Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

One of Puck's quotes he likes.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 6:37:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Forget Jesus - the stars died so you could be here today." - Lawrence Krauss (on poetry in Physics)."

My actions are justified by the consistent motion of time, and time is justified and deemed the most important by what it has achieved, evolution therefore wraps up my court case on my behalf like a divine judge. The way I live my life is granted as a norm, it is granted as accepted and I can freely do as I please based on the god-like maintenance of what I believe to be true. A man with perfection in his blood and who is God cannot shudder a case like evolution. My life and how I live it feeds and places faith constantly on the understanding that evolution could be true, I am totally justified righteous by the constant and consistent battle of survival which I live by. I am kind, I am good, I am truthful, I am loving, I am hating, I am gentle, I am morally stable, but if people push my buttons I will only do my duty to act in a way that evolution should be treated, by proceeding the middle way of morality I say that, 'If you scratch my back I will scratch yours.' And that begins at birth, for who is not lucky to be alive, but if people push my buttons, I will treat them as they have treated me, and if people are kind to me, I will treat them well with love and kindness, but grace and mercy is a rare gift which people only get given when I benefit from it. Who do I really thank for all of this? Evolution, but I do not say that, for it is not my duty to do so.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 6:49:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
wtf. I can't believe I took the time to read that.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 7:00:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Godsands and Geo: Teaming up to corner Puck for some raep.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 7:03:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/30/2010 7:00:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Godsands and Geo: Teaming up to corner Puck for some raep.

Lol yep.

@GodSands, Some of it. Other parts were just way out there.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 12:36:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 7/31/2010 5:28:10 AM, Puck wrote:
Do you make your mother wtf as well?

Don't any of you guys get it? It's quite simple, I am speaking for a honest person who believes in evolution and what it does to the believers lives. Reason affects experience, day to day experience.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 3:15:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/31/2010 12:36:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/31/2010 5:28:10 AM, Puck wrote:
Do you make your mother wtf as well?

Don't any of you guys get it? It's quite simple, I am speaking for a honest person who believes in evolution and what it does to the believers lives. Reason affects experience, day to day experience.

How can you pretend to speak as a person who believes in Evolution when you've demonstrated that you have absolutely no idea what evolution is, beyond Pokemon?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2010 6:17:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 7/31/2010 3:15:55 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 7/31/2010 12:36:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/31/2010 5:28:10 AM, Puck wrote:
Do you make your mother wtf as well?

Don't any of you guys get it? It's quite simple, I am speaking for a honest person who believes in evolution and what it does to the believers lives. Reason affects experience, day to day experience.

How can you pretend to speak as a person who believes in Evolution when you've demonstrated that you have absolutely no idea what evolution is, beyond Pokemon?


Arr saying I know nothing of something means I am less than naive, or is it that I just don't believe in evolution and therefore I come up with this kind of thing...Have a read...

"Negative? Why does an absence of God have to be a negative? If there is no God, then surely God is mans expression to stimulate the unthinkable 'thing' or concept that really exists instead of God, right? Oh wait, no I get it, there isn't anything, not even an unthinkable mind boggling 'thing' or concept, which isn't a 'thing' or a human concept. But something so mind boggling that it doesn't deserve to be called anything. Nothing isn't even good enough, it is beyond all understanding, even beyond an infinite God with no limitations at all. It is beyond God and more powerful, not wait, darn it, I am getting carried away again, it isn't anything. But it has to be something....'Shut up, God doesn't exist!' No I am not speaking of God, but something that brought the universe into existence, yet it so powerful, it cannot interact in anyway with this universe. The universe is probably a piece of dust for whatever it is which cannot be understood or mentioned in the slightest since people will think I or anyone else is speaking of God that does not exist.

