How can I be .....?

lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 1:15:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
an A-list Student ?

I have always been an average student. It's time to make tomorrow mine.

What are some techniques ?

I don't believe in becoming friends with the teacher and getting all questions that are going to come in exam because that is cheating.
I don't believe in cheating.
I am not a social person and don't like to mix up with people. I am a quite boy.

How can I be a good at studies ?

NOTE- I am not asking for tips to win the hearts of teacher for their favour. I am just asking for techniques that will keep me inspired to work hard.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 1:23:24 AM
Study hard. If you have a hard time understanding a concept, ask friends. If they don't understand either, asking the teacher isn't always bad, particularly if you ask sparingly. Oh, also, study hard.

There's your key to success. ;D

trust me, im asian.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 1:40:48 AM
You want a grade? Do your homework.

You want to learn? Read books. Read moar books. Read moar books.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 3:05:38 AM
At 7/10/2010 1:40:48 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

You want to learn? Read Ayn rand. Read moar Ayn rand. Read moar Ayn rand.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2010 10:42:42 AM
At 7/10/2010 3:05:38 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/10/2010 1:40:48 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

You want to learn? Read Ayn rand. Read moar Ayn rand. Read moar Ayn rand.

Why isn't Rand capitalized o.O

Haha anyway, I agree that RR's suggestion is kind of vague. What if he read moar and moar propoganda or other heavily biased / false sh!t?

As far as getting good grades though, I think taking good notes and making bangin' study guides (and actually studying) is key. That's how I do it. To learn, I try to find out as much information as possible pertaining to various sides of a particular subject, and then make an informed decision based on rational judgment as well as critical thinking and utilizing credible sources...
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2010 11:06:51 AM
At 7/11/2010 10:42:42 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Haha anyway, I agree that RR's suggestion is kind of vague. What if he read moar and moar propoganda or other heavily biased / false sh!t?
Then you're getting good grades for following the teacher's instructions.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2010 1:46:13 PM
At 7/10/2010 1:15:33 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
an A-list Student ?

I don't believe in becoming friends with the teacher and getting all questions that are going to come in exam because that is cheating.
I am not a social person and don't like to mix up with people. I am a quite boy.

NOTE- I am not asking for tips to win the hearts of teacher for their favour. I am just asking for techniques that will keep me inspired to work hard.

I've always made really good grades, then got lazy. So I'm assuming, just don't be lazy, do your work (actually read your text books), and if extra credit is offered take the opportunity. (I used to do all that but then didn't do some of the easiest things to help, such as bring things the teachers put as extra credit. Working hard is the biggest part but if there's extra things take that too. With just going off what I knew already and not studying or putting effort into anything or the extra credit I only made 2 A's 1 B and 1 C. Well the C was changed to a B cause last day of school was boring so I did enough make up work to bump that up a letter grade.)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2010 1:52:59 PM
At 7/11/2010 1:46:13 PM, lovelife wrote:
an A-list Student ?

I've always made really good grades, then got lazy. So I'm assuming, just don't be lazy, do your work (actually read your text books), and if extra credit is offered take the opportunity. (I used to do all that but then didn't do some of the easiest things to help, such as bring things the teachers put as extra credit. Working hard is the biggest part but if there's extra things take that too. With just going off what I knew already and not studying or putting effort into anything or the extra credit I only made 2 A's 1 B and 1 C. Well the C was changed to a B cause last day of school was boring so I did enough make up work to bump that up a letter grade.)

Your extensive use of parentheticals is sexy.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 2:26:08 PM
At 7/11/2010 1:52:59 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 7/11/2010 1:46:13 PM, lovelife wrote:
an A-list Student ?

Your extensive use of parentheticals is sexy.

wtf that doesn't even make sense (then again most people on this site don't)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave