Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 12:35:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/9/2010 12:31:24 PM, GodSands wrote:
Not joking man. Prove me wrong.

You should try proving your assertions first, GodSands. Here, follow my lead:

GodSands is a delusional nutbar. How is he a delusional nutbar? Well, despite being told dozens of times, in painstaking detail, about several concepts such as evolution, carbon dating and geology, he still refuses to acknowledge that anyone else has a better idea of these subjects than he, he who doesn't know what macro-evolution actually refers to.

Also note that he came back after a hiatus, of which he claimed he never did any of the things he said he would do, or that he even said them. This makes me wonder about his state of mental health.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 12:38:02 PM
Christians think that there's a man in the sky who based on actions which have absolutely no effect on him will decide whether you burn for life or live in a flowery world for life. Furthermore, God works in ineffective ways, only popping down once every so often to revel his son as a prophet and then hiding for 2,000 or so years. As well, let's not forget that in spite of huge mounds of evidence longer than my arms, creationist still think the world is a mere 6,000 years old (Hell, civilizations are around longer than that), and that Noah was a picky person because marsupials and monomers just had to live on just one giant island. Also, they actually have no real motive for God to create a universe, much less one with humans.

And if you do believe in all the the above things, I would say you are delusional.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 12:40:16 PM
At 6/9/2010 12:38:02 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
creationist still think the world is a mere 6,000 years old (Hell, civilizations are around longer than that)
Young Earth Creationists, not all.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 12:43:45 PM
Why is this in the education forum? Shouldn't it be in religion? Oh wait, maybe Godsands is trying to "educate" people about how delusional Atheists are. xD
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 12:46:56 PM
At 6/9/2010 12:35:24 PM, Volkov wrote:

GodSands is a delusional nutbar. How is he a delusional nutbar? Well, despite being told dozens of times, in painstaking detail, about several concepts such as evolution, carbon dating and geology, he still refuses to acknowledge that anyone else has a better idea of these subjects than he, he who doesn't know what macro-evolution actually refers to.

Also note that he came back after a hiatus, of which he claimed he never did any of the things he said he would do, or that he even said them. This makes me wonder about his state of mental health.

i admire his faith. he'll cave eventually though.
signature
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 12:50:46 PM
At 6/9/2010 12:40:16 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/9/2010 12:38:02 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
creationist still think the world is a mere 6,000 years old (Hell, civilizations are around longer than that)
Young Earth Creationists, not all.

Yeah, I recognise that
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 1:38:19 PM
At 6/9/2010 1:27:18 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 6/9/2010 12:22:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists are totally delusional, begin.

Begin what?

you're attack on him.
signature
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 1:40:48 PM
At 6/9/2010 1:38:19 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/9/2010 1:27:18 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 6/9/2010 12:22:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists are totally delusional, begin.

Begin what?

you're attack on him.

So what, he's basically mooning the atheists on this site and expecting them to kick off?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 3:51:07 PM
: At 6/9/2010 1:12:54 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Godsands, watch:

Really, really? 30 odd minutes of that? Can you at leat be sufficient in your choosing?

I will make my claim on why atheists are totally wrong, just not now.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 3:59:40 PM
At 6/9/2010 3:51:07 PM, GodSands wrote:
Really, really? 30 odd minutes of that? Can you at leat be sufficient in your choosing?

Better than anything you could ever bring up.

I will make my claim on why atheists are totally wrong, just not now.

Oh, I can't wait.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 4:04:50 PM

GodSands is a delusional nutbar. How is he a delusional nutbar? Well, despite being told dozens of times, in painstaking detail, about several concepts such as evolution, carbon dating and geology....

you think Carbon dating proves anything about god,..... or science for that matter

perhaps you meant the geologic column and index fossils, witch is what is actually used to make up dates for fossils. but I doubt you would want to admit to getting date for fossils by such circular reasoning.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 12:49:48 AM
At 6/9/2010 4:04:50 PM, Marauder wrote:
you think Carbon dating proves anything about god,..... or science for that matter

perhaps you meant the geologic column and index fossils, witch is what is actually used to make up dates for fossils. but I doubt you would want to admit to getting date for fossils by such circular reasoning.

Kent Hovind...
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 12:57:31 AM

GodSands is a delusional nutbar. How is he a delusional nutbar? Well, despite being told dozens of times, in painstaking detail, about several concepts such as evolution, carbon dating and geology....

no he means carbon dating. where they take a sample of carbon-14 and measure its rate of decay in the lab and then compare the relative quantities of different isotopes of carbon in fossils to determine how old they are. no circular reasoning required.

also i agree with kenesis-

...kent hovind?

i bet you aristotle could teach you more about science... and he believed that the earth couldn't possibly move because if it did the birds would be left behind :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 10:39:55 AM

Kent hovind is not a reliable source
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 10:42:13 AM
So much stupid.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 1:51:44 PM
At 6/9/2010 3:51:07 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 6/9/2010 1:12:54 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Godsands, watch:

I was. I could have given you ten. You couldn't spend a better 30 minutes in your life, trust me.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 5:25:26 PM
Kent Hovind= Your average, everyday spokesperson/preacher of creationism.
When put like that, it kinda makes you wonder how anyone believes in creationism.
I miss the old members.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 10:03:58 PM
Atheists are not delusional.
They are lost that is all. They need Christ.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 11:39:55 PM
"...they need christ." i've found that christians, on average, "need christ" just as often as non-christians. christians worry so much about "accepting jesus" in the metaphysical sense that they make very little effort to emulate the man.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 12:01:18 AM
At 6/11/2010 11:39:55 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
"...they need christ." i've found that christians, on average, "need christ" just as often as non-christians. christians worry so much about "accepting jesus" in the metaphysical sense that they make very little effort to emulate the man.

A lot of them seem to act as though accepting Christ gives them a license to sin, as Jesus simply wipes the slate clean. They rather forget all the laws they are meant to follow.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 8:18:46 AM
Do you think Jesus would have known that most of the people who would be using his name as a banner would be doing so nearly totally in vain?
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 8:27:57 AM
@belle:
I know he ment cabon dating for real, I was mocking his considering that to be a solid age proving sceince. Index Fossl's is how stuff is actually dated.

Carbon Dating is not feasible to ever have accuracy because of the equilibrium problem hovind explains. And his point about the assumptions involved is valid. A living snail was once actually tested by carbon dating and it came out to be billions of years old.

@I-am-a-panda:
thats a ad-homid fallacy. it is not false because Hovind says it too. that would be like saying the VT massacre was not tragic because Bush said it was tragic and he is not very bright. try refuting the content of the video rather than mock the man in it.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 8:28:54 AM
At 6/11/2010 10:42:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
So much stupid.

troll

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 8:31:02 AM
At 6/11/2010 5:25:26 PM, Atheism wrote:
Kent Hovind= Your average, everyday spokesperson/preacher of creationism.
When put like that, it kinda makes you wonder how anyone believes in creationism.

theres nothing wrong with Kent Hovind besides the fact that he cheats on his tax's. He speaks in a clear and plain manner, and people respond positively to that.

A Scout is Obedient.