Jump to topic:

What do you study and why

WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:32:32 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
As the title says, what do you study (at University) or plan to study, and why? What are your future career goals which you hope to reach through your studies?

I'll start:

Finance and Business Management (International Business),
I would like to work in finance (investment finance), such as a hedge-fund, and possibly manage one.

If that does not fully work out, I will study law, focused on international business.

If it does work out, I most likely would study law or physics/maths for the satisfaction of a phd, if not in finance, later in life.

The reason why I study Finance is because the theoretical calculations of finance are quite enjoyable for myself, and I love the stock market. International Business is as I also have a grand passion for law and this would be the area of law I would like to operate in.

And physics/maths as I have always enjoyed calculations (especially physics) and seeing that my father is a physicist it would kind of suit.

So much about myself, what about you?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:36:46 AM
At 4/22/2016 4:32:32 AM, WAM wrote:
As the title says, what do you study (at University) or plan to study, and why? What are your future career goals which you hope to reach through your studies?

I'll start:

I would like to work in finance (investment finance), such as a hedge-fund, and possibly manage one.

If that does not fully work out, I will study law, focused on international business.

If it does work out, I most likely would study law or physics/maths for the satisfaction of a phd, if not in finance, later in life.

The reason why I study Finance is because the theoretical calculations of finance are quite enjoyable for myself, and I love the stock market. International Business is as I also have a grand passion for law and this would be the area of law I would like to operate in.

And physics/maths as I have always enjoyed calculations (especially physics) and seeing that my father is a physicist it would kind of suit.

How to Start a Cult and Rule the World for Dummies.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 4:57:47 AM
At 4/22/2016 4:36:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll start:

Just don't forget to keep a supply of cyanide....
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 5:00:26 AM
At 4/22/2016 4:57:47 AM, WAM wrote:

I'll start:

But we are committing revolutionary suicide.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 5:03:34 AM
At 4/22/2016 5:00:26 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll start:

Well, for exactly that reason you will need it..
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 5:06:12 AM
At 4/22/2016 5:03:34 AM, WAM wrote:

I'll start:

That was an actual quote by Jim Jones. Although, he also didn't want to rule the world. He wanted asylum in Russia because his followers killed a US senator (only senator to die on foreign soil), but Russia wouldn't take them so they drank the Kool-Aid.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 5:39:06 AM
At 4/22/2016 5:06:12 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll start:

That was an actual quote by Jim Jones. Although, he also didn't want to rule the world. He wanted asylum in Russia because his followers killed a US senator (only senator to die on foreign soil), but Russia wouldn't take them so they drank the Kool-Aid.

That's why I said you should have cyanide handy..

On a side note, the quote is a little off, his followers did not kill a senator, the congressman they killed also was not the only congressman who died, while being in office, outside of the US (depends how you define soil, the other congressman was in a plane which was shot down over the sea). Furthermore, him and his followers would not have been able to enter Russia because of the murder, and not that they wanted asylum due to the murder, they were denied entrance because of the killing and subsequently killed themselves. On his 'death tape' "Jones tells Temple members that the Soviet Union, with whom the Temple had been negotiating a potential exodus for months, would not take them after the airstrip murders."..

So I guess North Korea would be your option if you wanted to create a communist cult and join a communist country. I'm sure they'd gladly take you..
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 5:40:27 AM
At 4/22/2016 5:39:06 AM, WAM wrote:

I'll start:

On a side note, the quote is a little off, his followers did not kill a senator, the congressman they killed also was not the only congressman who died, while being in office, outside of the US (depends how you define soil, the other congressman was in a plane which was shot down over the sea). Furthermore, him and his followers would not have been able to enter Russia because of the murder, and not that they wanted asylum due to the murder, they were denied entrance because of the killing and subsequently killed themselves. On his 'death tape' "Jones tells Temple members that the Soviet Union, with whom the Temple had been negotiating a potential exodus for months, would not take them after the airstrip murders."..

So I guess North Korea would be your option if you wanted to create a communist cult and join a communist country. I'm sure they'd gladly take you..

I hate communism with every fiber of my being.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 6:16:50 AM
At 4/22/2016 5:40:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll start:

There are plenty of religious cults out there which would surely satisfy your needs. Alternatively, you could just improvise and DIY. The world is your oyster in this case..
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 6:17:51 AM
Studied Chemical Engineering in college.

Hated my job, went to Makersquare (coding bootcamp) to learn Software engineering and preferred it a lot more.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 6:19:19 AM
At 4/22/2016 6:16:50 AM, WAM wrote:
At 4/22/2016 5:40:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll start:

There are plenty of religious cults out there which would surely satisfy your needs. Alternatively, you could just improvise and DIY. The world is your oyster in this case..

Well, that's why I'm reading the HSCRWD. As the book's title explicitly says, I would like to start a cult and rule the world.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 6:24:06 AM
At 4/22/2016 6:17:51 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Studied Chemical Engineering in college.

Hated my job, went to Makersquare (coding bootcamp) to learn Software engineering and preferred it a lot more.

I guess a lot of people don't know what they want to do in the future when they're young or have expectations that aren't accurate.. Which is why I waited a while to know what I really wanted.

However, good that you found something you enjoy.