Jump to topic:

Should eSport teams be in schools?

Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:41:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Well, I don't think the following is an "educated and reasoned" opinion, because I don't think I can adhere to your strict standards of quality, and I'm not sure how that'd be possible with this topic, anyway.

The main reason that people oppose the idea is because it doesn't contain any physical activity, yeah? And all of our sports have been based on the idea that that's a requirement. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the two main genres within eSports is fighting games, and now, relatively recently, MOBAs. You have to recognize that these two, and just video games in general, require quite a bit of skill, and people who deny that don't know what they're talking about.
AvaPerez
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:55:13 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/3/2016 5:19:06 PM, D3M0N3X wrote:
Please only post researched and educated reasons!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course. It is under the questions
CarltonHerman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 9:21:56 AM
I"m pretty confident my High School was trying to set up an Esports club. I"ll observe if I can locate out any report to acquire to you. http://www.assignmentcorner.co.uk...
Stronn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 8:03:22 AM
You can have a chess club, so why not an eSports club? As long as it's kept purely extracurricular, I don't see why not.
judee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 7:22:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'm on the young ladies volleyball group at my secondary school http://www.assignmentland.co.uk... . Will be a green bean. Do I need to do customary P.E. that semester in case i'm on the volleyball group as of now? Additionally do many individuals go to the young ladies volleyball games at your school? simply pondering . much appreciated
alysewhitworth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 7:46:49 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Incredible tips and strategies to get more attention towards this game. Delighted in perusing the post. Adored the first point and section. keep it Up!
http://www.gethomeworkonline.com...
Mr.Wonderful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 8:54:13 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I think it would certainly engage most students more than Chess... and I like Chess, I just think that eSports definitely has some potential and I could really see it actually helping kids excel in other subjects as well... to another poster's jest... they actually do have school clubs dedicated to eSports in South Korea

Things eSports teach:

-Mathematics: There is a lot of math dedicated to figuring out strategy. The internet is full of spreadsheets and equations that are solely designed to help people compete in eSports competition.
-Critical Thinking: Much like chess, you need to outplay your opponent but eSports adds in advanced warfare tactics and quick reaction times.
-Economy: eSports teach resource management as well as the basics of prioritization requiring players to make good decisions for their long game without leaving themselves defenseless in the short run.

So actually yes, in fact I believe if you were to dedicate the first half of a school day to things like basic reading, writing (a seemingly lost art), history and some simple math and made the second half or the day about eSports not only would children be a bit smarter but they would also be a lot quicker to adapt and dare I say... much more engaged.

You could create maps or even entire games centered around historical battles and cultural development that would tie in directly to lesson plans with famous quotes in real time. Its one thing for children to read about the Civil War for example but to actually have them take control a scripted battle against an AI or other human being and actually re-enact it is something different entirely. There are so many games that already fill similar functions on the market that it would honestly be very easy to modify existing programs for these specific uses and it would give game developers an entirely new market to service and why not? This is exactly how kids are actually learning things today... the schools are failing so they go to the internet and ofter the game world for answers where they interact with other individuals... many far older than themselves and learn things all the time. As someone who spent a lot of time gaming I can tell you... kids love games and since I often end up in a leadership role in the games I play I can tell you... other players carry a lot of influence on young minds. Many times I often felt like I was in the role of parent or teacher and I never really had the time... but kids have asked me everything and anything from help with their homework to help with relationship issues and even some stuff I had to report to the proper authorities. The electronic world is how people interact today... and it is actually strange in my opinion due to the amount of socializing that occurs online that schools and parents aren't a lot more proactive in this arena where sure there is objectionable content but it also provides an important outlet and a place for young and old, and well frankly anybody to be themselves. This can be a problem but it is a large society unto itself without borders or restrictions. As the world becomes more electronically dependent and interactive we must adapt to stay on the cutting edge. I see eSports as being a logical step in the evolution of education and a big part of why countries that readily adopt and incorporate technological advances into their education system fare so much better in terms of performance than ones that don't.
Raka44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 9:06:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I think this should be the part of schools. In my school we have even online gaming classes in which I mostly play Roblox and get robux from this website absolutely free of cost. http://robloxrobuxtix.com...
Stuard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 5:34:25 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Impossible tips and strategies to get more helpfulness towards this game. Pleased in examining the post. Revered the first opinion and section. http://www.ukwritingexperts.co.uk...
gilkai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 11:31:27 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 3/9/2016 8:03:22 AM, Stronn wrote:
You can have a chess club, so why not an eSports club? As long as it's kept purely extracurricular, I don't see why not.

Maybe because playing games is one the main reasons why students slack at school?
MasterJames
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 7:01:14 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/12/2016 11:31:27 AM, gilkai wrote:
At 3/9/2016 8:03:22 AM, Stronn wrote:

Maybe because playing games is one the main reasons why students slack at school?

I don't fully agree. Games can actually help with learning. Also I have to agree that not all the games teach something useful.
Maybe it's just you