Bullying in school

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:32:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 8:18:35 PM, rich123 wrote:
What would you do if someone is bullying you and wants to harm you?

TELL A TEACHER OR PARENT
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:32:17 PM
oops... capslock...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
khalid090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 2:05:21 PM

I would solve this issue. I would either stand up for myself or report to the teacher
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:05:08 PM
At 12/18/2014 8:32:17 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
oops... capslock...

hahahah. It sounded like... super hysterical.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:08:25 PM

First, defend yourself. Do not let other children mock you, much less hit you. You are being a victim of bullying, but you don't need them to victimize you even more. And second, tell both your parents and your teacher. And make sure the teacher does something. If you don't see the teacher solved the issue, it is not because he/she can't, but because he didn't feel like it. In this case, you must press your parents to make them go and talk with the teacher, so the teacher can understand it was a big deal and something must be done about it.
RealAmericanWoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 2:04:06 AM
At 1/26/2015 6:08:25 PM, Otokage wrote:

First, defend yourself. Do not let other children mock you, much less hit you. You are being a victim of bullying, but you don't need them to victimize you even more. And second, tell both your parents and your teacher. And make sure the teacher does something. If you don't see the teacher solved the issue, it is not because he/she can't, but because he didn't feel like it. In this case, you must press your parents to make them go and talk with the teacher, so the teacher can understand it was a big deal and something must be done about it.

It's easy to say that someone should just stand up for themselves, however bullied kids usually have a pretty low self-esteem to start out with and to break the cycle takes character qualities that they might not have, yet.
I would of course stand up for my self.
Harry123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 2:22:34 AM
If you are a victim of bullying it can be very difficult to tell someone - even your parents, because you can feel ashamed and embarrassed. It is however important to mention it to someone you feel comfortable telling so you don't stand alone with your problem. Together with the person you have told you can agree upon what the next step could be to prevent the bullying. It is also important that the victim works with his/hers self esteem and in order to feel comfortable in confronting your problem.
RealAmericanWoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 2:32:36 AM
At 1/27/2015 2:22:34 AM, Harry123 wrote:
If you are a victim of bullying it can be very difficult to tell someone - even your parents, because you can feel ashamed and embarrassed. It is however important to mention it to someone you feel comfortable telling so you don't stand alone with your problem. Together with the person you have told you can agree upon what the next step could be to prevent the bullying. It is also important that the victim works with his/hers self esteem and in order to feel comfortable in confronting your problem.

I agree very much, however I think this problem is much greater than it might seem, kids bullying kids says a lot about the world that we live in! I sincerely doubt that the child's natural instincts engages the kid in bullying-like behaviors. I think we as a human race are doing wrong when it comes to raising the kids. For example putting a child in school who HAS to sit down for several ours must have serious consequences for the child's development which could be one of the causes of bullying.
It's time to change the way we do things.
khalid090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 3:14:48 AM

I would solve this issue by either standing up for myself or report it to the teacher
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 4:35:55 AM
At 1/27/2015 2:04:06 AM, RealAmericanWoman wrote:
At 1/26/2015 6:08:25 PM, Otokage wrote:

It's easy to say that someone should just stand up for themselves, however bullied kids usually have a pretty low self-esteem to start out with and to break the cycle takes character qualities that they might not have, yet.
I would of course stand up for my self.

Sure. It's easier said than done. I see bullying every single year in classroom. There's always a bully among my students, and there are always 1 or more victims. I'm really adamant about this issue, but it is important to make the kid understand that they can't let people victimize them, because the fathers and teachers always act a posteriori if they act at all. They are the only ones that can do something in situ.
Classified
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:05:48 AM

I would actually warn him by myself such as a slap in the face or just walk away. If it continues, I will talk with parents and teachers.

But before I talk to parents and teachers, I would stand up for myself first and if it's just one bully in my year level, I'll handle him. If he was of a higher grade, I'll just directly tell parents and teachers.
meetball
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:15:22 AM
It is also limited what the teacher can do for the children. I have often experienced that what the teacher said had no effect on the children's behavior. in generally i think it is the childrens view we have to change, they have to learn to be niecer to each other. And then i think the teacher have to take contact to the bullies parent's if the child is a minor.