Jump to topic:

Devaluation of College

MeinWeltschmerz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 9:41:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Give your thoughts on whether you think college deserves the high regards and merit it receives today. Do think it should be necessary in finding a decent job? Do you think it is overrated, or not worth the price you pay? If so, how would you change the system?
Karan_m
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 4:44:54 AM
I think every college deserves regards and merits because college do possess the opportunity for the students,but its the willingness of the students to grab it.Not a single college would be such that none of its students have been settled well after the graduation.So,my point is if some of the students can make to good places or companies after the graduation from a college so can the others of the college. But the only thing required is the interest and the willingness of the students in it.So,I don't think we should blame the college.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 2:26:17 AM
At 9/29/2015 9:41:12 PM, MeinWeltschmerz wrote:
Give your thoughts on whether you think college deserves the high regards and merit it receives today. Do think it should be necessary in finding a decent job? Do you think it is overrated, or not worth the price you pay? If so, how would you change the system?

No just society would ever have a fee involved with learning, its a sin.
truth_is_was_will_be
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 9:25:59 PM
At 9/29/2015 9:41:12 PM, MeinWeltschmerz wrote:
Give your thoughts on whether you think college deserves the high regards and merit it receives today. Do think it should be necessary in finding a decent job? Do you think it is overrated, or not worth the price you pay? If so, how would you change the system? : :

A new system of finding slaves to work for corporations is in the works. As long as people keep using the internet, corporations will get the information they need to hire the right slaves. College won't be as important in the future except for highly professional work such as doctors, engineering, etc.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 5:56:14 PM
In England we have large numbers of highly trained university graduates who are doing mumdane jobs. We live in an age where education is the golden calf; everyone has to go to university and everyone is capable of going.
Higher education used to be for the intelligent but now it is big buisness and courses.are made to fit.
Some end up fifty thousand pounds in debt that they will never pay.
truthfinder1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 4:07:21 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I believe that some people need a college education, and some don't. Why? Because all people are different, has different goals and capabilities.

What is a decent job? Dietitian? Software engineer? But for some jobs, for example, in Sales or in Online Advertising don't require a college degree.

So what matters the most? Your personal choice.

I'm sure that everyone has its path, and at this time the college has already enough merits. At least, people with college degrees have higher average income than people without it.

If you don't feel that you need a college, it's better not to enter it at all. Statistics tell that academic dishonesty and plagiarism is growing problems in America's colleges. You can read more in this article: https://unplag.com...

I'm not emphasizing that academic dishonesty in schools it's a problem of people, who made a wrong choice with their education. But it seems to me, that there's a connection between these two issues.

Plagiarism checker detect similarities in students' paper, but if students will continue to cheat, it will not work.