Jump to topic:

Successful study habits

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2016 8:12:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
What are some of your successful studying habits? I want to know what has worked for some people so I might be able to apply them to myself.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 12:20:30 AM
At 1/5/2016 8:12:18 PM, TheFlex wrote:
What are some of your successful studying habits? I want to know what has worked for some people so I might be able to apply them to myself.

Time management is paramount. For social science and humanities courses, do not expend more time than is necessary to understand and accurately adduce the author's argument in a future essay or test (unless you're actually genuinely interested in the reading). When writing essays, always start and finish several days before the deadline, and thereafter re-read and edit your work -- the final product will be noticeably more refined than what others produce in their procrastinatory all-nighters.

Science courses tend to be more straight-forward. For high school students, I would suggest unequivocally that they read the textbook thoroughly and consistently, they literally needn't depend on anything else. For college students, they should go to every lecture, take accurate and comprehensive notes, and go to office hours to discuss the material (even if you think you understand it well) ... In my experience, people that do these things score well and people that don't tend not to.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 1:24:38 PM
At 1/6/2016 12:20:30 AM, 000ike wrote:

Time management is paramount. For social science and humanities courses, do not expend more time than is necessary to understand and accurately adduce the author's argument in a future essay or test (unless you're actually genuinely interested in the reading). When writing essays, always start and finish several days before the deadline, and thereafter re-read and edit your work -- the final product will be noticeably more refined than what others produce in their procrastinatory all-nighters.

Science courses tend to be more straight-forward. For high school students, I would suggest unequivocally that they read the textbook thoroughly and consistently, they literally needn't depend on anything else. For college students, they should go to every lecture, take accurate and comprehensive notes, and go to office hours to discuss the material (even if you think you understand it well) ... In my experience, people that do these things score well and people that don't tend not to.

Thanks for the help! If anyone has other advice it would be much appreciated.
imegan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2016 6:15:52 AM
My successful study habits are that I believe in Time management for example my daily routine was I woke up early in the morning around 6AM and study my subjects, as well as I study sharp at 10PM this is my daily routine. Now I am a professional teacher in a major London College.
http://www.theessayhelp.co.uk...
mushtandoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:44:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
The most important habit for any student - never put off until later what you can do now! It happened very often with me. There are so many websites that can make your homework instead of you but the quality of these sites is terrible.
Here is sites that I used 4 years and it is really cool:
https://buyessay.org...

Good luck!
Rosalie_S
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:30:22 AM
Posted: 9 months ago

Be organize
Have you ever found yourself up late at night with a huge cup of coffee or an extra energy drink? If so, it's right time to care about time-management. Don't leave everything at the eleventh hour.

Never procrastinate
Make a plan and understand what you exactly want. Besides, if it is utterly difficult to you define your goals in studying, take a piece of paper, think and write down your thoughts. Moreover, you can always use Mindmapping software, for instance this one http://www.mindmapping.com...

Keep balance between learning and social life
Needless to explain why. Everyone gets tired, bored and pathetic. So, find time for meetings with friends and relatives. Relax, take it easy!

Be honest
Don't lie for skipping classes. Sooner or later the truth will become evident. It also concerns cheating. Believe or not, but with cheating your studying will become much less effective. It's very easy and common to copy and paste text from the Internet, but almost every higher college uses plagiarism detection software like Unplag https://unplag.com... to prevent plagiarism.

Use study groups
Two head are better than one. Working in group is an effective way to understand material and prepare for the exams.
Rosalie_S
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 9:31:10 AM
Posted: 9 months ago

Be organized
Have you ever found yourself up late at night with a huge cup of coffee or an extra energy drink? If so, it's right time to care about time-management. Don't leave everything at the eleventh hour.

Never procrastinate
Make a plan and understand what you exactly want. Besides, if it is utterly difficult to you define your goals in studying, take a piece of paper, think and write down your thoughts. Moreover, you can always use Mindmapping software, for instance this one http://www.mindmapping.com...

Keep balance between learning and social life
Needless to explain why. Everyone gets tired, bored and pathetic. So, find time for meetings with friends and relatives. Relax, take it easy!

Be honest
Don't lie for skipping classes. Sooner or later the truth will become evident. It also concerns cheating. Believe or not, but with cheating your studying will become much less effective. It's very easy and common to copy and paste text from the Internet, but almost every higher college uses plagiarism detection software like Unplag https://unplag.com... to prevent plagiarism.

Use study groups
Two head are better than one. Working in group is an effective way to understand material and prepare for the exams.
kohli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 7:06:24 AM
Posted: 8 months ago

Habits of Highly Effective Students:-
1. Don't attempt to cram all your studying into one session.
2. Plan when you're going to study.
3. Study at the same time.

