Jump to topic:

Free TV's for vasectomies

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 1:07:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
My mom is a teacher for at risk students she and other teaches in similar fields agree that, if the government gave some incentive to poor ignorant parents to not have children, the world would be a much better place.

Anyone who has dealt with kids from less fortunate families knows they just feed the cycle.

it's very sad and hard to talk about, but the only way to break the cycle is too stop those terrible family situations from occurring.

It's so sad to see these kids. They come to school with dirty clothes, and a terrible home lives. Everyone knows there is no hope for many of them. We can do our best for the 5 hours we see them at school, but that won't be enough, they won't go to college and they are going to end up just like their parents.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 2:58:04 PM
Or free ultra-radioactive laptops.

Perfect sperm killers
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 3:01:25 PM
Also, vasectomies aren't free (esp. not for the uninsured), so you'd have to give away really nice TV's. Only a 46 inch or bigger 1080p HDTV would be worth the cost.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Sam_Lowry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 3:42:27 PM
Horrible idea that amounts to class warfare. It's not terribly surprising that poor people don't go to college considering the costs involved and the institutional disadvantages being poor. The idea that poor people are inherently bad parents basically makes you and everyone who shares your opinion a horrible person.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 4:23:08 PM
At 11/27/2010 3:42:27 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
Horrible idea that amounts to class warfare. It's not terribly surprising that poor people don't go to college considering the costs involved and the institutional disadvantages being poor. The idea that poor people are inherently bad parents basically makes you and everyone who shares your opinion a horrible person.

No one is too poor to be a good parent. You have strawmanned the OP.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:04:29 PM
At 11/27/2010 3:48:30 PM, Puck wrote:
They are also easily and cheaply reversible. How does your plan deal with that?

Free HBO monthly subscription unless you get it reversed.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:25:22 PM
At 11/27/2010 1:07:52 AM, lewis20 wrote:
My mom is a teacher for at risk students she and other teaches in similar fields agree that, if the government gave some incentive to poor ignorant parents to not have children, the world would be a much better place.

Anyone who has dealt with kids from less fortunate families knows they just feed the cycle.

it's very sad and hard to talk about, but the only way to break the cycle is too stop those terrible family situations from occurring.

It's so sad to see these kids. They come to school with dirty clothes, and a terrible home lives. Everyone knows there is no hope for many of them. We can do our best for the 5 hours we see them at school, but that won't be enough, they won't go to college and they are going to end up just like their parents.

1) That's a hell of a lot of vasectomies.
2) That's a hell of a lawt of TVs.
3) Even if I was poor, I would take my ability to ^^ over my ability to watch TV.
4) If I was poor, could I AFFORD to watch TV? Who's paying for my cable?

It's a good idea, but a flawed idea.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:26:15 PM
At 11/27/2010 4:23:08 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I've always wondered what OP stood for... never really got it. But I think I understood it out of context. Is it "original post"?
:
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:27:21 PM
At 11/27/2010 5:26:15 PM, m93samman wrote:

I've always wondered what OP stood for... never really got it. But I think I understood it out of context. Is it "original post"?

Yes. ^_^
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:27:39 PM
At 11/27/2010 5:26:15 PM, m93samman wrote:

Original Poster, sometimes also Original Post.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:29:29 PM
Sometimes I impress myself
:
:
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2010 11:08:19 AM
No one said poor people can't be good parents.
Fact is most of these ignorant people would gladly give up the ability to have children for a big tv.
I'm pointing out there is a cycle in poor ignorant families, the kids have terrible home lives, this leads to them not passing or doing well in school and no hope for the future. fueling the cycle.
I know none of this is politically correct.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2010 11:19:21 AM
At 11/27/2010 3:48:30 PM, Puck wrote:
They are also easily and cheaply reversible. How does your plan deal with that?

what Plan?

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2010 5:18:59 PM
At 11/28/2010 11:08:19 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Fact is most of these ignorant people would gladly give up the ability to have children for a big tv.
I'm pointing out there is a cycle in poor ignorant families, the kids have terrible home lives, this leads to them not passing or doing well in school and no hope for the future. fueling the cycle.

There are ignorant rich people to you know most of the poor cannot afford to be ignorant most poor people are not ignorant they just have bad situations, so if you want to give the "Ignorant" vasectomies give the "Ignorant" vasectomies just don't lump all of the poor together, plus many times people work there way out of poverty (not becoming rich in most instances just middle class . . .) and that is why in our nation we have capitalism "where fortunes are made and lost all in the blink of an eye" it gives you a chance and plus most "Ignorant" folk don't know what a vasectomy is and I am relatively certain most males are all too fond of their balls to give them up . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2010 5:52:03 PM
At 11/30/2010 5:18:59 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I am relatively certain most males are all too fond of their balls to give them up . . .

