I am randomly pressing keys...

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 9:11:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
And clicking my mouse.

If I make sense I have proven evolution, so what to write about? Any suggestions? It is very early in the morning and I will go soon, I have to be up at a reasonable time, so that means I will get about 7 hours sleep, which isn't too bad.

Oh best tell you this, my brother told me that if you sleep facing upwards, you are more than likely to have a sleep paralysis, so in most cases avoid sleeping facing upwards. Stress and bad sleep patterns, he said, also cause sleep paralysis. However I don't believe so much that they are simply to do with science. Although you may be able to explain it so far with the tool of science, I have heard a few cases where people have gotten rid of certain things in their house which are ungody. For example, a Dungons and Dragons set of some kind, he said as he was about to biurn the lot, "Have you trash back Satan!" He didn't have a great nights sleep. Then a boy who really liked Pokemon cards, his mum got rid of them but one he secretly kept. That night he didn't sleep in peace. I also got rid or at least removed from my wall a post card of the alien version of the Mona Lisa and that same night I had a sleep paralysis, well a visitation of a spirit, I felt an evilness in the room...

Oh, what the heck just happened, I was alseep, did I just type that out? My word, evolution must be true, everyone else is in bed, alseep! So I could have been the only person who typed this out, but I was alseep. I am totally startled!!!!
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 9:21:02 PM
: At 6/3/2010 9:18:09 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Never heard of it. Hope I never experience it.

60% of people have it atleast twice in their life time. But this isn't the main point of this forum. :)
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 9:21:38 PM
At 6/3/2010 9:21:02 PM, GodSands wrote:
60% of people have it atleast twice in their life time. But this isn't the main point of this forum. :)

Kindly enlighten me.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 10:31:34 PM
Well, congratulations then. Now just stop preaching and we'll actually take you seriously.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 12:01:41 AM
At 6/3/2010 9:11:52 PM, GodSands wrote:
And clicking my mouse.

If I make sense I have proven evolution,

A weak recycled argument to refute a concept you do not understand.

so what to write about? Any suggestions? It is very early in the morning and I will go soon, I have to be up at a reasonable time, so that means I will get about 7 hours sleep, which isn't too bad.

Oh best tell you this, my brother told me that if you sleep facing upwards, you are more than likely to have a sleep paralysis, so in most cases avoid sleeping facing upwards. Stress and bad sleep patterns, he said, also cause sleep paralysis.

I am not too sure about that, in most cases when it happens to me I am on my side. I am rarely stressed and I don't have much of a fixed sleeping pattern anyway.

However I don't believe so much that they are simply to do with science. Although you may be able to explain it so far with the tool of science, I have heard a few cases where people have gotten rid of certain things in their house which are ungody. For example, a Dungons and Dragons set of some kind, he said as he was about to biurn the lot, "Have you trash back Satan!" He didn't have a great nights sleep. Then a boy who really liked Pokemon cards, his mum got rid of them but one he secretly kept. That night he didn't sleep in peace. I also got rid or at least removed from my wall a post card of the alien version of the Mona Lisa and that same night I had a sleep paralysis, well a visitation of a spirit, I felt an evilness in the room...

So by getting rid of ungodly items you earn yourself an evil manifestation. How stupid. Well I am keeping my D&D stuff anyway.

Oh, what the heck just happened, I was alseep, did I just type that out? My word, evolution must be true, everyone else is in bed, alseep! So I could have been the only person who typed this out, but I was alseep. I am totally startled!!!!

I think you are high.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 12:09:46 AM
At 6/3/2010 9:21:38 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Kindly enlighten me.

Sleep paralysis is a strange sleep state. You are probably best double checking on Wikipedia but it is something like, you wake up or at least become lucid/concious (though I find the degree of lucidity does vary), but you are still in REM sleep, and your body is paralysed as it naturally should be. You tend to hallucinate certain things but people differ.

I normally get the feeling akin to something sitting on my legs or groin. The sensation of a presence in the room. Some people will see creatures or suffer worse visions so it is suggested as a possible source of the incubi/succubi/night hag/alien abduction myth, or stories of people being raped by Ghosts.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 4:15:04 AM
: At 6/4/2010 12:09:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Kindly enlighten me.

Sleep paralysis is a strange sleep state. You are probably best double checking on Wikipedia but it is something like, you wake up or at least become lucid/concious (though I find the degree of lucidity does vary), but you are still in REM sleep, and your body is paralysed as it naturally should be. You tend to hallucinate certain things but people differ.

I normally get the feeling akin to something sitting on my legs or groin. The sensation of a presence in the room. Some people will see creatures or suffer worse visions so it is suggested as a possible source of the incubi/succubi/night hag/alien abduction myth, or stories of people being raped by Ghosts.

For goodness sake, if I were to do a forum on sleep paralysis, I would. But this isn 't that forum. Do none of you get what I am trying to get arcoss?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 10:22:07 AM
You're making no sense. None of your stories do. Especially the ones about evolution.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:23:23 AM
At 6/4/2010 4:15:04 AM, GodSands wrote:

Kindly enlighten me.