So what created the universe out of interested, from a human understanding? 'Nothing, actually, not even that, I don't know?' So you don't know? 'No, but science will find out one day I bet my life on it.' How could science discover what created the universe if science is apart of the universe and cannot be used as a external tool? 'Now what a silly question. Science, nothing is impossible for it.' I beg to differ. 'Science will one day discover how the universe was created, right now we use philosophy, I mean the Big Bang isn't far off.' Far off! The Big Bang is speculated, firstly just because galaxies are moving apart, that doesn't mean they were once together. To say they were once together is a guess, since there is another option which is perfectly legitimate, that being a all powerful creator aka God created the universe in a perfect stable condition. 'Don't be draft, science clearly shows that the universe derived from what is called, Mr, the Big Bang. Well why then are galaxies 200 million light years away equal in appearance to galaxies 2 million light years away, for if light did actually travel from 200 million light year away, they should be 198 million light years behind the galaxies only 2 million light years away, yet their spirals are in equal distance apart from each other. How would the Big Bang theory explain that? 'I am sure there is an answer to that, we aren't stupid.' But to solve that 'challenge' almost, speculation is only on the menu. 'So your saying the majority of today's scientists are wrong?' Well if they believe that, then well yeah I am. 'Haha, go on...' Logic clearly shows that just because galaxies are moving apart, it does not mean they were once together in some kind of unformed formation. A bang went 'boom!' and that caused things to expand, allowing things to move further apart. It seems to me that you are traveling backwards, you didn't experience the Big Bang (why capitals?) but you have experienced or at least heard those who study space, cosmologists say that galaxies are moving further apart from each other. I doubt that not.

But what I do doubt although I do not see why it isn't a good explanation to how the galaxies came into being, into existence, but I would say the Big Bang is the beginning to explaining where the universe originated from. At least God gets to the point, and by going by my understanding, and by my logic, intelligence of a supreme kind only seems logical. Even a explosion, or whatever you call the Big Bang seems to have a ton of intelligence behind it's cause. For why then and why an explosion? Why are the laws of physics like they are, even Richard Dawkins admits that is something no scientists will ever answer. However, go and believe in the Big Bang and the non-existence of God, but don't call it science, it is faith based, speculated and over-rated.

'Arr, whatever man, you haven't a clue what science is used for and what it can achieve, do something useful with your time and read a SCIENCE text book on the Big Bang, oh and on evolution, because you don't believe in that either. I mean who doesn't, in the right mind believe in evolution. Everbody has to believe in evolution. It is a FACT! Science has proved it to be long ago.'" (People like Kleptin).
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2010 6:22:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 8/1/2010 6:17:51 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/31/2010 3:15:55 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 7/31/2010 12:36:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/31/2010 5:28:10 AM, Puck wrote:
Do you make your mother wtf as well?

Don't any of you guys get it? It's quite simple, I am speaking for a honest person who believes in evolution and what it does to the believers lives. Reason affects experience, day to day experience.

How can you pretend to speak as a person who believes in Evolution when you've demonstrated that you have absolutely no idea what evolution is, beyond Pokemon?


Arr saying I know nothing of something means I am less than naive, or is it that I just don't believe in evolution and therefore I come up with this kind of thing...Have a read...

"Negative? Why does an absence of God have to be a negative? If there is no God, then surely God is mans expression to stimulate the unthinkable 'thing' or concept that really exists instead of God, right? Oh wait, no I get it, there isn't anything, not even an unthinkable mind boggling 'thing' or concept, which isn't a 'thing' or a human concept. But something so mind boggling that it doesn't deserve to be called anything. Nothing isn't even good enough, it is beyond all understanding, even beyond an infinite God with no limitations at all. It is beyond God and more powerful, not wait, darn it, I am getting carried away again, it isn't anything. But it has to be something....'Shut up, God doesn't exist!' No I am not speaking of God, but something that brought the universe into existence, yet it so powerful, it cannot interact in anyway with this universe. The universe is probably a piece of dust for whatever it is which cannot be understood or mentioned in the slightest since people will think I or anyone else is speaking of God that does not exist.

So what created the universe out of interested, from a human understanding? 'Nothing, actually, not even that, I don't know?' So you don't know? 'No, but science will find out one day I bet my life on it.' How could science discover what created the universe if science is apart of the universe and cannot be used as a external tool? 'Now what a silly question. Science, nothing is impossible for it.' I beg to differ. 'Science will one day discover how the universe was created, right now we use philosophy, I mean the Big Bang isn't far off.' Far off! The Big Bang is speculated, firstly just because galaxies are moving apart, that doesn't mean they were once together. To say they were once together is a guess, since there is another option which is perfectly legitimate, that being a all powerful creator aka God created the universe in a perfect stable condition. 'Don't be draft, science clearly shows that the universe derived from what is called, Mr, the Big Bang. Well why then are galaxies 200 million light years away equal in appearance to galaxies 2 million light years away, for if light did actually travel from 200 million light year away, they should be 198 million light years behind the galaxies only 2 million light years away, yet their spirals are in equal distance apart from each other. How would the Big Bang theory explain that? 'I am sure there is an answer to that, we aren't stupid.' But to solve that 'challenge' almost, speculation is only on the menu. 'So your saying the majority of today's scientists are wrong?' Well if they believe that, then well yeah I am. 'Haha, go on...' Logic clearly shows that just because galaxies are moving apart, it does not mean they were once together in some kind of unformed formation. A bang went 'boom!' and that caused things to expand, allowing things to move further apart. It seems to me that you are traveling backwards, you didn't experience the Big Bang (why capitals?) but you have experienced or at least heard those who study space, cosmologists say that galaxies are moving further apart from each other. I doubt that not.