Vasectomy =/= castration. >.<

It's just a simple cut and tie procedure. Useful for those of us who do not desire children.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2010 6:04:17 PM

There are ignorant rich people to you know most of the poor cannot afford to be ignorant most poor people are not ignorant they just have bad situations, so if you want to give the "Ignorant" vasectomies give the "Ignorant" vasectomies just don't lump all of the poor together, plus many times people work there way out of poverty (not becoming rich in most instances just middle class . . .) and that is why in our nation we have capitalism "where fortunes are made and lost all in the blink of an eye" it gives you a chance and plus most "Ignorant" folk don't know what a vasectomy is and I am relatively certain most males are all too fond of their balls to give them up . . .

We don't have capitalism in this country.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2010 6:32:13 PM
At 11/30/2010 6:04:17 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

We don't have capitalism in this country.

Crony Capitalism but it is as good as it needs to be . . . except we could do without the FCC . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 10:39:13 AM

Well said.

Poor kids should be given the same opportunity to succeed in life as rich kids – that means state-funded health and education paid for by taxing high-earners – but many of the financially-privileged don't like that idea, they'd rather keep all their money to themselves and have the poor exterminated, as the OP suggests.

Actually, I find the OP personally offensive as, had this policy been implemented before I was born, well, I wouldn't have been born!

That's because my father was a plater in the shipyards at a time when all the shipyards were closing down. Therefore, he either had to accept a pittance in pay or rely on meagre government-handouts.

My parents' poverty meant I was born into family that lived in a house with just two rooms: a bedroom and living room; there was no kitchen (just a sink in the corner with cold water only), no bathroom (just an outside toilet shared by four families and a tin bath that was put in front of the coal fire).

Still, since I started work I have managed not only to repay what the state invested in my health and education but far, far more besides.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 4:46:07 PM
At 11/27/2010 5:25:22 PM, m93samman wrote:
3) Even if I was poor, I would take my ability to ^^ over my ability to watch TV.

you can still have sex, you just can't get anyone pregnant. isn't that like a dream come true for guys?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 4:51:15 PM
At 12/7/2010 10:39:13 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Actually, I find the OP personally offensive as, had this policy been implemented before I was born, well, I wouldn't have been born!

Really? Policy? give me a break. would your parents have chosen a big screen tv over you? hey then, you got nothing to worry about. Think you missed the point.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 4:55:07 PM
And I can't believe anyone is taking "TV's for vasectomies" seriously. Its an article that would appear in the onion, not a bill that would go before congress.

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 4:55:15 PM
At 12/7/2010 4:46:07 PM, belle wrote:
At 11/27/2010 5:25:22 PM, m93samman wrote:

you can still have sex, you just can't get anyone pregnant. isn't that like a dream come true for guys?

Nope!
Minister Of Trolling
:
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2010 10:36:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
My friend recently got a vasectomy. He was in some pretty bad pain weeks later, and was complaining about his sex drive being all but completely lost. Sorry - I'll keep my balls.
no comment
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2010 2:45:41 PM
At 12/16/2010 10:36:48 AM, Caramel wrote:
My friend recently got a vasectomy. He was in some pretty bad pain weeks later, and was complaining about his sex drive being all but completely lost. Sorry - I'll keep my balls.

Keep em' connected you mean

belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 1:31:25 PM
At 12/16/2010 10:36:48 AM, Caramel wrote:

lol disconnecting the tube that delivers sperm doesn't interfere with male hormones in any way. if his sex drive went down its probably because he's in pain. once he's completely healed he should bounce back.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2010 3:34:50 AM
At 12/7/2010 10:39:13 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Well said.

Poor kids should be given the same opportunity to succeed in life as rich kids – that means state-funded health and education paid for by taxing high-earners – but many of the financially-privileged don't like that idea, they'd rather keep all their money to themselves and have the poor exterminated, as the OP suggests.

That's because my father was a plater in the shipyards at a time when all the shipyards were closing down. Therefore, he either had to accept a pittance in pay or rely on meagre government-handouts.

My parents' poverty meant I was born into family that lived in a house with just two rooms: a bedroom and living room; there was no kitchen (just a sink in the corner with cold water only), no bathroom (just an outside toilet shared by four families and a tin bath that was put in front of the coal fire).

Still, since I started work I have managed not only to repay what the state invested in my health and education but far, far more besides.

Its hard to tell if your serious or not but I agree with it anyway.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave