Jump to topic:

a good question...

gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2010 7:18:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Does massive unemployment shift the PPC leftwards?

(production Possibility curve, a curve showing the maximum production that can be done by maximum utilisation of the present resources)
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 9:08:48 AM
At 9/3/2010 7:18:55 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

(production Possibility curve, a curve showing the maximum production that can be done by maximum utilisation of the present resources)

No. The country is just producing inside its curve.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 12:57:08 PM
At 9/5/2010 9:08:48 AM, wjmelements wrote:
At 9/3/2010 7:18:55 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

I don't think that's true. If demand is still high or higher per worker than it was previously then the productivity will be pushed further. Less people working harder to produce more per person.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 4:03:44 AM

I don't think that's true. If demand is still high or higher per worker than it was previously then the productivity will be pushed further. Less people working harder to produce more per person.

These two arguments were what i was confused between.

massive unemployment means less people, means less resources. The utilisation of less resources produces less, Means PPC curve shifts left, (or basically production possible decreases)

But on the other hand, unemployed people are the existing non-working force. will they have any effect on the production?