But what I do doubt although I do not see why it isn't a good explanation to how the galaxies came into being, into existence, but I would say the Big Bang is the beginning to explaining where the universe originated from. At least God gets to the point, and by going by my understanding, and by my logic, intelligence of a supreme kind only seems logical. Even a explosion, or whatever you call the Big Bang seems to have a ton of intelligence behind it's cause. For why then and why an explosion? Why are the laws of physics like they are, even Richard Dawkins admits that is something no scientists will ever answer. However, go and believe in the Big Bang and the non-existence of God, but don't call it science, it is faith based, speculated and over-rated.

'Arr, whatever man, you haven't a clue what science is used for and what it can achieve, do something useful with your time and read a SCIENCE text book on the Big Bang, oh and on evolution, because you don't believe in that either. I mean who doesn't, in the right mind believe in evolution. Everbody has to believe in evolution. It is a FACT! Science has proved it to be long ago.'" (People like Kleptin).


No, what I was meant to say was, "Welcome back Kleptin, you were away for some time."
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2010 7:09:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/1/2010 6:22:10 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 8/1/2010 6:17:51 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/31/2010 3:15:55 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 7/31/2010 12:36:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/31/2010 5:28:10 AM, Puck wrote:
Do you make your mother wtf as well?

Don't any of you guys get it? It's quite simple, I am speaking for a honest person who believes in evolution and what it does to the believers lives. Reason affects experience, day to day experience.

How can you pretend to speak as a person who believes in Evolution when you've demonstrated that you have absolutely no idea what evolution is, beyond Pokemon?


Arr saying I know nothing of something means I am less than naive, or is it that I just don't believe in evolution and therefore I come up with this kind of thing...Have a read...

"Negative? Why does an absence of God have to be a negative? If there is no God, then surely God is mans expression to stimulate the unthinkable 'thing' or concept that really exists instead of God, right? Oh wait, no I get it, there isn't anything, not even an unthinkable mind boggling 'thing' or concept, which isn't a 'thing' or a human concept. But something so mind boggling that it doesn't deserve to be called anything. Nothing isn't even good enough, it is beyond all understanding, even beyond an infinite God with no limitations at all. It is beyond God and more powerful, not wait, darn it, I am getting carried away again, it isn't anything. But it has to be something....'Shut up, God doesn't exist!' No I am not speaking of God, but something that brought the universe into existence, yet it so powerful, it cannot interact in anyway with this universe. The universe is probably a piece of dust for whatever it is which cannot be understood or mentioned in the slightest since people will think I or anyone else is speaking of God that does not exist.

So what created the universe out of interested, from a human understanding? 'Nothing, actually, not even that, I don't know?' So you don't know? 'No, but science will find out one day I bet my life on it.' How could science discover what created the universe if science is apart of the universe and cannot be used as a external tool? 'Now what a silly question. Science, nothing is impossible for it.' I beg to differ. 'Science will one day discover how the universe was created, right now we use philosophy, I mean the Big Bang isn't far off.' Far off! The Big Bang is speculated, firstly just because galaxies are moving apart, that doesn't mean they were once together. To say they were once together is a guess, since there is another option which is perfectly legitimate, that being a all powerful creator aka God created the universe in a perfect stable condition. 'Don't be draft, science clearly shows that the universe derived from what is called, Mr, the Big Bang. Well why then are galaxies 200 million light years away equal in appearance to galaxies 2 million light years away, for if light did actually travel from 200 million light year away, they should be 198 million light years behind the galaxies only 2 million light years away, yet their spirals are in equal distance apart from each other. How would the Big Bang theory explain that? 'I am sure there is an answer to that, we aren't stupid.' But to solve that 'challenge' almost, speculation is only on the menu. 'So your saying the majority of today's scientists are wrong?' Well if they believe that, then well yeah I am. 'Haha, go on...' Logic clearly shows that just because galaxies are moving apart, it does not mean they were once together in some kind of unformed formation. A bang went 'boom!' and that caused things to expand, allowing things to move further apart. It seems to me that you are traveling backwards, you didn't experience the Big Bang (why capitals?) but you have experienced or at least heard those who study space, cosmologists say that galaxies are moving further apart from each other. I doubt that not.

