Jump to topic:

Brain Training Games

vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:27:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do they work ?Furthermore are there any better ways of improving your memory and sharpening your mind in general?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 4:04:14 PM
At 11/7/2010 7:27:25 AM, vardas0antras wrote:
Do they work ?Furthermore are there any better ways of improving your memory and sharpening your mind in general?

Improve memory: Yes, there are proven techniques to dramatically improve your recall ability. I'm sure I left a link to a resource in your memory thread

Sharpen your mind: Constantly challenge yourself. If you're a crossword kind of person, do a sudoku and vice versa. Read about things that interest you. Read about random things. My mum always used to tell me: "Reading is for your mind what working out is for your body".
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 5:22:39 PM

Our brain loses stimulation from repetitive tasks and thus beings to atrophy. Do anything that challenges yourself.

One recommended technique is to do tasks (like writing) with your non-dominant hand.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 8:56:53 AM
At 11/7/2010 5:22:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Our brain loses stimulation from repetitive tasks and thus beings to atrophy. Do anything that challenges yourself.

One recommended technique is to do tasks (like writing) with your non-dominant hand.

How will writing with my left hand improve my memory?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