Jump to topic:

Another one of my thoughts...

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:19:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It is typical and also common on this site to see people write, "There is no God, end of discussion!" Ok, maybe I went a little over the top there but we ALL get the picture.

But as I was on my way home I again was looking out for a UFO, as some of you may remember me telling you guys that I saw a strange object in the nights sky, now coming up to 3 weeks ago. Since then I have seen it again, however...

I thought, instead of denying that the object is a space craft that isn't man made, reason to yourself and say it is a non-human made space craft. But you don't just reason that the object is a non-human made craft for no reason at all, you reason that it is so that if something else crops up larger and more mysterious than the UFO phenomenon you won't look like the silly one.

This all sounds quite stupid, but it is true. Now lets talk God.

If God is real then atheists are wrong 100%, end of discussion. The fact that atheism and those who believe it deny the existence of God is because they expect something bigger or better. Goodness, what a miracle, life in general. We're born then we grow up and die, but without God, what a great and awesome phenomenon. I can just see that 'scientists' and atheists are drowning themselves in trashy fuzz of abstractions to explain everything. Where the universe came from etc... It is clear that whatever created everything (it could be anything, pink unicorn perhaps?) clearly does not want anyone to know about it, of course I am speaking in metaphors, but seriously, atheists give in. Face it, truth will never, ever come your way. Enjoy yourself if you want to go that way and stop worrying about pointless questions, get on with your life's, your be dead before you know it and then you will enter oblivion, right...Right?

Can there be anything greater than God, please anyone tell me, if you convince me, then you have reason to search out such questions.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:24:33 PM
At 7/5/2010 6:19:53 PM, GodSands wrote:

Can there be anything greater than God, please anyone tell me, if you convince me, then you have reason to search out such questions.

Truth?

GodSands, are you talking about Pascal's Wager? That we should believe there's a God just in case there really is? *facepalm* Anyway, in case you haven't noticed, religion is responsible for many atrocities; pretending there's a God can be harmful. These rants are getting boring -- so far your conversion rate is zero, and you can't seem to fathom why Atheists will not just accept a make believe concept.
President of DDO
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:27:55 PM
The fact that atheism and those who believe it deny the existence of God is because they expect something bigger or better.

or, y'know, cause theres no evidence. do you ever make sense, btw?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:34:09 PM
: At 7/5/2010 6:24:33 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Truth?

GodSands, are you talking about Pascal's Wager? That we should believe there's a God just in case there really is? *facepalm* Anyway, in case you haven't noticed, religion is responsible for many atrocities; pretending there's a God can be harmful. These rants are getting boring -- so far your conversion rate is zero, and you can't seem to fathom why Atheists will not just accept a make believe concept.

If there is no truth, there is no atheism no nothing, so why question mark truth? Wars, the largest was caused by Hitler who was inspiried by darwinain evolution. And then there were 'holy wars' which were totally stupid. "You should believe in our God or prepare to die!" That sentance sums it up, if for example an army overwhelmed another and the smaller army waved the white flag and believed in their God, where is the convertion in that, they aren't being converted but rather they want to live. And if there were real converts, who are convicted hence converts, why would they want to fight? Anyway according to you God doesn't exist, so God is just apart of evolution, so it evolutions fault or better put, our fault, not God's.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:36:17 PM
: At 7/5/2010 6:27:55 PM, belle wrote:
The fact that atheism and those who believe it deny the existence of God is because they expect something bigger or better.

No evidence for God, or that your right?
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:38:08 PM
So...your reasoning that god exists came out to "god exists, face it, god not existing is lame"?

What kind of reasoning is that?
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:39:06 PM
At 7/5/2010 6:34:09 PM, GodSands wrote:
If there is no truth, there is no atheism no nothing, so why question mark truth?

I never said there wasn't truth. I said searching for the truth is better than searching for God. If you believe that God = Truth then you believe we're searching for the same thing :p

Wars, the largest was caused by Hitler who was inspiried by darwinain evolution.

Lmfao. FAIL. This is not only incredibly ignorant (read your history... seriously) but incredibly hypocritical considering all of the wars that were fought in the name of your God lol which while you mentioned were stupid, so was Hitler's :p
President of DDO
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:39:10 PM
At 7/5/2010 6:36:17 PM, GodSands wrote:

Oh, come on. Use that head of yours, it's not very difficult to figure out what she meant, unless that was the world's worst comeback. Hard to tell with you.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:41:15 PM
: At 7/5/2010 6:38:08 PM, Yvette wrote:
So...your reasoning that god exists came out to "god exists, face it, god not existing is lame"?

