Jump to topic:

Your future job?

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 10:08:07 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Mine: Estate and Wealth Management - Business Owner.

Investment Portfolio = up 15% (in a recession)
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 10:09:42 AM
We should also list our current jobs and pay.

Mine: Computer Repair Business owner
Name: PC Medic
Slogan: If your PC is sick, we'll fix it quick.
Pay: 25$ an hour
Revenue so far: $3,000
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 10:18:21 AM
Currently I work in:
WVU President's Office of Social Justice, Disability Services.

I am currently working toward becoming a History Professor. Perhaps someday I will make an attempt at elected office?
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 7:18:56 PM
unemployed. i am unable to obtain a job, and i couldn't hold one down.

I'm thinking about starting a online business, but I need to know where to start.

Also, @askbob. What are you investing in for that 15% return?
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 7:25:39 PM
My friend, whom you know as FeatherintheWind, and I are hopefully going to start a Led Zeppelin fan site and just have some high paying advertisements. Although, now that I think about it, that doesn't sound like to solid a plan.

Pyrotechnician.
When Reach fell, I came.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 7:31:04 PM
1. Roth IRA so no tax on my interest to factor

2. International Growth Index <--- Vanguard

3. Ticker Symbol = VWIGX

An index is a group of many stocks usually specializing in an area of the economy.

In this case there are 169 stocks. The stocks are divided likewise:
56.6% Europe
19.5% Emerging Markets
22% Pacific
1.8% North America
0.1% Other

Load: None except for a 2 month redemption fee, since the fee is time based, it is not considered to be a load.

Expense Ratio: 0.0054%

Net Assets: 10.1 Billion

Detailed information:

https://personal.vanguard.com...

52-week high 05/19/2008

52-week high of $24.89 occurred on: 05/19/2008

52-week low of$10.74 occurred on: 11/20/2008

Currently: $12.65
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 8:45:31 PM
Rule of thumb: Follow the money. There's going to be some major stimulus spending once Obama is inaugurated.

Where do you think the average will put that new money?

Personally I think christmas was pretty light so if I were the average American I'd be spending my money into entertainment.

Look for some good entertainment industries that have been doing well this recession

Also if you are betting on a recovery of the economy, look overseas, most companies overseas were hit very hard, and thus most will recover more rapidly than american ones.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 8:51:16 PM
Do you have an idea for your online business?

What do you want to sell?

You've got to answer a few basic questions first.

Personally if I were to start an online business, it would be one that offers a free service that makes money off of ad revenue. I'd start allows college students to sell books to each other.

I'd have one that allows them to post their books via ISBN number, and then once they put their book in, It would list the lowest used Half.com and Amazon.com price. I'd also allow it to have filters to filter out just their own state, or to have the whole country included.

It would also provide instructions on how to ship their books and would require mandatory user feedback.

It would mandate that the user take pictures of their books as well so that people could see the quality of the book and make sure it was legit.

It would also set up a book guarantee shipping.

Seller ships to company, company confirms the book version and accuracy of the seller, company ships book to buyer, seller gets paid buyers money.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 9:14:56 PM
At 1/6/2009 8:51:16 PM, askbob wrote:
Do you have an idea for your online business?

What do you want to sell?
I have no idea. I can't actually sell anything, since I have nothing to sell.

You've got to answer a few basic questions first.

Personally if I were to start an online business, it would be one that offers a free service that makes money off of ad revenue. I'd start allows college students to sell books to each other.
I like that idea. Maybe like an online thrift store..... or something like a resources distribution kinda thing...

I'd have one that allows them to post their books via ISBN number, and then once they put their book in, It would list the lowest used Half.com and Amazon.com price. I'd also allow it to have filters to filter out just their own state, or to have the whole country included.

It would also provide instructions on how to ship their books and would require mandatory user feedback.

It would mandate that the user take pictures of their books as well so that people could see the quality of the book and make sure it was legit.

It would also set up a book guarantee shipping.

Seller ships to company, company confirms the book version and accuracy of the seller, company ships book to buyer, seller gets paid buyers money.

