fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 4:12:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Which one?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:34:09 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 2/25/2016 4:12:39 AM, fire_wings wrote:
Which one?

Depends on who you are. Different systems work better for different people. I did better at public school. My little sister prefers being homeschooled.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 7:41:12 PM
At 2/26/2016 10:59:53 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
Which one?

Normal schooling.

Why?

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 7:41:24 PM
At 3/8/2016 12:09:28 AM, Icestar wrote:
Normal school because you could make friends.

Okay

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 7:41:35 PM
At 3/13/2016 1:34:09 AM, Godgirl wrote:
Which one?

Depends on who you are. Different systems work better for different people. I did better at public school. My little sister prefers being homeschooled.

Okay

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 7:41:44 PM
At 3/13/2016 4:03:33 PM, snkcake666 wrote:
Public schooling is a societal joke.

Why?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:19:48 PM
At 3/20/2016 7:41:12 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Which one?

Normal schooling.

Why?

Because pupils become used to sharing resources and develop social skills. A school delivers a more accurate reflection of life than home schooling.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 5:34:11 PM
At 3/21/2016 9:13:42 AM, kohli wrote:
normal shooling is best we can make friends and socialy active.

okay. but what about the education between these two?

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 5:34:45 PM
At 3/20/2016 9:19:48 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/20/2016 7:41:12 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Which one?

Normal schooling.

Why?

Because pupils become used to sharing resources and develop social skills. A school delivers a more accurate reflection of life than home schooling.

how about the actual education?

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 5:35:09 PM

how about the education?

Foxian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 6:36:11 PM
Normal school.
Homeschooling in China is normally done for children with mental disabilities and by parents who think that normal schools in China are too stressful and too rigid.
In every case I've heard of, which isn't many because homeschooling in China isn't common, children who were home-schooled perform worse on the zhongkao (high school entrance test) and the gaokao (college entrance test).
Porpoise
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:33:36 AM

And also because everyone needs some quality time away from their family. ;)
Selcouth_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:09:49 PM
Which one?

I would say that it depends on the situation, but if your parent(s) is/are intelligent and competent enough to receive a license or whatever you need to home-school children, I believe that homeschooling would be the better option. At a normal school, there are simply too many distractions to create proper learning environment for many kids. If a child is popular in school, they will most likely focus more on the social aspect than getting their work done and learning. When you're someone who's bullied, you can also get too tied up in the social circles of a middle or high school, and become too busy trying to treat your wounds in the bathroom from getting shoved into lockers, or hiding from the bullies, to go to class. In my case, the pressure and constant competition from trying to be at the top of the class oftentimes gets in the way of your learning experience, and sometimes even discourages one from caring about school because of their sense of incompetence and stupidity from not being at the top all the time. Homeschooling can help a child focus on their learning experiences and is more effective in helping a child learn what they really love to do, thus making it easier for them to make a proper career choice. And although some people say that homeschooled children are less social, this isn't always true, for their parents should be able to let them interact with their neighbors, co-workers' children, kids at the park or who attend their church/mosque/synagogue, etc.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~ Charles Bukowski

Formerly known as kawaii_crazy. I'm back.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 7:28:10 AM
At 3/13/2016 4:03:33 PM, snkcake666 wrote:
Public schooling is a societal joke.

Don't be so generous.

Jokes don't ruin people's brains/lives.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:38:53 PM
It depends on a lot of things. The whole social problem with homeschooling is a myth, btw. It entirely depends on how competent (and wealthy) your parents are, which is what one ultimately has to consider to make the determination. Coming from a poorer family, I benefited tremendously from public school.

There are many who object to public school, and some have valid grounds, while others don't. If your parents are orthodox and dogmatic, public school is good for exposure. If parents encourage inquiry, that's not necessary.

As well, you have to consider the quality of the public schools around. My high school was public and fantastic. Inner city schools probably aren't.

For some people, the choice between home and normal school is a false dichotomy. I knew a smart guy who took humanities at home, and other courses at school.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:49:52 PM
At 3/29/2016 9:38:53 PM, SolonKR wrote:
It depends on a lot of things. The whole social problem with homeschooling is a myth, btw. It entirely depends on how competent (and wealthy) your parents are, which is what one ultimately has to consider to make the determination. Coming from a poorer family, I benefited tremendously from public school.

There are many who object to public school, and some have valid grounds, while others don't. If your parents are orthodox and dogmatic, public school is good for exposure. If parents encourage inquiry, that's not necessary.

As well, you have to consider the quality of the public schools around. My high school was public and fantastic. Inner city schools probably aren't.

For some people, the choice between home and normal school is a false dichotomy. I knew a smart guy who took humanities at home, and other courses at school.

I wasn't the smartest person at my school and I always felt held back, and found the curriculum to be very test oriented, while I was actually trying to learn things. The biggest issue I had was my school had limited fast track programs, so we were always slowed down by the slowest child and a lot of time went wasted.

Since the teachers rarely taught me anything, I figure I would have been better off homeschooled.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.