and professional fields. So, while a doctorate degree is an appropriate goal if you hope to practice medicine, different kinds of doctorate degrees are applicable if you plan to reach the highest levels of teaching or research.

Master's degree. A master's degree typically involves one to two years of study beyond completion of a bachelor's degree. Master's degrees are often prerequisites for certain fields, such as teaching, and a master's of business administration (MBA) is increasingly in demand in the business world.

Bachelor's degree. A bachelor's degree represents the equivalent of four years of academic study beyond high school. This is a key degree both for entering the business world, and for being eligible to go on to master's and doctorate degrees. There are many different major subjects of study for bachelor's degrees, but they generally are separated in to bachelor's of arts (BA) or bachelor's of science (BS) degrees.

Associate's degrees. Associate's degrees are typically two-year programs. They can be useful for learning basic career skills, or as preparation for continuing on to a bachelor's degree."

Though, really, I should stop enabling you. Lrn2Google.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:19:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/20/2010 7:17:29 PM, idkmybffbill wrote:
Also, do all of the levels of degrees have to be in the same area?

No. But the closer related the better, methinks.

For example, could you get a Bachelor's degree in law and then a Master's degree in international relations?

That'd be a great path to getting your Master's in international relations. :D
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
idkmybffbill
Posts: 87
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:24:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/20/2010 7:18:33 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
From AfroPuffsAndPonytails.com (http://afropuffsandponytails.com...):

"Doctorate degree. This is the highest level of academic award, and can represent up to six full-time academic years. While you might think of doctors most commonly in connection with medicine, there are also doctorates in academic and professional fields. So, while a doctorate degree is an appropriate goal if you hope to practice medicine, different kinds of doctorate degrees are applicable if you plan to reach the highest levels of teaching or research.

Master's degree. A master's degree typically involves one to two years of study beyond completion of a bachelor's degree. Master's degrees are often prerequisites for certain fields, such as teaching, and a master's of business administration (MBA) is increasingly in demand in the business world.

Bachelor's degree. A bachelor's degree represents the equivalent of four years of academic study beyond high school. This is a key degree both for entering the business world, and for being eligible to go on to master's and doctorate degrees. There are many different major subjects of study for bachelor's degrees, but they generally are separated in to bachelor's of arts (BA) or bachelor's of science (BS) degrees.

Associate's degrees. Associate's degrees are typically two-year programs. They can be useful for learning basic career skills, or as preparation for continuing on to a bachelor's degree."

Though, really, I should stop enabling you. Lrn2Google.

That's perfect. Thanks so much, dude. (:

Ahaha. I tried to Google it, but I'm never good at thinking of the right search term to get the results I'm looking for. Thanks again. (:
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:30:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/20/2010 7:24:37 PM, idkmybffbill wrote:

Ahaha. I tried to Google it, but I'm never good at thinking of the right search term to get the results I'm looking for.

It doesn't take much imagination. For example, to find your information I simply typed in "different levels of college degrees."

Thanks again. (:

No problem.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
morris2
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 11:10:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Starting from the lowest, an associate's degree is a 2 years degree program which you can take at a community college or a regular 4 year school. Next in this hierarchy is the bachelor's degree which is a 4 year degree program. Mostly a bachelor's degree is a B.A. or B.S. i.e. Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science respectively. A level above is a Master's degree, the time duration for which varies from 2 to 4 years which also includes a year's time for research. Also, there are accelerated degree programs ( http://www.cc-sd.edu... ) offered by many colleges which allow you to complete a bachelor's degree in a time span of 3 years. These have become quite popular lately.