But what I do doubt although I do not see why it isn't a good explanation to how the galaxies came into being, into existence, but I would say the Big Bang is the beginning to explaining where the universe originated from. At least God gets to the point, and by going by my understanding, and by my logic, intelligence of a supreme kind only seems logical. Even a explosion, or whatever you call the Big Bang seems to have a ton of intelligence behind it's cause. For why then and why an explosion? Why are the laws of physics like they are, even Richard Dawkins admits that is something no scientists will ever answer. However, go and believe in the Big Bang and the non-existence of God, but don't call it science, it is faith based, speculated and over-rated.

'Arr, whatever man, you haven't a clue what science is used for and what it can achieve, do something useful with your time and read a SCIENCE text book on the Big Bang, oh and on evolution, because you don't believe in that either. I mean who doesn't, in the right mind believe in evolution. Everbody has to believe in evolution. It is a FACT! Science has proved it to be long ago.'" (People like Kleptin).


No, what I was meant to say was, "Welcome back Kleptin, you were away for some time."

"People like Kleptin", HAHAHAHA, I don't doubt that SOME people would say something like that, GodSands, but you obviously have no idea what my position is. Perhaps you should spend less time pretending to know what I know and trying to actually learn it?

Time and time again has proven that everything you think you know about Evolution is twisted in some way. Evolution is wrong to you only because you've never grasped it.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2010 7:27:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 8/1/2010 7:09:11 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 8/1/2010 6:22:10 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 8/1/2010 6:17:51 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/31/2010 3:15:55 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 7/31/2010 12:36:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 7/31/2010 5:28:10 AM, Puck wrote:
Do you make your mother wtf as well?

Don't any of you guys get it? It's quite simple, I am speaking for a honest person who believes in evolution and what it does to the believers lives. Reason affects experience, day to day experience.

How can you pretend to speak as a person who believes in Evolution when you've demonstrated that you have absolutely no idea what evolution is, beyond Pokemon?


Arr saying I know nothing of something means I am less than naive, or is it that I just don't believe in evolution and therefore I come up with this kind of thing...Have a read...

"Negative? Why does an absence of God have to be a negative? If there is no God, then surely God is mans expression to stimulate the unthinkable 'thing' or concept that really exists instead of God, right? Oh wait, no I get it, there isn't anything, not even an unthinkable mind boggling 'thing' or concept, which isn't a 'thing' or a human concept. But something so mind boggling that it doesn't deserve to be called anything. Nothing isn't even good enough, it is beyond all understanding, even beyond an infinite God with no limitations at all. It is beyond God and more powerful, not wait, darn it, I am getting carried away again, it isn't anything. But it has to be something....'Shut up, God doesn't exist!' No I am not speaking of God, but something that brought the universe into existence, yet it so powerful, it cannot interact in anyway with this universe. The universe is probably a piece of dust for whatever it is which cannot be understood or mentioned in the slightest since people will think I or anyone else is speaking of God that does not exist.

So what created the universe out of interested, from a human understanding? 'Nothing, actually, not even that, I don't know?' So you don't know? 'No, but science will find out one day I bet my life on it.' How could science discover what created the universe if science is apart of the universe and cannot be used as a external tool? 'Now what a silly question. Science, nothing is impossible for it.' I beg to differ. 'Science will one day discover how the universe was created, right now we use philosophy, I mean the Big Bang isn't far off.' Far off! The Big Bang is speculated, firstly just because galaxies are moving apart, that doesn't mean they were once together. To say they were once together is a guess, since there is another option which is perfectly legitimate, that being a all powerful creator aka God created the universe in a perfect stable condition. 'Don't be draft, science clearly shows that the universe derived from what is called, Mr, the Big Bang. Well why then are galaxies 200 million light years away equal in appearance to galaxies 2 million light years away, for if light did actually travel from 200 million light year away, they should be 198 million light years behind the galaxies only 2 million light years away, yet their spirals are in equal distance apart from each other. How would the Big Bang theory explain that? 'I am sure there is an answer to that, we aren't stupid.' But to solve that 'challenge' almost, speculation is only on the menu. 'So your saying the majority of today's scientists are wrong?' Well if they believe that, then well yeah I am. 'Haha, go on...' Logic clearly shows that just because galaxies are moving apart, it does not mean they were once together in some kind of unformed formation. A bang went 'boom!' and that caused things to expand, allowing things to move further apart. It seems to me that you are traveling backwards, you didn't experience the Big Bang (why capitals?) but you have experienced or at least heard those who study space, cosmologists say that galaxies are moving further apart from each other. I doubt that not.

