Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Burdened Heart.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 6:56:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This has been playing on my mind and heart for a long time. There is a great number of people on here that take Christianity lightly, who equalise it with unimportant things. I have been watching people who confess to be Christian on here for sometime, I could name a few of them. And those people best get real with themselves and right with God.

The message here is very simple, yet the issue is difficult to translate across. Since they believe they are saved and going to heaven yet are not, but rather on their way to hell, they have yet to experience the reality that Jesus Christ freely gives.

I know what it is like, I thought I was saved for all of my memory life up until I was 18. After I was saved, I was asked how long I've been a Christian, I replied 2 weeks, they appeared amazed since they had other expectations. Believing I was a Christian for all of my life.

I am certain that the majority of people who confess faith in Jesus Christ on this site, even in the real world, aren't at all Christian. You can do all the religious limbo, go to church, pray, go to prayer meetings, become emotional, cry, weep, and have a sense of God's presents yet still be a false, empty convert. Just because you might know the Gospel that does not make you a Christian. And just because you believe it to be true, that still does not make you a Christian. To become a Christian is to put all you faith into Jesus Christ who is present and alive! Or as default, to simply give yourself up and stop living a religious, hell binding life style.

The sinners prayer is right from the pit of hell, as it talks about in Jude, Satan is most destructive from within the Church, not from without. I get far more fired up, not by the non-believers views on Christianity, but I get fired up far more due to a lack of Biblical understanding of God and His Word. And it makes Christianity look weak and pathetic to the world, when really Christianity, Jesus Christ is a rock that will never crumble or fade.

To the non-believer, I will that you should never believe someone for their words along, if someone says they are a Christian, don't believe them, for if they are really saved, the evidence of that is that they will produce fruit as said in Matthew 7.

However despite all of this, the false convert will treasure their tag saying they are a Christian, because they believe being known as one by men makes it so to God also.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:00:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 6:56:08 AM, GodSands wrote:
This has been playing on my mind and heart for a long time. There is a great number of people on here that take Christianity lightly, who equalise it with unimportant things. I have been watching people who confess to be Christian on here for sometime, I could name a few of them. And those people best get real with themselves and right with God.

The message here is very simple, yet the issue is difficult to translate across. Since they believe they are saved and going to heaven yet are not, but rather on their way to hell, they have yet to experience the reality that Jesus Christ freely gives.

I know what it is like, I thought I was saved for all of my memory life up until I was 18. After I was saved, I was asked how long I've been a Christian, I replied 2 weeks, they appeared amazed since they had other expectations. Believing I was a Christian for all of my life.

I am certain that the majority of people who confess faith in Jesus Christ on this site, even in the real world, aren't at all Christian. You can do all the religious limbo, go to church, pray, go to prayer meetings, become emotional, cry, weep, and have a sense of God's presents yet still be a false, empty convert. Just because you might know the Gospel that does not make you a Christian. And just because you believe it to be true, that still does not make you a Christian. To become a Christian is to put all you faith into Jesus Christ who is present and alive! Or as default, to simply give yourself up and stop living a religious, hell binding life style.

The sinners prayer is right from the pit of hell, as it talks about in Jude, Satan is most destructive from within the Church, not from without. I get far more fired up, not by the non-believers views on Christianity, but I get fired up far more due to a lack of Biblical understanding of God and His Word. And it makes Christianity look weak and pathetic to the world, when really Christianity, Jesus Christ is a rock that will never crumble or fade.

To the non-believer, I will that you should never believe someone for their words along, if someone says they are a Christian, don't believe them, for if they are really saved, the evidence of that is that they will produce fruit as said in Matthew 7.

However despite all of this, the false convert will treasure their tag saying they are a Christian, because they believe being known as one by men makes it so to God also.

"So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last."

Incredible arrogance on your part. Your understanding of the bible and Your relationship with Christ is the only one and all others fail, and go to hell? You are blinded to your own hypocrisy. Be careful all knowing one, for "Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." You miss the entire message, all that is important because of your pride. "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble".
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:04:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:00:36 AM, innomen wrote:
"God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble".

humble before God =/= Humble before other men...

God didn't cast Satan out for thinking He was better than the other angels (god Encouraged That..)

God cast Satan out b/c Satan put HIS WILL before God's.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:11:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:04:32 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:00:36 AM, innomen wrote:
"God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble".

humble before God =/= Humble before other men...

God didn't cast Satan out for thinking He was better than the other angels (god Encouraged That..)

God cast Satan out b/c Satan put HIS WILL before God's.

Putting your will before God's will is pride. I would be interested in hearing how God encouraged pride among angels.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:19:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:11:49 AM, innomen wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:04:32 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
God didn't cast Satan out for thinking He was better than the other angels (god Encouraged That..)

God cast Satan out b/c Satan put HIS WILL before God's.

Putting your will before God's will is pride. I would be interested in hearing how God encouraged pride among angels.

you're misunderstanding me.

I said God encouraged Lucifer in Separating himself from other angels... Being Unhumble w/other Angels BY Ranking Them... and puttin Lucifer up top.
(much asGodsands believes his situation lies)

The Putting HIS WILL before God's WAS what got Lucifer thrown out.

God was ok with Lucifer having a lack of humility before other angels... and Ought to be ok with his supposedly Chosen men to have a lack of humility before other men...

BUT He's NOT ok with your embracing any of your own ideas/feelings as to what should be done... You are to work ONLY with his. THAT is the Humility he seeks.

the "pride" is embracing Your Will instead of His.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:22:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/14/2010 6:56:08 AM, GodSands wrote:
This has been playing on my mind and heart for a long time. There is a great number of people on here that take Christianity lightly, who equalise it with unimportant things. I have been watching people who confess to be Christian on here for sometime, I could name a few of them. And those people best get real with themselves and right with God.

The message here is very simple, yet the issue is difficult to translate across. Since they believe they are saved and going to heaven yet are not, but rather on their way to hell, they have yet to experience the reality that Jesus Christ freely gives.

I know what it is like, I thought I was saved for all of my memory life up until I was 18. After I was saved, I was asked how long I've been a Christian, I replied 2 weeks, they appeared amazed since they had other expectations. Believing I was a Christian for all of my life.

I am certain that the majority of people who confess faith in Jesus Christ on this site, even in the real world, aren't at all Christian. You can do all the religious limbo, go to church, pray, go to prayer meetings, become emotional, cry, weep, and have a sense of God's presents yet still be a false, empty convert. Just because you might know the Gospel that does not make you a Christian. And just because you believe it to be true, that still does not make you a Christian. To become a Christian is to put all you faith into Jesus Christ who is present and alive! Or as default, to simply give yourself up and stop living a religious, hell binding life style.

The sinners prayer is right from the pit of hell, as it talks about in Jude, Satan is most destructive from within the Church, not from without. I get far more fired up, not by the non-believers views on Christianity, but I get fired up far more due to a lack of Biblical understanding of God and His Word. And it makes Christianity look weak and pathetic to the world, when really Christianity, Jesus Christ is a rock that will never crumble or fade.

To the non-believer, I will that you should never believe someone for their words along, if someone says they are a Christian, don't believe them, for if they are really saved, the evidence of that is that they will produce fruit as said in Matthew 7.

However despite all of this, the false convert will treasure their tag saying they are a Christian, because they believe being known as one by men makes it so to God also.

why is this in the education section?

besides that though, I'm curious Godsands, you said you could name names. go ahead and tell us the Christians that are not good enough for you and just what data you think you have against them. who here have you deemed pretend Christians and why?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:24:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:22:03 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 10/14/2010 6:56:08 AM, GodSands wrote:
why is this in the education section?

He's educating people! duh!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:27:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:19:15 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:11:49 AM, innomen wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:04:32 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
God didn't cast Satan out for thinking He was better than the other angels (god Encouraged That..)