What kind of reasoning is that?

Didn't say that. Did I?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:46:07 PM
: At 7/5/2010 6:39:06 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 7/5/2010 6:34:09 PM, GodSands wrote:
If there is no truth, there is no atheism no nothing, so why question mark truth?

I never said there wasn't truth. I said searching for the truth is better than searching for God. If you believe that God = Truth then you believe we're searching for the same thing :p

Wars, the largest was caused by Hitler who was inspiried by darwinain evolution.

Lmfao. FAIL. This is not only incredibly ignorant (read your history... seriously) but incredibly hypocritical considering all of the wars that were fought in the name of your God lol which while you mentioned were stupid, so was Hitler's :p

No, really Hitler was inpiried by Darwinian evolution - http://www.straight-talk.net...

If there is no God, evolution caused man to start wars. If God is real, man used God as an excuse to fight for a reason.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 6:53:01 PM
: At 7/5/2010 6:39:10 PM, Yvette wrote:

Oh, come on. Use that head of yours, it's not very difficult to figure out what she meant, unless that was the world's worst comeback. Hard to tell with you.

I know what she meant, but an absence of evidence (some times referred as a misinterpreted evidence for something untrue) isn't evidence for the absence of God's existence. By saying there is no evidence, does not prove otherwise. But if she said, because there is evidence otherwise. Then that would create an absence of God. And indeed I would like to see this evidence of there be absolutely no possibility of God existing.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:00:23 PM
It is typical and also common on this site to see people write, "There is no God, end of discussion!" Ok, maybe I went a little over the top there but we ALL get the picture.

But as I was on my way home I again was looking out for a UFO, as some of you may remember me telling you guys that I saw a strange object in the nights sky, now coming up to 3 weeks ago. Since then I have seen it again, however...

I thought, instead of denying that the object is a space craft that isn't man made, reason to yourself and say it is a non-human made space craft. But you don't just reason that the object is a non-human made craft for no reason at all, you reason that it is so that if something else crops up larger and more mysterious than the UFO phenomenon you won't look like the silly one.

If God is real then atheists are wrong 100%, end of discussion. The fact that atheism and those who believe it deny the existence of God is because they expect something bigger or better. Goodness, what a miracle, life in general. We're born then we grow up and die, but without God, what a great and awesome phenomenon. I can just see that 'scientists' and atheists are drowning themselves in trashy fuzz of abstractions to explain everything. Where the universe came from etc... It is clear that whatever created everything (it could be anything, pink unicorn perhaps?) clearly does not want anyone to know about it, of course I am speaking in metaphors, but seriously, atheists give in. Face it, truth will never, ever come your way. Enjoy yourself if you want to go that way and stop worrying about pointless questions, get on with your life's, your be dead before you know it and then you will enter oblivion, right...Right?

Godsands, I'm on your side, but I need help to help you in this forum. what does the part I put in bold have to do with the second, what was the point you were trying to make with it?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:05:58 PM

just taking a guess though at what you point was, that athiest make aliens out to be as great as god, but they are obviously not and fall short.
as I understand it the route athiest take with that is not aliens being greater than a god if there is one but the universe itself, Nature, or 'the-whole-show' the basis of all there thought is that everything is part of Nature, there is no super-Natural, and if there was it would have had to come out of Nature.
So in effect, only the Universe can be infinite and eternal with no beginning whilst any God has to have come after it if it can exist.

That position is wrong of-course, but its the one they take, not alien.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:11:26 PM
"God is NOT Great." - Christopher Hitchens
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:12:34 PM
: At 7/5/2010 7:00:23 PM, Marauder wrote:

Godsands, I'm on your side, but I need help to help you in this forum. what does the part I put in bold have to do with the second, what was the point you were trying to make with it?

It is a tribute for the part below. To help show how rediculous atheism is. Just as some people say UFO's aren't space crafts but something human made, I am saying God is real and every other opinion is false and wastful. Why would some one question an object in the sky and say it is man made? Although curiousity plays a role. Why does that mean non-human life has to cross the mind of a unbeliever? Why not something like, "Ah that's weird, I haven't seen one of those human air crafts before." In the same way, why don't atheists simply say, "What's God?" And because they don't know what God is, how can they be atheists?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:12:59 PM

There is something bigger and better. The Universe. And it actually exists.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:13:31 PM
At 7/5/2010 6:27:55 PM, belle wrote:

Do you need evidence for all your beliefs? Just curious....
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:14:04 PM
At 7/5/2010 6:53:01 PM, GodSands wrote:

