Jump to topic:

Home Schooling Advantages

Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 10:39:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I was brought up in a typical public education program. I always felt held back because with only a few exceptions like psychology class, and grammar, my mother taught me everything I learned in elementary/middle/high school and more, or I went out and learned it myself before the teachers taught it. I always felt like school was the biggest waste of time in the world, and I think I could have graduated at the age of 16, had I not had all my time eaten up by lectures and long assignment times. I mean I was learning it on my own in half the time. It just came natural to me, and my teachers were good, but they were so SLOW.

So I was wondering, what are the advantageous of home schooling beyond not being limited by your education system?

What are the disadvantages?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 5:44:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
One of the trickier disadvantages is the social aspect. While the US education system is generally deplorable for K-12, at least kids get socialized, even if it is in an overly age segregated way. A lot of parents do their kids a disservice by not providing opportunity to get out with their piers when homeschooled.

I've seen plenty of homeschoolers avoid it, striking a great balance of socially rounded, well-educated kids, but it takes care.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
chrismartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 6:52:09 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Home schooled understudies regularly score better and can exceed expectations scholastically past their companions who have gone to state funded school. Be that as it may,buy essay online I trust the social boundaries far exceed these advantages. They don't have normal cooperation with children their own age, and I truly understand that they miss a ton.
MasterJames
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 6:12:33 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
It is maybe better to be together with other people your age. School is not only about learning math but also leanring how to cooperate with other people.
Maybe it's just you
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 8:17:59 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 3/21/2016 10:39:52 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
So I was wondering, what are the advantageous of home schooling beyond not being limited by your education system?

Less bullying and no political indoctrination by progressive teachers.

Bullying can discourage antisocial behaviors, but parents should do that anyway.

Indoctrination is the big one for me. I would never send my children to public school for fear of it.

What are the disadvantages?

Stupid parents with bad social skills.

This is really make or break. If you're a lousy parent, you'll negate the advantages I mentioned above, so you might as well send your kids to school.
dmankit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:26:27 AM
Posted: 5 days ago
Hello
Yes, There are advantages of home schooling. But, Schooling is also necessary. We got to school not only to learn the subjects. But also to learn to how to live in the society. School teaches us to face the competitive environment. It increases our confidence level. It teaches us leadership and teamwork. Also, we can learn these things in the home schooling. But, In home schooling, These qualities will not be grown properly.
Thanks
annazza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 9:14:43 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 5/5/2016 5:44:27 AM, Skynet wrote:
One of the trickier disadvantages is the social aspect. While the US education system is generally deplorable for K-12, at least kids get socialized, even if it is in an overly age segregated way. A lot of parents do their kids a disservice by not providing opportunity to get out with their piers when homeschooled.

I've seen plenty of homeschoolers avoid it, striking a great balance of socially rounded, well-educated kids, but it takes care.

Agree. As I saying my friend was studying at home and in the high school she was suffering from being dissocial. I saw she's good person and tried to break fresh ground