For goodness sake, if I were to do a forum on sleep paralysis, I would. But this isn 't that forum. Do none of you get what I am trying to get arcoss?

What you are trying to get across is discredited gibberish beneath the concern of the good denizens of this board. I have hijacked the thread into something almost worthwhile. You should be thanking me, or keeping silent.

Welcome back!
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 12:32:32 PM
: At 6/4/2010 11:23:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Kindly enlighten me.

What you are trying to get across is discredited gibberish beneath the concern of the good denizens of this board. I have hijacked the thread into something almost worthwhile. You should be thanking me, or keeping silent.

Welcome back!

No, the topic of sleep paralysis was a totally random topic, I could have typed about anything. The point I am trying to get across here, is that the chances of my typing sense when asleep is close, if not impossible, aspecially with the amount I tpyed. But I did type so much, so evolution has been proven. Right? No?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 12:39:04 PM
At 6/4/2010 12:32:32 PM, GodSands wrote:

Kindly enlighten me.

Welcome back!

No, the topic of sleep paralysis was a totally random topic, I could have typed about anything. The point I am trying to get across here, is that the chances of my typing sense when asleep is close, if not impossible, aspecially with the amount I tpyed. But I did type so much, so evolution has been proven. Right? No?

Do you want me to teach you about evolution yes/no.

This thread is now about sleep paralysis.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 12:59:40 PM
: At 6/4/2010 12:39:04 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Kindly enlighten me.

Welcome back!

No it isn't, go make your own forum on sleep paralysis. And I have heard it a hundred times the teaching on evolution. Please distingish the difference between me typing what I did when alseep and the process of evolution. Where is the concept change? Evolution created intelligence, and so did I by typing that when I was asleep.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 1:08:46 PM
To more accurately simulate evolution try this:

1. Look at a passage of text
2. Randomly type a character into your computer.
3. If the character matches with the passage, keep it and go back to step 2. If it doesn't, delete the character and go back to step 2.
4. After a while, depending on how long the passage is, you will have the passage typed out perfectly.

In this analogy,

Random typing of character = random mutation + reproduction.
Choosing to delete or not = natural selection.
Passage = environment to adapt to.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 1:43:00 PM
At 6/4/2010 1:08:46 PM, Kinesis wrote:

3. If the character matches with the passage, keep it and go back to step 2. If it doesn't, delete the character and go back to step 2.
4. After a while, depending on how long the passage is, you will have the passage typed out perfectly.

In this analogy,

I love you
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 2:42:14 PM
: At 6/4/2010 1:08:46 PM, Kinesis wrote:

In this analogy,

There is a problem here, what in your analogy is the text I am copying in the theory of evolution? Some kind of guidence right?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 2:45:32 PM
At 6/4/2010 2:42:14 PM, GodSands wrote:

In this analogy,

There is a problem here, what in your analogy is the text I am copying in the theory of evolution? Some kind of guidence right?

The text you are copying is the environment to adapt to. He already has that down.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 3:07:17 PM
: At 6/4/2010 2:45:32 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

In this analogy,

The text you are copying is the environment to adapt to. He already has that down.

Umm, seems understandable. But that would allow an animal to evolve into the environment, and that's just plan stupid. If so distingish the difference in the text between environment and the animal kingdom. Because right now, there is no difference in your analogy, when in reality there is a massive diffierence between them both.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:25:06 PM
At 6/4/2010 12:59:40 PM, GodSands wrote:

Kindly enlighten me.

Welcome back!

No it isn't, go make your own forum on sleep paralysis. And I have heard it a hundred times the teaching on evolution.

Yes but you have never had the humility to actually listen and understand. Do you want me to teach you about evolution so that you can learn why your analogy is false?

Please distingish the difference between me typing what I did when alseep and the process of evolution. Where is the concept change? Evolution created intelligence, and so did I by typing that when I was asleep.

Please this thread is about sleep paralysis, do not derail it.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:27:17 PM
At 6/4/2010 3:07:17 PM, GodSands wrote:

In this analogy,

Umm, seems understandable. But that would allow an animal to evolve into the environment, and that's just plan stupid. If so distingish the difference in the text between environment and the animal kingdom. Because right now, there is no difference in your analogy, when in reality there is a massive diffierence between them both.

What is it that you are trying to say, how can you not grasp the simplest of concepts.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:36:45 AM
: At 6/4/2010 11:25:06 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/4/2010 12:59:40 PM, GodSands wrote:

Kindly enlighten me.

Welcome back!

No it isn't, go make your own forum on sleep paralysis. And I have heard it a hundred times the teaching on evolution.

Yes but you have never had the humility to actually listen and understand. Do you want me to teach you about evolution so that you can learn why your analogy is false?

Please distingish the difference between me typing what I did when alseep and the process of evolution. Where is the concept change? Evolution created intelligence, and so did I by typing that when I was asleep.

Please this thread is about sleep paralysis, do not derail it.