God cast Satan out b/c Satan put HIS WILL before God's.

Putting your will before God's will is pride. I would be interested in hearing how God encouraged pride among angels.

you're misunderstanding me.

I said God encouraged Lucifer in Separating himself from other angels... Being Unhumble w/other Angels BY Ranking Them... and puttin Lucifer up top.
(much asGodsands believes his situation lies)

The Putting HIS WILL before God's WAS what got Lucifer thrown out.

God was ok with Lucifer having a lack of humility before other angels... and Ought to be ok with his supposedly Chosen men to have a lack of humility before other men...

BUT He's NOT ok with your embracing any of your own ideas/feelings as to what should be done... You are to work ONLY with his. THAT is the Humility he seeks.

the "pride" is embracing Your Will instead of His.

your will over his you mean.

it's not a unreasonable request, that particular humility before another should be the easiest and most natural of all to keep since there is not any universe were you could hope to keep up with God in any category. It's not just arrogance to think you know better than God it's stupidity as well. Just like I would not just be arrogant but stupid also if I challenged Hulk Hogan to an arm wrestling contest and seriously thought I could win.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:28:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:19:15 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
the "pride" is embracing Your Will instead of His.

THIS he doesn't encourage...

Rather, he'll send you to Hell for it.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:37:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:27:42 AM, Marauder wrote:
it's not a unreasonable request, that particular humility before another should be the easiest and most natural of all to keep since there is not any universe were you could hope to keep up with God in any category. It's not just arrogance to think you know better than God it's stupidity as well. Just like I would not just be arrogant but stupid also if I challenged Hulk Hogan to an arm wrestling contest and seriously thought I could win.

What I want done is what I'd want done...

if God comes up and says... "hey matt, THOU SHALT STONE GAYS" (EVEN IF it was back in like 500BC) and I was like... "umm.. I don't much like the idea of stoning people just for being gay"

I'd say "NO, God... YOU might want to stone Gays... But I don't...
there's a difference there.. did ya catch it?
MY Will AND YOURS... and Being that they're different... I'll do as I will do.
IF We willed the same thing.. THEN happily do what you say... BUT being that I so Heartily Disagree with you... It's not gonna happen.
"


I'd Always act on MY Will...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:42:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:37:32 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:27:42 AM, Marauder wrote:
it's not a unreasonable request, that particular humility before another should be the easiest and most natural of all to keep since there is not any universe were you could hope to keep up with God in any category. It's not just arrogance to think you know better than God it's stupidity as well. Just like I would not just be arrogant but stupid also if I challenged Hulk Hogan to an arm wrestling contest and seriously thought I could win.

What I want done is what I'd want done...

if God comes up and says... "hey matt, THOU SHALT STONE GAYS" (EVEN IF it was back in like 500BC) and I was like... "umm.. I don't much like the idea of stoning people just for being gay"

I'd say "NO, God... YOU might want to stone Gays... But I don't...
there's a difference there.. did ya catch it?
MY Will AND YOURS... and Being that they're different... I'll do as I will do.
IF We willed the same thing.. THEN happily do what you say... BUT being that I so Heartily Disagree with you... It's not gonna happen.
"


I'd Always act on MY Will...

That's actually a fairly succinct explanation of why i don't follow the OT with even a a passing thought of being literal.

I will ask you Matt, what within the NT, is within Christ's will that differs greatly from your will?
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:48:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:37:32 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:27:42 AM, Marauder wrote:
it's not a unreasonable request, that particular humility before another should be the easiest and most natural of all to keep since there is not any universe were you could hope to keep up with God in any category. It's not just arrogance to think you know better than God it's stupidity as well. Just like I would not just be arrogant but stupid also if I challenged Hulk Hogan to an arm wrestling contest and seriously thought I could win.

