Jump to topic:

Update.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 5:56:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have been away from a while, my internet wasn't working for a while. But apart from that, I made ship wreck with my faith in Jesus Christ. I got drunk twice and my language hit rock bottom, but only when I was drinking.

I never usually swear, I quit it when I became a Christian. Now I will try to explain what I felt like. It felt like knowing about a matrix which normal people knew nothing about, and when I made ship wreck with my faith, I got swept off my feet by what is clearly seen with the physical eyes. And because of that, this matrix which I know is swapped around with the carnal by my own lack of faith.

I am far more happier now however, I was moody and angry far more often, I never prayed and barely read the Bible. I was not polite but rude and my thoughts were full of worldly hopes and desires. My life was very gray and miserable.

However, although it is vital to not make ship wreck of the faith, it is not central to the Christian faith, the centre of the Christian faith is what Jesus Christ did, which has nothing to do with our efforts. And that is where Christianity splits off from religion. What Christ has done has been done, that is how we get to heaven, eternal life, not by not making ship wreck out of the faith, but by putting faith in Jesus Christ. Not making yourself a better person by doing this or that, but instead by giving up on yourself, or in other words, by default, handing yourself over to Jesus Christ.

There is a good number of people on this site, who say they are Christian, one their profiles, watch what they say. Those who do not believe in the Christian faith, watch out for what the confessing Christian says, although Christians sin, our personalities give no excuse in acceptance of the faith. Our personalities will modify just like an over weight body would if it were to exercise and eat well.

Check the link below.

http://illbehonest.com...
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 6:00:36 PM
At 10/13/2010 5:56:19 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have been away from a while, my internet wasn't working for a while. But apart from that, I made ship wreck with my faith in Jesus Christ. I got drunk twice and my language hit rock bottom, but only when I was drinking.

I never usually swear, I quit it when I became a Christian. Now I will try to explain what I felt like. It felt like knowing about a matrix which normal people knew nothing about, and when I made ship wreck with my faith, I got swept off my feet by what is clearly seen with the physical eyes. And because of that, this matrix which I know is swapped around with the carnal by my own lack of faith.

I am far more happier now however, I was moody and angry far more often, I never prayed and barely read the Bible. I was not polite but rude and my thoughts were full of worldly hopes and desires. My life was very gray and miserable.

However, although it is vital to not make ship wreck of the faith, it is not central to the Christian faith, the centre of the Christian faith is what Jesus Christ did, which has nothing to do with our efforts. And that is where Christianity splits off from religion. What Christ has done has been done, that is how we get to heaven, eternal life, not by not making ship wreck out of the faith, but by putting faith in Jesus Christ. Not making yourself a better person by doing this or that, but instead by giving up on yourself, or in other words, by default, handing yourself over to Jesus Christ.

There is a good number of people on this site, who say they are Christian, one their profiles, watch what they say. Those who do not believe in the Christian faith, watch out for what the confessing Christian says, although Christians sin, our personalities give no excuse in acceptance of the faith. Our personalities will modify just like an over weight body would if it were to exercise and eat well.

Check the link below.

Ship wrecked? All things are possible with God. It's not about the missing the mark, it is about finishing the race.

That is why the Good Lord gave us confession. Confess one to another so you can be strengthened.

Drinking is definitely a bad idea if the result is something that you consider sin, I would steer away from that from now on.

Keep your head up and your eye on the prize. He is able to Save.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 6:08:34 PM
I may be a heathen, but welcome back GodSands. Hope you can stick around without the drinking and keep yourself happy. We've missed your Education lessons! ;)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 6:08:58 PM
Ship wrecked is where someone who is born again falls into a period where their faith is...flat so to speak. Their faith is gone and they have not zeal or passion to want to learn about God or do anything which involves God. Everything about God is colourless due to their lack of faith.

They've temporary put on secular glasses, I as a 20 year old man, I was very miserable. It's fun for a short time, but wouldn't it have to be to attract the unaware?

The Bible mentioned the word ship wrecked to describe the same period of time I went through. Happy days.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 6:13:35 PM
Yet I have never been happy trying to force religion on myself. I guess its proof that each person is different and needs different things to be happy
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 8:14:39 PM
At 10/13/2010 5:56:19 PM, GodSands wrote:

Check the link below.

I never expected this to happen to you. Despite how badly I've treated you in the past (and I apologize for that now), no one deserves what you've gone through. I hope that you take strength in the fact that you've bested your trial.

Why did you drink?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 4:20:15 AM
I drank for the same reasons anyone else would, it was fun at the time, but really as everyone knows getting drunk can bring out the worst of people. But more importantly I was being disobedient. I found nothing but a sore head and a foolish self.
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 5:13:22 AM
At 10/14/2010 4:20:15 AM, GodSands wrote:
I drank for the same reasons anyone else would, it was fun at the time, but really as everyone knows getting drunk can bring out the worst of people [...] I found nothing but a sore head and a foolish self.
You're citing a few good reasons not to drink. Getting drunk does often make you do things you wish you didn't. That's a good reason to avoid it. It does cause physical stress on your body, and sometimes a pretty bad headache the next morning. That's a good reason to avoid it.

But more importantly I was being disobedient.
This is a bad reason to avoid drinking. You're a grown human being. You're capable of making your own decisions with good reasons like the ones you implied above. You don't need someone commanding you about how you should live your life. If you made an effort to do this yourself, you would be able to figure out which ways to act are wise and which ways are unwise. You would be more independent, and you would have a less flaky reason than "it's implied in the bible that I shouldn't do this." It's a lot easier to accidentally drink when your main reason for not drinking is having been told not to rather than having reasoned out that drinking is a choice with overall negative effects.