Jump to topic:

Home Schooling Advantages

Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 10:39:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was brought up in a typical public education program. I always felt held back because with only a few exceptions like psychology class, and grammar, my mother taught me everything I learned in elementary/middle/high school and more, or I went out and learned it myself before the teachers taught it. I always felt like school was the biggest waste of time in the world, and I think I could have graduated at the age of 16, had I not had all my time eaten up by lectures and long assignment times. I mean I was learning it on my own in half the time. It just came natural to me, and my teachers were good, but they were so SLOW.

So I was wondering, what are the advantageous of home schooling beyond not being limited by your education system?

What are the disadvantages?
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 5:44:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
One of the trickier disadvantages is the social aspect. While the US education system is generally deplorable for K-12, at least kids get socialized, even if it is in an overly age segregated way. A lot of parents do their kids a disservice by not providing opportunity to get out with their piers when homeschooled.

I've seen plenty of homeschoolers avoid it, striking a great balance of socially rounded, well-educated kids, but it takes care.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
chrismartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 6:52:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Home schooled understudies regularly score better and can exceed expectations scholastically past their companions who have gone to state funded school. Be that as it may,buy essay online I trust the social boundaries far exceed these advantages. They don't have normal cooperation with children their own age, and I truly understand that they miss a ton.
MasterJames
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 6:12:33 PM
It is maybe better to be together with other people your age. School is not only about learning math but also leanring how to cooperate with other people.
Maybe it's just you
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 8:17:59 PM
At 3/21/2016 10:39:52 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
So I was wondering, what are the advantageous of home schooling beyond not being limited by your education system?

Less bullying and no political indoctrination by progressive teachers.

Bullying can discourage antisocial behaviors, but parents should do that anyway.

Indoctrination is the big one for me. I would never send my children to public school for fear of it.

Stupid parents with bad social skills.

This is really make or break. If you're a lousy parent, you'll negate the advantages I mentioned above, so you might as well send your kids to school.
dmankit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:26:27 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Hello
Yes, There are advantages of home schooling. But, Schooling is also necessary. We got to school not only to learn the subjects. But also to learn to how to live in the society. School teaches us to face the competitive environment. It increases our confidence level. It teaches us leadership and teamwork. Also, we can learn these things in the home schooling. But, In home schooling, These qualities will not be grown properly.
Thanks
annazza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 9:14:43 AM
At 5/5/2016 5:44:27 AM, Skynet wrote:
One of the trickier disadvantages is the social aspect. While the US education system is generally deplorable for K-12, at least kids get socialized, even if it is in an overly age segregated way. A lot of parents do their kids a disservice by not providing opportunity to get out with their piers when homeschooled.

I've seen plenty of homeschoolers avoid it, striking a great balance of socially rounded, well-educated kids, but it takes care.

Agree. As I saying my friend was studying at home and in the high school she was suffering from being dissocial. I saw she's good person and tried to break fresh ground
torywilson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2016 5:57:50 PM
In public school vs. homeschool, teachers are forced to juggle the educational needs of a large group of students with a wide range of abilities. Parents who choose homeschool often want to set higher standards for their children, choose quality curriculum or have the flexibility to work at a faster pace in the subjects in which their students excel.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2016 11:27:09 PM
Being the kind of kid I was my mother would have killed me before i'd learned my A.B.C's.
HEALTH WARNING!. Contact with WYLTED can damage your brain.
ShabShoral is beneath notice.
WagnerZack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2016 12:28:44 PM
One of the trickier weaknesses is the social viewpoint. While the US instruction framework is by and large wretched, at any rate kids get mingled, regardless of the possibility that it is in an excessively age isolated way. A great deal of guardians do their children an injury by not giving chance to get out with their docks when self-taught. It is possibly better to be as one with other individuals your age. School is about learning math as well as learning how to participate with other individuals.
Jackkevin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2016 10:01:15 AM
Homeschooling can be extremely upsetting, but at the same time it's fulfilling. In any case, self-teaching is not for each parent, and guardians ill-equipped or unwilling to make the dedication to be a successful instructor ought to stay away from it. For Information Please Visit Our Website
Jackkevin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2016 10:01:55 AM
Homeschooling can be extremely upsetting, but at the same time it's fulfilling. In any case, self-teaching is not for each parent, and guardians ill-equipped or unwilling to make the dedication to be a successful instructor ought to stay away from it. For Information Please Visit Our Website http://www.essaythinker.co.uk...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2016 7:00:54 PM
So long as I can afford to not work (or work within a particular schedule) I fully intend on home-schooling my kids. I sincerely hope that I am able to. I don't worry about not "socializing" my kids and I think that's a pretty strange concern... unless you live in the boonies, but I don't. My kids will have plenty of friends and opportunities for socializing including intramural sports, clubs or any hobbies they enjoy. If they want to play an instrument then I'll have them join a band. If they want to learn science all day, then I'll send them to Space Camp. I don't see why they wouldn't play with my friend's children or kids in the neighborhood as well.

