Jump to topic:

Senior Schedule ... HELP

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 5:36:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
For the last three years of high school, I've been in competition with another person for the number one rank in the class.

Freshman and Sophomore year was fine. We were both in the same exact classes, but I had an upper level math class. Our GPA's were the same, so we were tied in the rankings.

Junior year, due to my upper level math, the school counselor was unable to put me in AP Chemistry. I was forced to take an honors class in its place, and an honors English course instead of AP. (I assumed I'd have AP Chemistry, so I wouldn't have to take AP English.) At the end of the year, we are at the same position; tied for number one. (Unless I received a poor mark on my Physics final.)

Senior year, the counselors are unable to put me in most of my class. My competitor is taking a 6.0 Religion class, while I can only be fit into a 4.0 Religion class. The counselors cannot place me in a 6.0 Journalism class, so I am forced to take a 4.0 Psychology class. My GPA is going to take a heavy hit, while my competitor received all of the classes she wanted. (Essentially, all of them are 6.0)
The position I have KILLED myself over for three years is going down the drain, and I may be pushed several more places down the list, possibly close to getting pushed out of the top 10%.

We've talked to the counselors, and they can't do anything. They're making me take a Virtual Classroom AP Calculus BC class that takes place during the math class I took last year. They can't give me anything that can allow me to fight to keep my number one spot.

Any suggestions? Help?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 5:46:51 PM
At 6/8/2010 5:45:23 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
6.0?

How is that possible?

4.0 = Regular class

5.0 = Honors class

6.0 = AP / DE class

Each class gets its own credit, then we average it.
nickthengineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 5:48:47 PM
If at all possible, take ALL OF THE EXACT SAME CLASSES AS HER. Should be possible, unless your school has different sections of gym for guys and girls or something like that that would mess you up. Even if she is taking some classes that you don't care for, decide what is more important to you. Being in every single one of her classes (i.e. the same periods) should clear up the problem.
I evolved from stupid. (http://www.debate.org...)
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 5:50:13 PM
At 6/8/2010 5:48:47 PM, nickthengineer wrote:
If at all possible, take ALL OF THE EXACT SAME CLASSES AS HER. Should be possible, unless your school has different sections of gym for guys and girls or something like that that would mess you up. Even if she is taking some classes that you don't care for, decide what is more important to you. Being in every single one of her classes (i.e. the same periods) should clear up the problem.

I have an upper level math class, and the sciences are mixed up. (I couldn't take Chem last year, so I take it this year. I had to take Physics in its place. My competitor already took Chem, so now she's taking Bio. She's also taking Physics this year.)

The schedules are too unsimilar apparently.
nickthengineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 5:55:32 PM
At 6/8/2010 5:50:13 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/8/2010 5:48:47 PM, nickthengineer wrote:

I have an upper level math class, and the sciences are mixed up. (I couldn't take Chem last year, so I take it this year. I had to take Physics in its place. My competitor already took Chem, so now she's taking Bio. She's also taking Physics this year.)

The schedules are too unsimilar apparently.

Gotcha. I know a guy who took every advanced and AP class available and got a 4.0 for all of highschool but didnt get valedictorian. There was a girl who did the same exact thing as him but she got valedictorian because her senior year she took some lame business math class or something and he took a calc class from a local college because he was out of math classes to take, so they both had a 4.0 but she had more high school credits because he decided to take a college class and she didnt. Lame. Sorry dude, life isn't fair (and it get's more unfair after highschool unfortunately).
I evolved from stupid. (http://www.debate.org...)
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:02:20 PM
At 6/8/2010 5:46:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
5.0 = Honors class

6.0 = AP / DE class

Huh... schools in California make AP and DEs 5.0, also.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:02:23 PM
Have you considered "convincing" her to drop out?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:03:39 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:02:23 PM, Reasoning wrote:

I had a plan where I would date her for a while and kind of "manipulate" her, but she's a) nice and b) I don't like dating.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:07:04 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:03:39 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

I had a plan where I would date her for a while and kind of "manipulate" her, but she's a) nice and b) I don't like dating.

Ah, you're gay.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:07:18 PM

c) No one would ever date you.

^More plausible explanation.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:09:24 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:07:18 PM, Nags wrote:

c) No one would ever date you.

^More plausible explanation.

Actually, no. Believe it or not, I've had girls crush on me before. I'm just not the type who feels the need to pursue a relationship.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:09:38 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:07:04 PM, Reasoning wrote:

Ah, you're gay.