Seems like you have put a lot of thought into it.... Do you have such a site already?
Omnes te moriturum amant 

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 9:23:07 PM
Seems like you have put a lot of thought into it.... Do you have such a site already?

No lol, I'm a student, and that's what I think when I buy books online.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 9:26:41 PM
At 1/6/2009 9:23:07 PM, askbob wrote:

No lol, I'm a student, and that's what I think when I buy books online.

oh. But still, it seems like a good idea, and you seem like you could do it.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2009 9:35:49 PM
Lol I have a bit much on my plate already as I already have my own business.
Yoni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2009 11:28:43 PM
At 1/6/2009 4:53:11 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
What's your job prospect or the future?

Mine: Game designer?

You:?

In about 3 years I'll be an Environmental Engineer.

Until then, I detail cars, boats, and recreational vehicles like ATVs and snowmobiles for my Dad's new business for $15/hour.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 6:43:07 AM
We should also list our current jobs and pay.

Mine: Computer Repair Business owner
Name: PC Medic
Slogan: If your PC is sick, we'll fix it quick.
Pay: 25$ an hour
Revenue so far: $3,000

Mine:

Gynaecologist (no qualifications, but I'll take a look)
Name: Prontobort Pregnancy Terminations Ltd.
Slogan: You rape ‘em, we scrape ‘em
Pay: basic salary plus commission and all the food my dog can eat
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Yoni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 4:50:45 PM
I love a good cup of stem cell in the morning! It's also one of many goals in life to have at least one abortion before the Western World becomes a complete dystopia. Where do I sign up?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 5:45:12 PM
Well, first ya'd need somethin' to abort wouldn't ya?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 5:50:12 PM
At 1/19/2009 5:47:54 PM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
Mine: Theoretical Physicist.

Or: Some future unknown job. Wow, that's lame...

Jesus freaks can't be Theoretical Physicists, those are the rules.

And I once wanted to be a Theoretical Physicist, that all changed after I took my first Physics class.
Yoni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 5:54:10 PM
At 1/19/2009 5:45:12 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Well, first ya'd need somethin' to abort wouldn't ya?

I could plant a grain of rice in my uterus.

What are the going rates, anyhow?
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 5:56:10 PM
At 1/19/2009 5:50:12 PM, s0m31john wrote:

Jesus freaks can't be Theoretical Physicists, those are the rules.

Yes they can. Many people who are Christians are theoretical physicists.

And I once wanted to be a Theoretical Physicist, that all changed after I took my first Physics class.

How come?
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 5:56:28 PM
At 1/19/2009 5:49:57 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Future job: Lawyer . . . then president.

You won't be able to be the first black president, so I wouldn't even bother.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 5:56:42 PM
A grain of rice costs a fraction of a penny, but it's not very effective.

Now if ya want an abortion, ya need to pull out all the stops, get the real experience, since it costs at least 300 dollars usually in industrialized countries, and that's at the first trimester. To do this, you have to plant human, not rice, seed.

Fortunately for you, I know exactly where you can get some free :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 6:00:31 PM
Yes they can. Many people who are Christians are theoretical physicists.

Not the cool ones.

How come?

Don't get me wrong, I love reading far out papers on String Theory and multiple dimensions but not enough to make it a career out of it. Conceptual Physics (usually what you learn in high school) was very boring, to me anyway.
fo-shizzle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 6:01:50 PM
At 1/19/2009 5:59:20 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Well, I can always settle for being the first debate.org user president.

i'd vote for you lol
Wanderer: You don't really feel that way about me you know. It's this body... she's pretty isn't she?

Ian: She is. Melanie is a very pretty girl. Even beautiful. But pretty as she is, she is a stranger to me. She's not the one I... care about.

Wanderer: It's this body.

Ian: That's not true at all. It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what they say. It's not how you look like in that body, it's what you do with it. You are beautiful.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2009 6:02:59 PM
At 1/19/2009 5:59:20 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Well, I can always settle for being the first debate.org user president.

Yeah, but by the time you are 35 you'll have to settle for being czar of the USSA.