What I want done is what I'd want done...

if God comes up and says... "hey matt, THOU SHALT STONE GAYS" (EVEN IF it was back in like 500BC) and I was like... "umm.. I don't much like the idea of stoning people just for being gay"

I'd say "NO, God... YOU might want to stone Gays... But I don't...
there's a difference there.. did ya catch it?
MY Will AND YOURS... and Being that they're different... I'll do as I will do.
IF We willed the same thing.. THEN happily do what you say... BUT being that I so Heartily Disagree with you... It's not gonna happen.
"


I'd Always act on MY Will...

I dont question if your will would legitimately be different or that by definition it being your natural will that you wouldnt naturally want to do what your will wills.
But you should also know that your will forms from, well you. and you a part of a fallen creation, your ability to tell right from wrong corrupted to a degree, your level of knowledge still ignorant of something no doubt even up to the day you die. all from the experiences life has thrown at you.
God on the other hand has remained perfectly holy since forever; and he is ignorant of absolutely nothing. given those stats there's no need to prefer to act on yours over his.
Now you may desire to act apart from gods will and act more like your will wants, but you also have a choice to act rationally rather than on desire which people have been doing for thousands of years now.

so again though I'd like to beat Hogan very much, It's just stupid to think I could win, his strengths is superior to mine by far. I may have a desire to bet on myself in that arm wrestling match to boost my esteem for it, but the bet would not be a rational one to make as my loss is a sure thing.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:06:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:42:16 AM, innomen wrote:
I will ask you Matt, what within the NT, is within Christ's will that differs greatly from your will?

Turn the other cheek would be one 8)

umm... Mostly Jesus seems like he was generally an Ok fellah..

But then, I really can't help what I care about though... and IF I happened to will differently... I'd have more disagreements.

Also.. we gotta remember... I ALSO don't Believe in God... It's not just that I don't like what he supposedly says.

MORE IMPORTANTLY...
Although I would act to prevent Others from fulfilling their will IF it Opposed mine...

AND act to Enact mine..

I wouldn't Punish them JUST for willing differently... and attempting to carry out their will... (which is what God supposedly does)

I might end up Even Killing folks who I disagree with, but it wouldn't be to Punish them... It'd be to Prevent them from doing things that I would not have happen.

I wouldn't Torture them Just for willing differently... I'd only harm them (or interfere with their actions at all) to Further/Protect things that I care about.

God NOT ONLY supposedly tortures you simply for willing differently... BUT HE'S, supposedly, THE REASON you care the way you do... LOL

What a (supposed) B@stard!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:08:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Excluding Godsands from this here is what i see using matt's example of stoning gays:

Me: I don't believe that's God's will, but rather someone made it up and put it in a book that everyone believes it to be God's will, so they follow it.

Matt: If it is God's will, it's evil and messed up - therefore your God is evil and messed up, but i don't believe in him anyway - but you still have an evil and messed up god that you follow.

Marauder- It is God's will, and because it is His will it cannot by definition be either evil or messed up. Disagreeing with his will is in fact (perhaps not evil or messed up), not good.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:13:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:08:17 AM, innomen wrote:
Matt: If it is God's will, it's evil and messed up - therefore your God is evil and messed up, but i don't believe in him anyway - but you still have an evil and messed up god that you follow.

did you read my last post?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:16:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:13:10 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:08:17 AM, innomen wrote:
Matt: If it is God's will, it's evil and messed up - therefore your God is evil and messed up,

also I don't claim to absolutes...

that's a christian thing.

I'd say, If it's Your God's will... I oppose him Heartily... and would both act differently AND actively oppose him...

As RR said... IF the B@stard (that God whose will I, so heartily, oppose) Actually existed... I'd find it Necessary to Abolish him.

(kind of like Serial Killers who you're pretty sure will strike again)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:25:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:16:42 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
As RR said... IF the B@stard (that God whose will I, so heartily, oppose) Actually existed... I'd find it Necessary to Abolish him.

This is in reference to that OT Stoner God.