Because of your age of 31, you may teach me about evolution. Not saying because of your age you are a good teacher, but it is more of the respect factor more than anything else.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:58:17 AM
At 6/4/2010 11:27:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

In this analogy,

What is it that you are trying to say, how can you not grasp the simplest of concepts.

No no, he's absolutely right. The analogy is imperfect.

But the fact that in this analogy the animal ends up mimicking the environment isn't the point. The point of the analogy is that if you introduce variation and selective pressure, order will spontaneously arise out of randomness.

The reason typing randomly to get ordered information fails is because it doesn't have selective pressure/natural selection, which is one of the main tenants of evolution.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 6:53:30 AM
: At 6/5/2010 2:58:17 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 6/4/2010 11:27:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

In this analogy,

There is a problem here, what in your analogy is the text I am copying in the theory of evolution? Some kind of guidance right?

Umm, seems understandable. But that would allow an animal to evolve into the environment, and that's just plan stupid. If so distinguish the difference in the text between environment and the animal kingdom. Because right now, there is no difference in your analogy, when in reality there is a massive difference between them both.

But the fact that in this analogy the animal ends up mimicking the environment isn't the point. The point of the analogy is that if you introduce variation and selective pressure, order will spontaneously arise out of randomness.

The reason typing randomly to get ordered information fails is because it doesn't have selective pressure/natural selection, which is one of the main tenants of evolution.

There is still an major problem. Any life is intelligently developed according to evolution, so even the most un-developed piece of bacteria is still a smart and intelligent work of biology. So in this case the anaolgy fails. Because there must have been a point where the analogy of someone pressing keys and clicking the mouse randomly had to have also kicked started the whole process of evolution. Since there was nothing alive to develop to the environment, it had to be a working mirical. That is a factual concept which you cannot deny.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 7:01:45 AM
At 6/5/2010 6:53:30 AM, GodSands wrote:

There is still an major problem. Any life is intelligently developed according to evolution, so even the most un-developed piece of bacteria is still a smart and intelligent work of biology. So in this case the anaolgy fails. Because there must have been a point where the analogy of someone pressing keys and clicking the mouse randomly had to have also kicked started the whole process of evolution. Since there was nothing alive to develop to the environment, it had to be a working mirical. That is a factual concept which you cannot deny.

At this point, I'm not sure we're still talking about evolution. You're talking about abiogenesis and cosmology, right?

The generation of the first life-form, and the development of primordial Earth?

Because we can talk about those things, but be aware that we've wandered off the topic of evolution.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 7:28:33 AM
: At 6/5/2010 7:01:45 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 6/5/2010 6:53:30 AM, GodSands wrote:

At this point, I'm not sure we're still talking about evolution. You're talking about abiogenesis and cosmology, right?

The generation of the first life-form, and the development of primordial Earth?

Because we can talk about those things, but be aware that we've wandered off the topic of evolution.

Well from what I am concerned, if we cannot see how life began, scientifically, then evolution of macro scale has failed for me. Things don't just appear from thin air from thin air. But my analogy could even have it's place among a developed species. If a creature were to adapt and over millions of years evolve from one species to another (whale to a tree climbing monkey), instead of improving what the species already has, the species to evolve and change must remove what it already has, for example the fins. Since if it did not remove it, but rather just adapt into webbed feet, you would be able to see a mix of fin and webbed foot. But if it removed the fin over millions of years, and then adapted a set of webbed feet there would be no fault. However you will probably say, "What appears to be webbed feet are actually a mix of webbed feet and fins." But that cannot be right, a mix would be partly fin which would be clearly seen coming out almost of the webbed foot.

So for my analogy, for bran new information, and instead of improvement which would be more sufficient (micro evolution) the species as a whole would have to develop something new from scratch. And that is where the random pressing the keys and clicking of the mouse come into play.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 7:34:56 AM
Are you arguing that species cannot evolve new features because they would be stuck at a useless intermediate stage?

That's uh...the feeling I'm getting from your post, but you tend to over-elaborate a little too much.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 8:15:56 AM
: At 6/5/2010 7:34:56 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Are you arguing that species cannot evolve new features because they would be stuck at a useless intermediate stage?

That's uh...the feeling I'm getting from your post, but you tend to over-elaborate a little too much.

Well yes, but of course the positive mutation will come into your reasoning. But if that is the case, then what kick started the information for the new feature? Instead of improvement on what there already is, there is a 'macro improvement' which has to over come the issue of removing the current able to improve on what is already there as a whole species. In short, there is little between this and a miracle. Water to wine, all this is, is that applying the same priciple to the self.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 8:17:43 AM
: At 6/5/2010 7:34:56 AM, Kinesis wrote:

Well yes, but of course the positive mutation will come into your reasoning. But if that is the case, then what kick started the information for the new feature? Instead of improvement on what there already is, there is a 'macro improvement' which has to over come the issue of removing the current ability to improve on what is already there as a whole in the species. In short, there is little between this and a miracle. Water to wine, all this is, is that applying the same priciple to the self.