Jump to topic:

Biopower : Where did it come from?

losedotexe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 4:01:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
As far as I've been in debate, I've loved the value of biopower. It's by far my favorite, but upon searching for a clear definition, I am unable to find one that matches the version i learned.

The way I was taught biopower was : An individual has a right to their body, it is their 'temple', and as such, no one has a right to do something against their wishes that involves their body. (basically)

Where did this definition come from, or am I confused on what biopower is?

thanks!!
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 4:21:46 PM
i always liked jolteon the most.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 6:57:24 PM
Gurren Lagann . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 6:58:56 PM
At 11/8/2010 4:21:46 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
i always liked jolteon the most.

Espeon and Umbreon are tied for me.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 11:35:31 AM
Wow, you guys are so helpful...

The term biopower comes from the philosophy of Michel Foucault. http://en.wikipedia.org...

And Mew is by far the best Pokemon.

Kadabra is also legit, but it gets ugly when it evolves.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)