(kind of like Serial Killers who you're pretty sure will strike again)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:26:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:13:10 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:08:17 AM, innomen wrote:
Matt: If it is God's will, it's evil and messed up - therefore your God is evil and messed up, but i don't believe in him anyway - but you still have an evil and messed up god that you follow.

did you read my last post?

No we were posting at the same time.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 11:29:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
"So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last."

Incredible arrogance on your part. Your understanding of the bible and Your relationship with Christ is the only one and all others fail, and go to hell? You are blinded to your own hypocrisy. Be careful all knowing one, for "Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." You miss the entire message, all that is important because of your pride. "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble".


All of that is true, but you are misunderstanding everything about Christianity. Being humble is not simply being immoral, doing what you like and living in sin yet having some kind of an emotion towards the cross in which, when you feel comfortable or when appropriate for you, you take the back seat at church and make yourself look good. I am deeply burdened and concerned about these lost people who believe they are saved.

Being humble is to get down on your knees in prayer all and to seek the face of God. To always put yourself last as you rightly said. Be compassionate and loving to everyone. To not boast but only boast about Jesus Christ.

To not take good advice is being prideful.

I will be patient here, I will wait for people to become honest with Christ and themselves, I will pray on this issue that these people will see through their own disguise and that they will come to repentance and forgiveness.

Matthew 7:21-23 clearly states that Jesus will say to those who believed themselves saved, that He never knew them, that they were false in His sight and were never justified under the cross. Yet they remained religious and unsaved, believing in their own works and trusted in their selves that they trusted in Jesus Christ rather that simply trusting in Jesus Christ. They never rejected themselves before Christ, but instead thought highly of themselves and wanted Christ also. God does not save the prideful.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 1:35:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 11:29:26 AM, GodSands wrote:
"So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last."

Incredible arrogance on your part. Your understanding of the bible and Your relationship with Christ is the only one and all others fail, and go to hell? You are blinded to your own hypocrisy. Be careful all knowing one, for "Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." You miss the entire message, all that is important because of your pride. "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble".


All of that is true, but you are misunderstanding everything about Christianity. Being humble is not simply being immoral, doing what you like and living in sin yet having some kind of an emotion towards the cross in which, when you feel comfortable or when appropriate for you, you take the back seat at church and make yourself look good. I am deeply burdened and concerned about these lost people who believe they are saved.

You're psychotic, you don't even know these people. You don't know what is in the heart of anyone here. Furthermore it isn't your job to judge but God's. You seek differences and create your own private interpretation/relationship with Christ and judge all others by that. You continue on your path of arrogance and play the part of God by saying you know who believes what, and they need to meet your very specific criteria. My guess is that you need to stop trying to look into the hearts of others, and take a peak at your own defects of character that create this impregnable pride that you carry. Typically that is caused by fear (lack of faith).

Being humble is to get down on your knees in prayer all and to seek the face of God. To always put yourself last as you rightly said. Be compassionate and loving to everyone. To not boast but only boast about Jesus Christ.

Way wrong, way way way wrong. Being humble is knowing your right place among men and God. You are confused in knowing your place among men and God.

To not take good advice is being prideful.
Taking bad advice is foolish, giving blind advice out of personal fear is pride (actually worse, false pride).

I will be patient here, I will wait for people to become honest with Christ and themselves, I will pray on this issue that these people will see through their own disguise and that they will come to repentance and forgiveness.

I will tell you that you would be better served if you look inward upon your own self and pray for clarity and ask that someone comes on your path to help show you your own arrogance.

Matthew 7:21-23 clearly states that Jesus will say to those who believed themselves saved, that He never knew them, that they were false in His sight and were never justified under the cross. Yet they remained religious and unsaved, believing in their own works and trusted in their selves that they trusted in Jesus Christ rather that simply trusting in Jesus Christ. They never rejected themselves before Christ, but instead thought highly of themselves and wanted Christ also. God does not save the prideful.
You really don't understand any of that do you?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 1:47:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 11:29:26 AM, GodSands wrote:
They never rejected themselves before Christ, but instead thought highly of themselves and wanted Christ also. God does not save the prideful.