I know what she meant, but an absence of evidence (some times referred as a misinterpreted evidence for something untrue) isn't evidence for the absence of God's existence. By saying there is no evidence, does not prove otherwise. But if she said, because there is evidence otherwise. Then that would create an absence of God. And indeed I would like to see this evidence of there be absolutely no possibility of God existing.

i never said god was impossible. its not ZOMG I AM A SLAVERING IDIOT FOR GOD or ZOMG GOD IS IMPOSSIBLE I HATE HIM. no.

theres no evidence for god so i think it unlikely he exists.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:17:06 PM
Have you ever wondered if you were schizophrenic, Godsands?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:17:53 PM
At 7/5/2010 7:17:06 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

That came across my mind several months ago as well.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:21:53 PM
: At 7/5/2010 7:14:04 PM, belle wrote:
At 7/5/2010 6:53:01 PM, GodSands wrote:

i never said god was impossible. its not ZOMG I AM A SLAVERING IDIOT FOR GOD or ZOMG GOD IS IMPOSSIBLE I HATE HIM. no.

theres no evidence for god so i think it unlikely he exists.

Why not, "There is no evidence otherwise, so I think God does exist?" Why choose one and not the other? And unlikely, what makes you think His existence of unlikely? If both sides imply the same logic (an absence of evidence does not disprove God and a absence of evidence does not disprove there is no God) then aren't both sides unlikely? But that wouldn't make sense, since one needs to be correct. And if atheism is true, how would you know that it is? Some one telling you? God perhaps? I just believe that with God, life is more sensable and reasonable.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:26:09 PM
: At 7/5/2010 7:17:06 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

I don't hullucinate, nor do I hear voices and everything of that nature. I am not schizonphrenic and I had to look up what schizonphrenic was to know what you were talking about. That probably proves that I am not.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:27:46 PM
At 7/5/2010 7:26:09 PM, GodSands wrote:

I don't hullucinate, nor do I hear voices and everything of that nature. I am not schizonphrenic and I had to look up what schizonphrenic was to know what you were talking about. That probably proves that I am not.

lol A schizophrenic doesn't think they hear voices or hallucinate.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:29:42 PM
: At 7/5/2010 7:27:46 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org... ...Sorry.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:43:55 PM
At 7/5/2010 7:29:42 PM, GodSands wrote:

What I mean is - if you were schizophrenic, you would believe that what you are hearing or seeing or believing is true and wouldn't believe them to be hallucinations. So you can't tell me "I don't have hallucinations."
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:44:58 PM
: At 7/5/2010 7:43:55 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 7/5/2010 7:29:42 PM, GodSands wrote:

What I mean is - if you were schizophrenic, you would believe that what you are hearing or seeing or believing is true and wouldn't believe them to be hallucinations. So you can't tell me "I don't have hallucinations."

Right, and that doesn't apply to you?
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:46:46 PM
At 7/5/2010 7:13:31 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/5/2010 6:27:55 PM, belle wrote:

Do you need evidence for all your beliefs? Just curious....

mostly. a good deductive argument will do in a pinch i guess...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:47:03 PM

A schizophrenic most likely does not know they are schizophrenic until vast psychological intervention is taken. A schizophrenic may not even know WHAT schizophrenia is. That, I believe, would make the most convincing of disorders- when the brain doesn't even have the knowledge of it's own disorder or of it's own disorders existence in the real world.

Even so, you would deny and deny....

But, Godsands - wouldn't it be safer to assume that you are schizophrenic and go seek help than to continue living in a delusion. Can you prove to me that things, or people, or ideas you have in your life are, in fact, not a fabrication of your mind?
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:48:09 PM
At 7/5/2010 7:44:58 PM, GodSands wrote:

Right, and that doesn't apply to you?

Yes, that's right, Godsands - it applies to everyone :) So why do we not all believe we are schizophrenic?
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 7:48:52 PM
At 7/5/2010 7:21:53 PM, GodSands wrote:
Why not, "There is no evidence otherwise, so I think God does exist?" Why choose one and not the other? And unlikely, what makes you think His existence of unlikely? If both sides imply the same logic (an absence of evidence does not disprove God and a absence of evidence does not disprove there is no God) then aren't both sides unlikely? But that wouldn't make sense, since one needs to be correct. And if atheism is true, how would you know that it is? Some one telling you? God perhaps? I just believe that with God, life is more sensable and reasonable.

because things that exist generally leave evidence, whereas things that do not exist don't. the "logic" as you call it isn't the same at all. what would constitute evidence that god doesn't exist anyways?