Ah, that's poor reasoning.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:11:20 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:09:24 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Actually, no. Believe it or not, I've had girls crush on me before. I'm just not the type who feels the need to pursue a relationship.

I don't believe it.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:14:18 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:11:20 PM, Nags wrote:

I don't believe it.

I can't prove it to you (obviously), but I really am telling you the truth. You can choose to believe me or not, but I know this is what has happened. (Because I have first-hand experience, obviously.)

I like how in these recent threads, you've come to insult me by saying (unreasonably) that no one would have "feelings" for me or I have never been "intimate" with someone. It seems like you're insecure or just trying to cover up for something else...

Why does it seem you're so interested in my sexuality and relational life? I'm sorry, but I'm into girls, not internet guys in Massachusetts.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:15:42 PM
At 6/8/2010 5:36:15 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
They can't give me anything that can allow me to fight to keep my number one spot.

Any suggestions? Help?

I think you answered your own question. That's one (of many) reasons why I didn't try for valedictorian.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:17:21 PM
And I doubt it'll help much, but I thought it'd be worth saying. That lemonade's gonna taste like sh1t if life doesn't give you water and sugar, too.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:17:50 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:14:18 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I'm an internet tough guy. This is my picture: http://miltownkid.files.wordpress.com.... I f*ck mad chicks. I'm asexual btw.

Cool.

Why does it seem you're so interested in my sexuality and relational life? I'm sorry, but I'm into girls, not internet guys in Massachusetts.

So I take it you're interested in internet guys from other states?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:18:51 PM

I don't believe it.

is it because girls don't like you that you find it so hard to believe they might like someone else?
signature
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:19:50 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:17:50 PM, Nags wrote:
At 6/8/2010 6:14:18 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I'm an internet tough guy. This is my picture: http://miltownkid.files.wordpress.com.... I f*ck mad chicks. I'm asexual btw.
I'm not asexual, I am apathetic. I don't know why it's so hard for you guys to accept that a teenage guy can be apathetic.
I don't look like that at all. I also don't know too much about computers.

Cool.

So I take it you're interested in internet guys from other states?
No. I am straight, and I don't believe in long distant relationships ;) (That was a joke.)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:20:16 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:18:51 PM, badger wrote:

I don't believe it.

is it because girls don't like you that you find it so hard to believe they might like someone else?

should've kept reading. sac wrecked you.
signature
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:20:17 PM

I don't believe it.

Ha! 10/10
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:20:40 PM

Nice grammar. Anyway, no. It's mostly the fact that he's had multiple threads on his depression and other nonsense and about how he's asexual. Basically, he's a watered down attention whore a la Freedo.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:20:53 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:20:16 PM, badger wrote:

I don't believe it.

should've kept reading. sac wrecked you.

Thanks.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:21:18 PM
At 6/8/2010 5:36:15 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

We've talked to the counselors, and they can't do anything. They're making me take a Virtual Classroom AP Calculus BC class that takes place during the math class I took last year. They can't give me anything that can allow me to fight to keep my number one spot.

Any suggestions? Help?

Threaten to sue.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:21:49 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:19:50 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I'm not asexual, I am apathetic.

You're apathetic to what exactly?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:22:46 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:20:53 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Thanks.

You must feel proud being congratulated by the adult irishman who is constantly high or drunk.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:23:05 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:20:40 PM, Nags wrote:

Nice grammar. Anyway, no. It's mostly the fact that he's had multiple threads on his depression and other nonsense and about how he's asexual. Basically, he's a watered down attention whore a la Freedo.

No. First of all, after Volkov's explanation about asexuality, I realize that I am apathetic, not asexual.

Second of all, I am certainly not an attention whore. I don't want attention in real life, and certainly not on here. Why would I want you constantly arguing your bullcrap with me? Oh wait, you pretty much do that already.

I battle with depression. So what? I haven't brought up depression in a while.

The only reason you try to insult me or criticize me is because you're juvenile, insecure, and have nothing better to do.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:25:08 PM
At 6/8/2010 6:23:05 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
No. First of all, after Volkov's explanation about asexuality, I realize that I am apathetic, not asexual.

Apathetic about what?

Second of all, I am certainly not an attention whore. I don't want attention in real life, and certainly not on here. Why would I want you constantly arguing your bullcrap with me? Oh wait, you pretty much do that already.

More like: you don't get attention in real life, so you try to get it here.

I battle with depression. So what? I haven't brought up depression in a while.

Check.

The only reason you try to insult me or criticize me is because you're juvenile, insecure, and have nothing better to do.

Unfounded.