Jump to topic:

Who wants to help me pick a course?

MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 2:24:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So in my program I get a limited number of elective courses that I can take towards my degree as most of my courses are chosen for me. For the academic term following the one I'm currently in, I get to choose 1 course on top of the ones that have already been selected for me (Yaaay!).

The way it works is that the elective courses I can take must be chosen from 4 lists, ordered A to D. As it stands I need 1 more course from each of lists A, C, and D before I graduate. So if any of you are bored enough to take a look and possibly make suggestions as to what sounds interesting, that would be sexy.

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca... :)
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 2:40:03 PM
You're doing engineering, correct?

A:

ECE 390 - Engineering Design, Economics, and Impact on Society
SOC 232 - Technology and Social Change

I think the first would be most interesting.

C:

Planning (PLAN) - 100
General Engineering (GENE) - 412
Management Sciences (MSCI) - 211, 311

This all seem relevant to enginerring.

D:

Mechanical Engineering (ME) - 401
General Engineering (GENE) - 315, 411, 415
Environmental Engineering (ENVE) - 391

Personally, environmental engineering sounds interesting.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 2:42:25 PM
At 6/27/2010 2:24:30 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
So in my program I get a limited number of elective courses that I can take towards my degree as most of my courses are chosen for me. For the academic term following the one I'm currently in, I get to choose 1 course on top of the ones that have already been selected for me (Yaaay!).

The way it works is that the elective courses I can take must be chosen from 4 lists, ordered A to D. As it stands I need 1 more course from each of lists A, C, and D before I graduate. So if any of you are bored enough to take a look and possibly make suggestions as to what sounds interesting, that would be sexy.

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca... :)

Do you need to increase your grade average? How far along are you and how are your grades?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 2:43:59 PM
Take an Economics or Poli Sci course, you have a bunch to choose from.

Panda, why would you recommend engineering electives when he can choose anything he wants basically?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 2:44:38 PM
At 6/27/2010 2:43:59 PM, Nags wrote:
Take an Economics or Poli Sci course, you have a bunch to choose from.

Panda, why would you recommend engineering electives when he can choose anything he wants basically?

Because it is relevant to his overall degree. He'll be a better engineer if he takes engineering based electives.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 3:08:57 PM
At 6/27/2010 2:42:25 PM, innomen wrote:
Do you need to increase your grade average? How far along are you and how are your grades?

I'm in 3rd year (of a 4 year program) and my grades are fairly mediocre. I'm not all that interested in choosing a course solely for the purpose of bringing up my average since I've yet to come close to failing a course.

@Nags, I've taken one macroeconomics course so far (which was pretty f*cking boring because our prof was basically useless) so Poli Sci sounds like a pretty good idea.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 3:19:27 PM
At 6/27/2010 3:08:57 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/27/2010 2:42:25 PM, innomen wrote:

I'm in 3rd year (of a 4 year program) and my grades are fairly mediocre. I'm not all that interested in choosing a course solely for the purpose of bringing up my average since I've yet to come close to failing a course.

@Nags, I've taken one macroeconomics course so far (which was pretty f*cking boring because our prof was basically useless) so Poli Sci sounds like a pretty good idea.

Any comparative public policy or government class is useful. I spent years studying something completely useless to me now. Government and business is also good.