But what I do doubt although I do not see why it isn't a good explanation to how the galaxies came into being, into existence, but I would say the Big Bang is the beginning to explaining where the universe originated from. At least God gets to the point, and by going by my understanding, and by my logic, intelligence of a supreme kind only seems logical. Even a explosion, or whatever you call the Big Bang seems to have a ton of intelligence behind it's cause. For why then and why an explosion? Why are the laws of physics like they are, even Richard Dawkins admits that is something no scientists will ever answer. However, go and believe in the Big Bang and the non-existence of God, but don't call it science, it is faith based, speculated and over-rated.

'Arr, whatever man, you haven't a clue what science is used for and what it can achieve, do something useful with your time and read a SCIENCE text book on the Big Bang, oh and on evolution, because you don't believe in that either. I mean who doesn't, in the right mind believe in evolution. Everybody has to believe in evolution. It is a FACT! Science has proved it to be long ago.'" (People like Kleptin).


No, what I was meant to say was, "Welcome back Kleptin, you were away for some time."

"People like Kleptin", HAHAHAHA, I don't doubt that SOME people would say something like that, GodSands, but you obviously have no idea what my position is. Perhaps you should spend less time pretending to know what I know and trying to actually learn it?

Time and time again has proved that everything you think you know about Evolution is twisted in some way. Evolution is wrong to you only because you've never grasped it.

Yeah, I know of evolution. I believe I understand it. I get it's jist, I understand it's wave length, I have captured a glimpse of it, but! That is all from reasoning to myself, we can link things together to make certain things seem true but that is only looking at something from one angle. You can never and you should never trust you own understanding, something from the out side must HIT you HARD and it that, you should know it has, not believe it has.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2010 11:21:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/1/2010 7:27:40 PM, GodSands wrote:

Yeah, I know of evolution.

This I buy.

I believe I understand it.

This too.

I get it's jist,

Nope.

I understand it's wave length,

Nope.

I have captured a glimpse of it, but! That is all from reasoning to myself, we can link things together to make certain things seem true but that is only looking at something from one angle.

Captured a glimpse and understood nothing of what you saw...

You can never and you should never trust you own understanding, something from the out side must HIT you HARD and it that, you should know it has, not believe it has.

You mean like the mountain of evidence that documents the most complete and understood theory in the history of mankind? That kind of outside HARD hit???
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 5:32:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 8/1/2010 11:21:06 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 8/1/2010 7:27:40 PM, GodSands wrote:

Yeah, I know of evolution.

This I buy.

I believe I understand it.

This too.

I get it's jist,

Nope.

I understand it's wave length,

Nope.

I have captured a glimpse of it, but! That is all from reasoning to myself, we can link things together to make certain things seem true but that is only looking at something from one angle.

Captured a glimpse and understood nothing of what you saw...

You can never and you should never trust you own understanding, something from the out side must HIT you HARD and it that, you should know it has, not believe it has.

You mean like the mountain of evidence that documents the most complete and understood theory in the history of mankind? That kind of outside HARD hit???


If there is a mountain of evidence for evolution, there is a mountain of evidence for God. My youger brother Alex, he isn't a Christian nor an atheist he is just living his life. He says there isn't any evidence for either evolution or God.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 5:37:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Godsands, we have tried to teach you about evolution a number of times. If you still have questions then ask.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 1:24:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 8/2/2010 5:37:19 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Godsands, we have tried to teach you about evolution a number of times. If you still have questions then ask.

Sorry professer. If someone doesn't believe in evolution or in creationism, would you say they don't know what evolution is? I do understand the theory of evolution, I just do not believe in it! End of discussion.

To believe in something is different from know all about something. Your annoy me when you and others on this site say I don't understand evolution.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:17:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 1:24:56 PM, GodSands wrote:
Sorry professer. If someone doesn't believe in evolution or in creationism, would you say they don't know what evolution is? I do understand the theory of evolution, I just do not believe in it! End of discussion.
First of all, youve said before that you understand evolution, but come back with the most absurd, straw man caricatures of evolution. So its kinda hard to take your claim at face value, much like the boy who Cried wolf.