4. Each study time should have a specific goal.
5. Never procrasitinate your planned study session.
6. Start with the most difficult subject first.
7. Always review your notes before starting an assigment.
8. Make sure you're not distracted while you're studying.
9. Use study groups effectively.
10. Review your notes, schoolwork and other class materials over the weekend.
Shiromani Akali Dal
Liveena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 4:49:14 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Take this from a student who scored 300 on her MAP test (230 is average for an eleventh grader) when she was a ten-year-old, but the key is to actually enjoy your studies. You can read an interesting article about something going on in class, or whatever you feel like, although it has to be something interesting. What I do, if this fails, is I try to read and re-read, and occasionally test myself when the time comes to it. And, I almost forgot, never procrastinate. That is a large part of success.
SummerHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 9:17:15 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Well I think the most important is to have motivation. If you don't have it then it does not matter how much time you have for studying. I am a student (3rd semester) and I have so much paper work and no desire to do it. I found service https://www.privatewriting.com... and it somehow helps me. I think everyone were in my shoes.
BearHee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 2:39:15 AM
Inter cross different subjects:
This is a good way to keep your study interest, and prevent you from getting bored. I always schedule my study time to alternatively sduty humanities and sciences. For example, I will have one session of Physics followed by one session of Literature then Mathematics then History. Every time you turn to a new subject, you get some freshness. I always punctuate study sessions with sports, musics, a stroll on campus or in a nearby park and tea breaks
Ubermensch-Tsoa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 12:50:26 PM
From what i understand there are three different learning types: tactile, audio, and visual.
Depending on your learning style will have a huge impact on what study method is best for you. Obviously the basics should still apply to all though; establishing a routine with measurable objectives.
teenujohn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 9:08:09 AM
Successful study habit helps to gain achievements. There are many habits must be follow for success in study. That are first know dominant learning style and use that style, create and write down realistic study goals, make study time a part of daily routine. For more details visit http://essaywriting-servicereviews.com...
Dissertation Writing Services Reviews
Karighar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 7:53:49 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
It is a fact that Microsoft 74-678 testinside Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organisations, exam test is the most important exam.
HelenGreene
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:09:27 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I will suggest some effective study habits:
1. Plan before starting study.
2. Start with most difficult subject.
3. Make sure that you have a good and comfortable environment while studying.
4. Try group studies.
5. Revise what you have learned.
6. Study at the same time.

Hope this will help you.
(http://www.osamresume.com...)
KellyRett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 12:17:03 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Very important to think positively when you study, and remind yourself of your skills and abilities. Now I am doing my dissertation research, I need to write it till the end of this month, but I"m working so don"t have enough time for it. I asked for a little help here https://www.essaymasters.co.uk.... I used this service twice this year and completely satisfied with its work. I think an essential part of having a successful study is the ability to find different ways to solve the problem that happens.
EmmaBack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 9:28:39 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I was a good student in high school, but I strongly hated writing assignments. By accident, I was lucky to have found a great service that always helped me out ( https://buyessay.org... ). There are lots of things I really miss about being a student...
nancyeyre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 8:53:02 AM
A successful study habit cannot be made all of a sudden. It needs practice. Try to read daily and study daily. Keep the portions up-to-date. Don't attempt to merge all your studying into one single session. Plan before you're going to study. Each study time should have a specific goal and try to achieve it. For more you can visit on http://essaysmaster.com... and become a successful individual
research proposal writing service
David_Debates
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 5:18:57 PM

Everybody says "Take notes!" "Write everything down!"

They are right.

A bunch of index cards would be my best tip. Study from those rather than from your textbook, as your teacher (I'd assume you're in high school) will test you on things that he covered with you in class. Your notes should be all you need for something like literature class. However, I wouldn't recommend notes only for a class like mathematics or something technical like that.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:55:43 PM

Discipline and consistency.

I studied around 8 hours/day when I was unemployed (mostly 9-13:00 in the morning, then 16-20:00 in the afternoon). Except for the weekends. Some day I would skip study for whatever reason (generaly something important, like meeting with a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time, or etc) but I would move the study session to the weekend (usualy to saturday since most sundays I was tired of partying the night before).

The method changed depending on what I needed to study. If it were exercises like biochemistry, genetics, maths, etc. I would simply repeat the exercises again and again, making sure I understand deeply the solution before going on to the next. I easily spent the whole 4 hours in the afternoon with a single exercise. If I felt I had extra time, I looked for similar exercises in the internet and try to solve them. This was mainly to gain confidence that I could do that kind of exercise despite the content being slightly changed.

Now if I needed to study theory, like say "the nervous system". I would get the notes and first read them, stopping in the things I do not understand. I would use a teacher, a book from the library, or the internet, to understand everything deeply. This made me remember notes with extreme ease, and also gave me confidence because I felt I really knew what was talking about and I was not merely memorizing it (and therefore being open to error). After this process, I would underline the important about the notes. I would usualy make a second set of notes made out purely from the underlined text, erasing the rest. Since notes are usualy made by chapters (for example "the nervous system" would have something like "the nervous cells", "the neural impulse", "the nervous organs", etc.), I would read a chapter, then say it
(I mean literally say it talking like if I had a partner listening). Once I was able to say it fully without looking at the notes, I would go on and repeat the process with the next chapter, and so on. Once I had all the chapters memorized, I would go and say the whole chapters one after the other without looking at the notes. Then I would repeat the last stage until I had the test.

It really gave me very good results. The counterpart is that I wasn't able to study at the library because of the talking part. I still used the library for the first stages of the process and also for practicing exercises.

Hope it helps.
Wolfram
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 7:12:38 PM
Have you noticed that the forced study correlated with short-term memory? So I think enjoyment is the key to the long-term memories.

Good study habit takes commitment.

For example, I like the profession of blacksmith, so I study the methods of metallurgy, forge, anneal, austenitization, chemistry, and etching. In other words, it's addicting and exciting for me.