Personally I would like to home-school because I think I could give my kids a much better education. I don't like that schools inhibit learning by being forced to ensure 20+ students are all on the same page. It significantly slows down and stifles the smarter children. I also dislike the forced breaks (like ending the day at 3 pm, Summer vacation, etc.) and I find the standardization to be so incredibly inefficient. By homeschooling I could tailor the lessons to a schedule that's convenient. I plan to incorporate a lot of hands on learning, field trips, all different subjects (including things they don't tech you in school - like entrepreneurship, how to do taxes and personal finance to name a few), significant use of technology, advanced reading from a young age and enlisting the help of many tutors - especially for math and science, which are not my particular strong suits.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2016 8:05:25 PM
At 12/19/2016 7:00:54 PM, Danielle wrote:
So long as I can afford to not work (or work within a particular schedule) I fully intend on home-schooling my kids. I sincerely hope that I am able to. I don't worry about not "socializing" my kids and I think that's a pretty strange concern... unless you live in the boonies, but I don't. My kids will have plenty of friends and opportunities for socializing including intramural sports, clubs or any hobbies they enjoy. If they want to play an instrument then I'll have them join a band. If they want to learn science all day, then I'll send them to Space Camp. I don't see why they wouldn't play with my friend's children or kids in the neighborhood as well.

Personally I would like to home-school because I think I could give my kids a much better education. I don't like that schools inhibit learning by being forced to ensure 20+ students are all on the same page. It significantly slows down and stifles the smarter children. I also dislike the forced breaks (like ending the day at 3 pm, Summer vacation, etc.) and I find the standardization to be so incredibly inefficient. By homeschooling I could tailor the lessons to a schedule that's convenient. I plan to incorporate a lot of hands on learning, field trips, all different subjects (including things they don't tech you in school - like entrepreneurship, how to do taxes and personal finance to name a few), significant use of technology, advanced reading from a young age and enlisting the help of many tutors - especially for math and science, which are not my particular strong suits.
What if your kids WANT to go to school like the other kids.? Will you stop them playing with their friends?. Will you force them to learn your way or punish them when they refuse to learn.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2016 8:17:13 PM
At 12/19/2016 7:00:54 PM, Danielle wrote:

As someone who is really, really good at mathematics, I will tutor your children. And I'll also father them, if you're stuck.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
annazza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2016 3:48:34 PM
At 12/17/2016 10:01:55 AM, Jackkevin wrote:
Homeschooling can be extremely upsetting, but at the same time it's fulfilling. In any case, self-teaching is not for each parent, and guardians ill-equipped or unwilling to make the dedication to be a successful instructor ought to stay away from it. For Information Please Visit Our Website http://www.essaythinker.co.uk...

As for me I prefer not to use all these services. I tried two - this one and one which is more faster - http://ukwritings.com...
annazza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2016 3:54:01 PM
At 12/19/2016 8:17:13 PM, Devilry wrote:
As someone who is really, really good at mathematics, I will tutor your children. And I'll also father them, if you're stuck.

How would you say - the Math is like a gift? Maybe some just weren't created to understanding it? Or all about the teacher?
David_Debates
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2016 5:38:36 PM
At 3/21/2016 10:39:52 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
I was brought up in a typical public education program. I always felt held back because with only a few exceptions like psychology class, and grammar, my mother taught me everything I learned in elementary/middle/high school and more, or I went out and learned it myself before the teachers taught it. I always felt like school was the biggest waste of time in the world, and I think I could have graduated at the age of 16, had I not had all my time eaten up by lectures and long assignment times. I mean I was learning it on my own in half the time. It just came natural to me, and my teachers were good, but they were so SLOW.

The ability to teach yourself in High School allows you to appreciate learning, far more than that of the majority of public schoolers. The school environment (from my experience as a homeschooler) is a friendly, customizable experience where you still must finish work on time, follow a curriculum, yet you may tailor it to your needs.

If you are not self motivated, you will have a very bad time. There are many examples of kids that I know who struggled to homeschool because the kids did not want to.
People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.
-Black Science Man
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2016 8:56:44 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 12/19/2016 8:05:25 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
What if your kids WANT to go to school like the other kids.?

I would consider it.

Will you stop them playing with their friends?.

No.

Will you force them to learn your way or punish them when they refuse to learn.

No.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2016 7:36:52 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 12/30/2016 8:56:44 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/19/2016 8:05:25 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
What if your kids WANT to go to school like the other kids.?

I would consider it.

Will you stop them playing with their friends?.

No.

Will you force them to learn your way or punish them when they refuse to learn.

No.

Perhaps the answer might be to find 2/3 others to create a class of no more than 4 pupils. If 2 of you attend each class it would make it easier to help the pupils having difficulties on a 1/1 basis while still teaching the others.
DeclanPowell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2017 1:03:31 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
As a student, i do not have enough time to go to school regularly. So i always like homeschooling. I can do my work while homeschooling,hanging out with friends,do gym etc.Even i take help for my dissertation writing through online website help.co.uk/">http://www.realdissertation...<x>help.co.uk/