Jump to topic:

Do grades matter in college?

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 12:18:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have A's on all my mid terms, now i just wanna chill out and not do anything. Do grades matter in college or is it just fine to get all C's? I can just like attempt the Finals and probably get a C average.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 6:48:26 AM
Grades also matter if you want to go to grad school. Starting salaries used to depend on grades, but that sees to have ended. It may matter as to whether you are hired over someone with better grades. The next course in a series will be more difficult if you haven't mastered a prerequisite.

Still, a B would probably be OK.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 10:40:51 AM
At 10/31/2010 12:18:49 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I have A's on all my mid terms, now i just wanna chill out and not do anything. Do grades matter in college or is it just fine to get all C's? I can just like attempt the Finals and probably get a C average.

Well, on top of the other points raised, you can negotiate higher salaries with Latin Honors.

Cum Laude.

Magna Cum Laude.

Summa Cum Laude.

What school?
Bipolarmoment
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2010 7:09:17 AM
Matters most for your first job and even then experience (i.e. things you did in college or internships) is more important. I was asked my GPA for my second professional job and I have no idea whether it made a difference but considering it was not specifically impressive (i.e. just north of 3.0) it must not have damned me.

Best of luck.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2010 6:39:54 PM
At 10/31/2010 12:18:49 AM, Loserboi wrote:

I can give you a very clear answer if you just give me some info. What college are you going to? What are you majoring in? What do you plan to do when you graduate? What are your goals 10 years after graduation?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2010 6:44:04 PM
It matters for grad school acceptance. Also, I went to college on an academic scholarship so grades were definitely a factor. You may qualify for various grants or scholarships for maintaining good grades.