Jump to topic:

Speed-Listening

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 5:13:14 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I'm an auditory learner. I remember every song I've ever heard, and lectures stick in my brain much longer than reading a book does, so most of my studying involves audiobooks or video lectures.

I'm really glad that youtube has the option to increase the speed of videos 1.25x/1.5x/2x, because it's really sped up my ability to study things. It feels like I'm straight-up downloading knowledge into my brain. Do any of you study like this? I can literally study an entire course in one night and be ready for the exam the next day. It'd still probably be better to study a little bit every day rather than cramming audiobooks just because I can, but w/e it's worked every time so far and I seem to retain the main points long-term anyway.

I just wish youtube had even faster options, tbh.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
edwardsantiago
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 5:20:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I find that some people who have to take instructions over the phone have a challenging time listening especially if they interrupt constantly during the explanation. This situation can be quite frustrating and challenging for both the speaker and the listener. I'd like to see some advice on this type of scenario because it omits the body language aspect.