Jump to topic:

Self-studying for AP exams

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 7:27:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Has anyone done this? It seems like it would be very easy to do good on certain AP exams just by reading a review book... is this a viable way to learn the material? What AP exams would be the hardest to take without taking the AP courses?

There have been similar threads (https://www.debate.org...), but more information is always nice.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 2:51:50 AM
Bump over spam
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
DominicM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 10:07:24 PM
I am currently in 2 AP classes and plan to finish with 7 by the time i graduate and go off to college. However I completly disagree that just taking the AP exam and not the class is a crazy idea. For classes like U.S. history, European history, World History, and Human Geogrpaphy you can't just take the exam and base it off of prior knowledge unless you review everything to the extent of that, that the actual class prioratizes you to learn. This is just one example but AP exams are set up the same way all acroos the board and the class does not just teach you the information that you need to know but it also teaches you how to actually take the exam. Reviewing by yourself is a possible way to pass but the class is more beneficial to you in all ways!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 11:27:58 AM
I've only known one person who did it with any measure of success.

I think that for some of the easier exams, like Human Geography and Psych, it's possible to do well. But I think having taken the class significantly boosts your chances of success.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 1:02:53 AM
At 4/27/2015 11:27:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I've only known one person who did it with any measure of success.

I think that for some of the easier exams, like Human Geography and Psych, it's possible to do well. But I think having taken the class significantly boosts your chances of success.

I'll probably take lit/language, psych, stats, Geo, psych, and Chem, I guess... At least I'll have taken college Chem, stats, and psych classes so it's not like I have to self-study for that.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz