Jump to topic:

College. Succeeding.

ViatorVerum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 7:25:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am simply a sophomore in high school. Not meaning to sound arrogant, I find that I have a mind that is able to do... more things... than others in my small school. While this is true, I find that I'm lazy and easily distracted, something that gets in the way of deep desire to get excellent grades to get in college and eventually Berkeley.

My question is to people that have that problem of laziness, procrastination, and of being easily distracted. How did you solve this? What did it take? I want to better myself, but my negative traits continue to return. Help?
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 8:37:08 PM
At 11/2/2010 7:25:48 PM, ViatorVerum wrote:
I am simply a sophomore in high school. Not meaning to sound arrogant, I find that I have a mind that is able to do... more things... than others in my small school. While this is true, I find that I'm lazy and easily distracted, something that gets in the way of deep desire to get excellent grades to get in college and eventually Berkeley.

My question is to people that have that problem of laziness, procrastination, and of being easily distracted. How did you solve this? What did it take? I want to better myself, but my negative traits continue to return. Help?

Extreme fear of failure helped in my case. Strong driving ambition often helps, in the short run. Being true to one's self is probably a better method, but not a lesson I had learned at that point.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 8:55:50 PM

A real challenge will separate the delusional meek from the suffused strong.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 8:57:03 PM
Also, if you think you're really dope and you're tired of where you are, take the GED, GRE, SATs, and ACTs, then take your behind to Berkley.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 10:25:11 PM

Your account says you're 32, lol.

Anyway. I found that I have an issue with doing 13 week long classes (not really an option in HS) and did a lot better in accelerate college classes (4 - 6 weeks for an entire term).

I took college classes during my summer breaks during high school. That is because I found that I'd get bored of summer break after a few days.

I also find that cycling through my video games helps (I'll play FF7, then a different game, and a different game, and a different game, and eventually come back to FF7 and just go through the cycle over and over again).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 9:57:33 AM

Still trying to figure that out