Secondly, what is your reason to disbelieve Evolution? Because, much like the guy who believes the earth is flat, and disbelieves the spherical earth theory, if you dont have a GOOD reason, your beliefs are blatantly WRONG, no matter how fervently you believe.
To believe in something is different from know all about something. Your annoy me when you and others on this site say I don't understand evolution.

Can you BLAME any of them? You keep coming, time and again, with a blatant misunderstanding about evolution, and we keep, time and again, having to correct your misunderstanding.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:40:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 8/2/2010 2:17:56 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/2/2010 1:24:56 PM, GodSands wrote:
Sorry professer. If someone doesn't believe in evolution or in creationism, would you say they don't know what evolution is? I do understand the theory of evolution, I just do not believe in it! End of discussion.
First of all, youve said before that you understand evolution, but come back with the most absurd, straw man caricatures of evolution. So its kinda hard to take your claim at face value, much like the boy who Cried wolf.

Secondly, what is your reason to disbelieve Evolution? Because, much like the guy who believes the earth is flat, and disbelieves the spherical earth theory, if you dont have a GOOD reason, your beliefs are blatantly WRONG, no matter how fervently you believe.
To believe in something is different from know all about something. Your annoy me when you and others on this site say I don't understand evolution.

Can you BLAME any of them? You keep coming, time and again, with a blatant misunderstanding about evolution, and we keep, time and again, having to correct your misunderstanding.


Not time and time again. Maybe a few times, but it's called learning. The reason that I do not believe in evolution is that it is called scientific, but I cannot sense it in any way, shape or form. Whereas God, not claiming to be scientific, I choose to believe in God because I believe in morality, there is a standard and that is God. I also believe in the Bible because I have had a experience which attached me to believing in it.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 3:24:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:40:07 PM, GodSands wrote:
Not time and time again. Maybe a few times, but it's called learning. The reason that I do not believe in evolution is that it is called scientific, but I cannot sense it in any way, shape or form. Whereas God, not claiming to be scientific, I choose to believe in God because I believe in morality, there is a standard and that is God. I also believe in the Bible because I have had a experience which attached me to believing in it.

If we were to go back and see how many posts youve made regarding Evolution, how many would we find? More than 5? more than 8? 10? Id say anything above 5 is time and time again. A few times is, at most, 3. And ive seen you post more than 3.

What do you mean when you say "Cannot sense it in any way, shape or form"? I cant sense Electrons, but i wouldnt reject their existance based on that.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 4:33:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 1:24:56 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 8/2/2010 5:37:19 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Godsands, we have tried to teach you about evolution a number of times. If you still have questions then ask.

Sorry professer. If someone doesn't believe in evolution or in creationism, would you say they don't know what evolution is? I do understand the theory of evolution, I just do not believe in it! End of discussion.

No, one of my dearest friends is a creationist, he is fully aware of what evolution is, what the scientific method is and probably knows more about science than I do. You however have consistently shown that you do not understand what evolution is, it is your choice to remain ignorant and I respect that. But I do not respect you forcing your ignorance on others.


To believe in something is different from know all about something. Your annoy me when you and others on this site say I don't understand evolution.

I have never conflated the two.

Be my guest and explain to me in concise terms the theory of evolution.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 6:03:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 8/2/2010 4:33:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/2/2010 1:24:56 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 8/2/2010 5:37:19 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Godsands, we have tried to teach you about evolution a number of times. If you still have questions then ask.

Sorry professer. If someone doesn't believe in evolution or in creationism, would you say they don't know what evolution is? I do understand the theory of evolution, I just do not believe in it! End of discussion.

No, one of my dearest friends is a creationist, he is fully aware of what evolution is, what the scientific method is and probably knows more about science than I do. You however have consistently shown that you do not understand what evolution is, it is your choice to remain ignorant and I respect that. But I do not respect you forcing your ignorance on others.


To believe in something is different from know all about something. Your annoy me when you and others on this site say I don't understand evolution.

I have never conflated the two.

Be my guest and explain to me in concise terms the theory of evolution.


Macro evolution: A slow and gradual process of biological creativity. That is basically what evolution is. Creativity to over come danger to impress and to breed efficiently - Which unnecessarly and oddly leads to 'possitive' mutation creating new and appropriate advances to support and maintain a certain species, which then if a species is successful, the family will also be. For a family of species or in other words the cat family for example to evolve takes millions and millions of years. However I see that as a logical yet unscientific account of explaining biology and the process of biology, since nobody and I mean nobody has experience macro evolution. And science is all about experience - all about it and analysis of natural events. Which are physical, biological and chemical.