Yep. That pretty much sums up what being a christian is all about.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 7:08:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 10/16/2010 1:35:44 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/16/2010 11:29:26 AM, GodSands wrote:
"So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last."

Incredible arrogance on your part. Your understanding of the bible and Your relationship with Christ is the only one and all others fail, and go to hell? You are blinded to your own hypocrisy. Be careful all knowing one, for "Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." You miss the entire message, all that is important because of your pride. "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble".


All of that is true, but you are misunderstanding everything about Christianity. Being humble is not simply being immoral, doing what you like and living in sin yet having some kind of an emotion towards the cross in which, when you feel comfortable or when appropriate for you, you take the back seat at church and make yourself look good. I am deeply burdened and concerned about these lost people who believe they are saved.

You're psychotic, you don't even know these people. You don't know what is in the heart of anyone here. Furthermore it isn't your job to judge but God's. You seek differences and create your own private interpretation/relationship with Christ and judge all others by that. You continue on your path of arrogance and play the part of God by saying you know who believes what, and they need to meet your very specific criteria. My guess is that you need to stop trying to look into the hearts of others, and take a peak at your own defects of character that create this impregnable pride that you carry. Typically that is caused by fear (lack of faith).


Being humble is to get down on your knees in prayer all and to seek the face of God. To always put yourself last as you rightly said. Be compassionate and loving to everyone. To not boast but only boast about Jesus Christ.

Way wrong, way way way wrong. Being humble is knowing your right place among men and God. You are confused in knowing your place among men and God.

To not take good advice is being prideful.
Taking bad advice is foolish, giving blind advice out of personal fear is pride (actually worse, false pride).

I will be patient here, I will wait for people to become honest with Christ and themselves, I will pray on this issue that these people will see through their own disguise and that they will come to repentance and forgiveness.

I will tell you that you would be better served if you look inward upon your own self and pray for clarity and ask that someone comes on your path to help show you your own arrogance.

Matthew 7:21-23 clearly states that Jesus will say to those who believed themselves saved, that He never knew them, that they were false in His sight and were never justified under the cross. Yet they remained religious and unsaved, believing in their own works and trusted in their selves that they trusted in Jesus Christ rather that simply trusting in Jesus Christ. They never rejected themselves before Christ, but instead thought highly of themselves and wanted Christ also. God does not save the prideful.
You really don't understand any of that do you?


Can you give me scripture to back all what you said up? Because Jesus never said not to judge others, it says in John 7:24 "Stop judging by mere appearance, but instead judge correctly." So I judge by whether someone is saved by their words, and their actions and how they approach the faith.

Watch these two clips please.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 7:50:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 7:08:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
Jesus never said not to judge others

What the hell?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged."
anyone?

http://www.bartleby.com...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:13:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Three questions, Godsands.

"I am certain that the majority of people who confess faith in Jesus Christ on this site, even in the real world, aren't at all Christian."

How do you know this?

"There is a great number of people on here that take Christianity lightly, who equalise it with unimportant things. I have been watching people who confess to be Christian on here for sometime, I could name a few of them."

But you won't, because that would make it a personal (and possibly disprovable) attack on their characters. Instead, you are just going to insinuate vaguely and let people guess. My question: If you are truly concerned for those people, why isn't this a PM to each of them separately?

Where were you given the right or the authority to judge a man's salvation from a few anonymous internet posts?
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:20:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
for if they are really saved, the evidence of that is that they will produce fruit
what fruit from what orifice?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:26:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 7:08:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 10/16/2010 1:35:44 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/16/2010 11:29:26 AM, GodSands wrote:
"So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last."

Incredible arrogance on your part. Your understanding of the bible and Your relationship with Christ is the only one and all others fail, and go to hell? You are blinded to your own hypocrisy. Be careful all knowing one, for "Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." You miss the entire message, all that is important because of your pride. "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble".


