Jump to topic:

Higher Ed

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 4:46:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I want to do a debate on ways to reform higher ed in the U.S. (or you can argue to maintain the status quo). If interested, post a brief description of changes you'd like to see made or standards you'd like to see set. For example, right now nearly 40% of working aged people have a college degree. If you think that number should be significantly higher, say so. Or if you think college should be "free" and is a right as per Germany's standards, lemme know. If I find a good answer I disagree with I'll send you a challenge (if you indicate you wanna debate) with my proposal for higher ed reform and we can debate it.
President of DDO
Josh_debate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 11:34:30 AM
At 1/6/2015 4:46:22 PM, Danielle wrote:
I want to do a debate on ways to reform higher ed in the U.S. (or you can argue to maintain the status quo). If interested, post a brief description of changes you'd like to see made or standards you'd like to see set. For example, right now nearly 40% of working aged people have a college degree. If you think that number should be significantly higher, say so. Or if you think college should be "free" and is a right as per Germany's standards, lemme know. If I find a good answer I disagree with I'll send you a challenge (if you indicate you wanna debate) with my proposal for higher ed reform and we can debate it.

I don't thing education should be free, or a right.
RAScasting
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 7:06:00 PM
Sex Education Debate!

I am looking for people both pro and con to talk about guns in/around schools. I am helping to cast a series and on the topics is teachers having or arming themselves with guns. Given the above, I would like to hear more about your perspective. Any help would be great and I am happy to email our show information, etc. Email: myPOVcasting at gmail dot com. Best, Rachel
RAScasting
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 7:06:36 PM
Guns in Schools Debate!

I am looking for people both pro and con to talk about guns in/around schools. I am helping to cast a series and on the topics is teachers having or arming themselves with guns. Given the above, I would like to hear more about your perspective. Any help would be great and I am happy to email our show information, etc. Email: myPOVcasting at gmail dot com. Best, Rachel
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:49:26 PM
An education system dominated entirely by a single ideology is not an education system but an indoctrination system. The education system lacks diversity in the single most important and only meaningful aspect of the term diversity. Diverse minds and diverse thinking. The education system can be described akin to the KKK when it comes diversity in thinking.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 9:27:10 PM

Are you referring to any college program as 'higher education', or just university education (I don't know if that's differentiated in the US like it is elsewhere), or just graduate school?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:22:36 PM

I saw a fantastic Ted Talk on reforming the educational system. It doesn't focus on higher ed specifically, but maybe it'll provide you with some ammo for the debate.

Actually, it was an RSA animate video, but I think the original speech was had at a Ted Talk.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...