Jump to topic:

banning words?

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 12:10:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
How long before higher education plummets back into the dark ages and starts burning books again.

http://www.ijreview.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:20:08 PM
Unfortunately, our public education system focuses on "inclusion" and "tolerance". What it forgets in the process is that you are excluding intolerant people, which in turn is an oxymoron and just creates more issues.

I am going into Junior year of High School. I was once asked to present a paper I wrote on key periods in American history. I decided to present the paper I wrote on Communism, as well as the Red Scare. My teacher was awe struck when I read the fallacies of Communism and the nonsense that goes with its incorporation into a nation's economic and political system. She literally asked me "Do you enjoy insulting people?". If there was a non-Christian, non-White, man or woman that got up and presented a paper about Capitalism, and decided to berate it, it would be considered fine.

We squander the rights of one group to make others feel better about themselves.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
ax123man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 11:46:19 PM
That article links to another article with an update:

"UNH President Mark Huddleston has disavowed the Bias-Free Language Guide, saying he is "troubled by many things" it contains. He says "[t]he only UNH policy on speech is that it is free and unfettered on our campuses."

No doubt these types are hiding out in Universities everywhere, but they need to be fearlessly called out and publicly humiliated. I believe they are a small vocal minority and just need to be kept in check.

Their form of "tolerance" is blatant intolerance.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:08:27 PM
At 8/2/2015 12:10:36 PM, sadolite wrote:
How long before higher education plummets back into the dark ages and starts burning books again.

You must remember much of higher education is not about books but about subjects such as chemistry, engineering, physics, biology, ect . These s ubjects have their own literature.The job of many higher education establishments is to create knowledgable workers for research or industry. In the past when only the elite went to university many of them had no need to earn a living; times have changed.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:40:02 PM
At 8/2/2015 12:10:36 PM, sadolite wrote:

You are not supposed to know about The Society's plans..... I must exterminate you (and, btw, it's 5 years from September 3rd).
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.