All of that is true, but you are misunderstanding everything about Christianity. Being humble is not simply being immoral, doing what you like and living in sin yet having some kind of an emotion towards the cross in which, when you feel comfortable or when appropriate for you, you take the back seat at church and make yourself look good. I am deeply burdened and concerned about these lost people who believe they are saved.

You're psychotic, you don't even know these people. You don't know what is in the heart of anyone here. Furthermore it isn't your job to judge but God's. You seek differences and create your own private interpretation/relationship with Christ and judge all others by that. You continue on your path of arrogance and play the part of God by saying you know who believes what, and they need to meet your very specific criteria. My guess is that you need to stop trying to look into the hearts of others, and take a peak at your own defects of character that create this impregnable pride that you carry. Typically that is caused by fear (lack of faith).


Being humble is to get down on your knees in prayer all and to seek the face of God. To always put yourself last as you rightly said. Be compassionate and loving to everyone. To not boast but only boast about Jesus Christ.

Way wrong, way way way wrong. Being humble is knowing your right place among men and God. You are confused in knowing your place among men and God.

To not take good advice is being prideful.
Taking bad advice is foolish, giving blind advice out of personal fear is pride (actually worse, false pride).

I will be patient here, I will wait for people to become honest with Christ and themselves, I will pray on this issue that these people will see through their own disguise and that they will come to repentance and forgiveness.

I will tell you that you would be better served if you look inward upon your own self and pray for clarity and ask that someone comes on your path to help show you your own arrogance.

Matthew 7:21-23 clearly states that Jesus will say to those who believed themselves saved, that He never knew them, that they were false in His sight and were never justified under the cross. Yet they remained religious and unsaved, believing in their own works and trusted in their selves that they trusted in Jesus Christ rather that simply trusting in Jesus Christ. They never rejected themselves before Christ, but instead thought highly of themselves and wanted Christ also. God does not save the prideful.
You really don't understand any of that do you?


Can you give me scripture to back all what you said up? Because Jesus never said not to judge others, it says in John 7:24 "Stop judging by mere appearance, but instead judge correctly." So I judge by whether someone is saved by their words, and their actions and how they approach the faith.

Watch these two clips please.





We are not supposed to judge those without God.

We are not able to judge anyone to Hell.

We can council the wayward Christian, privately and respectfully. With all love.

If that doesn't work then we are to get a few more Christians and talk to him/her again.

If this person still refuses then they should be taken before the Church.

If they still persist THEN they are to be excommunicated from the Mass. Not for punishment, but out of love. This person is hurting themselves enough without receiving the Blood and Body of our Savior.

I have Scripture for all of this, just let me know if you need them. And all of this is based on clear and presence evidence, not the gossiping of the nosy.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:32:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:26:23 PM, jharry wrote:
I have Scripture for all of this, just let me know if you need them. And all of this is based on clear and presence evidence, not the gossiping of the nosy.

GodSands picks and chooses the scripture he accepts. I don't think he'll like the fact that you are Catholic.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:33:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:32:05 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:26:23 PM, jharry wrote:
I have Scripture for all of this, just let me know if you need them. And all of this is based on clear and presence evidence, not the gossiping of the nosy.

GodSands picks and chooses the scripture he accepts. I don't think he'll like the fact that you are Catholic.

I know, but that is his loss. I have never talked with him, I would enjoy the chance.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:34:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If i died right now, would i go to hell, Godsands?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:39:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:33:22 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:32:05 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:26:23 PM, jharry wrote:
I have Scripture for all of this, just let me know if you need them. And all of this is based on clear and presence evidence, not the gossiping of the nosy.

GodSands picks and chooses the scripture he accepts. I don't think he'll like the fact that you are Catholic.

I know, but that is his loss. I have never talked with him, I would enjoy the chance.

You think that now...
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.